OT: Jets Lounge: post-Jedi edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I think the more pertinent curling question is... could their hair get any straighter?!?! :laugh:

Eve-Muirhead.jpg

rachel_homan.jpg

Eve's face says that real smiling has come naturally to her for years.
Rachel's face says, she's been coached into this look, and the coach eventually gave up.

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Well, the rest of the world has figured out this curling game.

4 years ago people were predicting that South Korea was going to win the women’s gold on home ice. Best team so far.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
What a huge disappointment. I wish Jennifer Jones rink had been playing, defending their Gold.

Here's a fun fact: Since curling made its return to the Winter Olympics in 1998, a Canadian team had never finished out of the medals in men's or women's curling.

I think I know why Rachel's husband was drinking so much. He knew he would be dealing with Canada's answer to Hope Solo soon. I wonder if the athletes have to pay damage deposits on their rooms? :laugh:

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Well, the rest of the world has figured out this curling game.

4 years ago people were predicting that South Korea was going to win the women’s gold on home ice. Best team so far.

Only last year both men's and women's teams went undefeated at the world championships.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
The hit of the Olympics

No call on the play... in a sport where hitting is illegal. That would probably be a suspension in the NHL for head hunting. Ouch...

And great poke check from the goalie.

Last edited:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
The hit of the Olympics

No call on the play... in a sport where hitting is illegal. That would probably be a suspension in the NHL for head hunting. Ouch...

The officiating in that game was definitely bizarre.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Thanks to a Swedish buddy I've got Swedish sports channels. They play classic games all the time and it's pretty cool. Right now it's a 2008-09 game between Skelleftea and Modo featuring Peter Forsberg, Zuccarello before the Rangers signed him, a draft eligible Victor Hedman. Forsberg only played 3 games that year so maybe that's why it's considered classic. He scores in a couple minutes so I'm kinda excited. Haha.

MODO - SAIK (4-1)

Goooooooalllllll. 18 year old Victor Hedman the first to give him a hug too

Last edited:

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
After 40 years I quit cold turkey 3 years ago best things I ever did, haven't strayed been tempted but will never start again.

May I follow your foot steps soon...

Thanks for sharing and may you never light a cig again....

Congrats and stay strong....

Proud of you and your accomplishment...

Reactions: bustamente

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Another Russian athlete gets popped for PEDs.

Have not heard of any other athlete than the two OARs.

Edit: two others. Slovenian and Japanese athletes also failed.

Last edited:

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Incredibly undisciplined game for a bunch of guys that this will be their ONLY chance ever playing in the Olympics. Not disappointed at the result, disappointed in the execution.

Looking for a Germany win over the Team that Shall Not be Named.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I don't even care that we won't win gold (or possibly even bronze) in mediocre hockey. It's not a best on best tourney, have fun bragging you beat Derek Roy, Mason Raymond et al. The men's and women's curling teams not even medaling, that is far more embarrassing and concerning.

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
The old folks on here will remember the Crystals. I see there original lead singer died. Man, I still love that wall of sound music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad