OT: Jets Lounge: post-Jedi edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Starting to have some absolute beautiful days here.

Though I have to admit one of the funniest things about my job is seeing the students react to how miserable and changeable Auckland weather can be. A few have come here only dressed for a summer that doesn't properly start until January.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Starting to have some absolute beautiful days here.

Though I have to admit one of the funniest things about my job is seeing the students react to how miserable and changeable Auckland weather can be. A few have come here only dressed for a summer that doesn't properly start until January.

So, do people living on the equator use northern or southern hemisphere seasonal designations? :huh:

Reactions: flyingkiwi

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
How was the season 2? I dont think the season 1 quite lived up to the big hype, but I'll happily watch season 2 if it's as good as season 1

I haven't watched it yet. Currently watching Deep Space Nine and my girly shows Jane the Virgin and Riverdale.

Also, This is Us is amazing. It's on Netflix.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Not in Finnish Netflix :( These movie companies just hate us for some reason
Some national entity probably owns the streaming rights to these shows and movies you can't get on Netflix. Is there some Finnish Netflix type service? Or is one of the players just holding the rights to keep it out of Netflix's hands?

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Some national entity probably owns the streaming rights to these shows and movies you can't get on Netflix. Is there some Finnish Netflix type service? Or is one of the players just holding the rights to keep it out of Netflix's hands?
Every country has different shows available. Something to do with advertising and licensing I think. Really sucks to pay the same amount of money for a significantly smaller amount of content

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
I haven't watched it yet. Currently watching Deep Space Nine and my girly shows Jane the Virgin and Riverdale.

Also, This is Us is amazing. It's on Netflix.

I just started watching Jane the Virgin - it's f***ing brilliant. So much so that I watched the first 7 episodes, and went back to watch from the beginning because I missed some of the inside jokes, and stuff going on in the background, plus some of the plot twists from laughing so much. Maybe it's funnier to me because my nephew and I watched a week's worth of a telenovela (in Spanish, but you easily get the gist of it if you have any facility for latin based languages) when we were in Mexico, and it was entertaining as hell.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
What an absolute beauty he was on the mound. Looking at his Twitter, he is proud of his plane and of the kids he coaches. Just heartbreaking.

RIP, Roy.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
OK, why are things defaulting to bold? Even the none bolded above looks heavier than before. Did I accidentally change something or is this a site change?

Edit: Actually they both look the same after posting with bold on or off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad