OT: Jets Lounge: post-Jedi edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I love how fast the games are, but you do have to remember, the entire game is one big advertisement. The players wear ads, the sidelines have the ad boards, the refs even wear ads. Maybe this is the way to go. Flood the playing facility and the players with ads, but cut out the commercial stoppages.

I read a great book called “Reengineering Retail” and one of the chapters was on the shift in marketing strategies and how much less impactful TV advertising is now than it use to be. I don’t have that book in front of me to quote numbers but the trends are eye opening.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I read a great book called “Reengineering Retail” and one of the chapters was on the shift in marketing strategies and how much less impactful TV advertising is now than it use to be. I don’t have that book in front of me to quote numbers but the trends are eye opening.

I watch most shows on PVR. 30 second skip is proof of a wise and loving God. :nod:

Reactions: ps241

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I watch most shows on PVR. 30 second skip is proof of a wise and loving God. :nod:
We cut the cord almost three years ago now. It seems almost quaint when we're watching something at a friend's and a commercial comes on. Between paying for streaming video and music, I rarely hear a lick of advertising.

Reactions: ps241

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
I kinda miss seeing the Canadian ads on the NHL streams. Some broadcasts never blacked them out before MLBtv took over.

Now they black them all out and sell the ad space so I get local commercials in my live games. They’re also very hard to skip in replays. You have to get in very quick when the ad starts or the control bar disappears and you’re stuck waiting for it to end.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Watching that clip was just a reminder of how far this roster has come ... back then Jim Slater was a top-6 forward for us, given that in that EN situation they had Ladd, Wheeler, Little, and Slater on the ice as our forwards.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Have any of you Manitoba bourbon fanatics seen the new offerings at the MLCC? Some apparently good product (though not cheap) has rolled in during the past week with a premium offering sale (not in the sense of "on sale") this past Saturday at Grant Park. I know of a few people that lined up as early as 4 A.M. for this and they weren't first in line. :eek:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Watching that clip was just a reminder of how far this roster has come ... back then Jim Slater was a top-6 forward for us, given that in that EN situation they had Ladd, Wheeler, Little, and Slater on the ice as our forwards.
He was out there to win the draw - don't think he was ever Top 6. But this is getting dangerously close to on-topic! ;)

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Actual picture of me after day at beach on public holiday

boiled-lobster-tail.jpg

Them Kiwi’s cook up just like lobster!

gojetsgo1991

Dec 25, 2011
Not sure if this belongs in this thread or a separate thread if it’s own but does anybody know names/artists of all of the Jets 2017/2018 warmup music? I know the beck song as well as “this is power” but my Shazam wasn’t working at the caps game, couldn’t figure them out. Thanks. Go Jets

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
If this is inappropriate for this forum, apologies. Please remove.

I have children who attend Stoneman Douglas. They are safe, Thank God. Unfortunately, not all of my neighbors can say the same.

Remember what is important in life. Hug your children. Tell the people you love that you love them dearly. People are important, things are not. Help - help people when you can. Don't go to sleep angry. Enjoy life each and everyday.

Love, don't hate.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

I have children who attend Stoneman Douglas. They are safe, Thank God. Unfortunately, not all of my neighbors can say the same.

Remember what is important in life. Hug your children. Tell the people you love that you love them dearly. People are important, things are not. Help - help people when you can. Don't go to sleep angry. Enjoy life each and everyday.

Love, don't hate.

Are you f***ing kidding me? That is scary shit. So sorry for your neighbors.

A few years back a child going to my kids school moved with her family to Boston and sadly she was one of the kids who had her life taken at Sandy Hook. He parents were on 60 minutes talking about it and her dad came back to the school to address our parents at a fundraiser that I was out of town for. Heartbreaking doesn’t begin to describe it.

I am really sorry this event has rocked your community. Wish I had better words.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb

Love, don't hate.

Glad your kids are OK. FYI, I can love, and still hate pieces of shit like this.

Further edited: Without the link, my last sentence loses its sarcasm.

Last edited:

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

Love, don't hate.
Thank God your kids are ok man, that is absolutely terrifying. So sorry to hear about your neighbours children, that is heartbreaking.

I also knew a parent who lost a child in the Sandy Hook shooting, he had moved back to the area after years of teaching here in Winnipeg. It's just so tragic and senseless.

I can't imagine how difficult things will be in trying to recover from this. Take care of one another.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Love, don't hate.

Man I am real glad to hear your kids are OK. What a senseless act of violence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad