OT: Jets Lounge: post-Jedi edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
NOW THEY JUST NEED TO CHANGE THE SETTINGS SUCH THAT EVERYTHING DEFAULTS TO CAPS, TOO.

HFBOARDS IS FUNNIER WHEN YOU IMAGINE EVERYBODY CONSTANTLY YELLING AT EACH OTHER.

Reactions: JohnStaymoose

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
need some advice. I do a little volunteering with immigrants and refugees. one young couple want to take up skating this year and were asking me about skate sizes, in relation to their shoe sizes. any rule of thumb there? also any place you would recommend for decent new skates that don't break the bank? I don't imagine most retailers would measure the customer..
any advice would be appreciated. they are from Brazil by the way :)

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
need some advice. I do a little volunteering with immigrants and refugees. one young couple want to take up skating this year and were asking me about skate sizes, in relation to their shoe sizes. any rule of thumb there? also any place you would recommend for decent new skates that don't break the bank? I don't imagine most retailers would measure the customer..
They should go to SportChek or Canadian Tire or somewhere and try some on. At least try a few pairs on and find their approximate size and ballpark prices and then maybe look for some used on Kijiji. Typically a couple of sizes smaller than their shoe size I think. The Forks rents skates too when the river trail season is underway...so they can try it out before dropping any real money. Skate around the pavilion a bit there. Rental skates are pretty uncomfortable though (at least from what I recall in Ottawa the last time I rented skates).

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

Tell them to go to Play it Again Sports. They will measure skate sizes, and they have used skates that are really cheap. Or at least as cheap as you will find skates for sure. The one I know of is down on St. Annes almost to perimeter (corner of St Annes and Southglen)

And rule of thumb is a couple of sizes smaller. I wear an 11 shoe, 9 in skates. But the people at Play it Again will be able to talk them through how skates should fit and what not.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Wonder if anyone else has noticed that HFBoards is blocked by the ISP in Air Canada lounges (Datavalet) for inappropriate content. Sip can be a bit grumpy, but I'd say that's going a bit too far... :laugh:

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
Tell them to go to Play it Again Sports. They will measure skate sizes, and they have used skates that are really cheap. Or at least as cheap as you will find skates for sure. The one I know of is down on St. Annes almost to perimeter (corner of St Annes and Southglen)

And rule of thumb is a couple of sizes smaller. I wear an 11 shoe, 9 in skates. But the people at Play it Again will be able to talk them through how skates should fit and what not.
thanks very much Holden.

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
They should go to SportChek or Canadian Tire or somewhere and try some on. At least try a few pairs on and find their approximate size and ballpark prices and then maybe look for some used on Kijiji. Typically a couple of sizes smaller than their shoe size I think. The Forks rents skates too when the river trail season is underway...so they can try it out before dropping any real money. Skate around the pavilion a bit there. Rental skates are pretty uncomfortable though (at least from what I recall in Ottawa the last time I rented skates).
thanks very much

mgxu

Nov 26, 2016
North Carolina
Would any one have any interest in a Winnipeg Jets NHL.tv one year package for half the price (60$) I paid it for? I just want to put into the hands of someone that would appreciate it more than me. Message me if your interested.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Some posters do have scantily clad "babe avatars" but I think that's stretching the definition of nudity.

I think I might block this content, too...

Guffman Avatar
269611.jpg

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I think I might block this content, too...

Guffman Avatar
269611.jpg

There should be some sort of avatar awards on here. That has to qualify as award worthy in either best or worst or even both.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Holy Hell Sweden just eliminated Italy from the next world Cup are you kidding me Romang!!! :popcorn::towel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad