OT: Jets Lounge: post-Jedi edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
The ridicule, laughter, and mocking I've gotten this week for supporting the Bombers and Jets this week has been savage. The perks of living in B.C.

Living in a different province and not cheering for the locals sometimes requires thick skin.

Jokes on them; the Bombers will lift the Grey Cup and Jets will make the playoffs.
It has not been pretty for me either. A fellow uni student who I attend lectures with is a fan of Toronto and Saipa, both of which beat my teams on Thursday. Needless to say, she was kind enough to let me know about this fact a couple times too many for my liking. Not that she didn't know that I sat through the entire Jets game... oh well. Revenge will be served at some point.

Reactions: bisonbutt

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Got laid off and paid off my student loan last week. Sucks to be unemployed but at least I get to keep more of my pay going forward.

Reactions: buggs

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Got laid off and paid off my student loan last week. Sucks to be unemployed but at least I get to keep more of my pay going forward.

It's a sign from above that you are meant to take out another student loan and go back to school for a few more years. Two degrees are always better than one. :nod:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
The ridicule, laughter, and mocking I've gotten this week for supporting the Bombers and Jets this week has been savage. The perks of living in B.C.

Living in a different province and not cheering for the locals sometimes requires thick skin.

Jokes on them; the Bombers will lift the Grey Cup and Jets will make the playoffs.

I've been there :laugh: lived in Vancouver for 10 years. Their fans are intolerable.

PS that Jets emoji video is so minor league it's embarrassing.

Reactions: bisonbutt

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
The US men's soccer team won't be going to the World Cup. What a bizarre night of soccer. Beaten by minnows.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
RIP USA

NZ gets Peru in intercontinental playoff. I'm a little disappointed because I was hoping Colombia or Chile would fall to 5th. I have a LOT of friends and students from those countries living here and it would have been a hell of a time.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
As a Canadian MNT fan, welcome, my american brethren, to the minnow club. Yes, you have to bring your own booze.

Also be sure to tune in to the Bison's Women's hockey home opener tomorrow night.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Meanwhile Germany set a new record in their qualification group :hyper: 10 games, 10 wins and a goal differential of +39

Yaaay to us :laugh:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Yeah, but then there's those days where the forecast is, mostly cloudy with a chance of damaging winds, severe flooding and a high airborne pedestrian count. :p:
I will take my chances. Like I told a friend: I'd rather die in a hurricane than live in Winnipeg lmao

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I will take my chances. Like I told a friend: I'd rather die in a hurricane than live in Winnipeg lmao

I can tell you've read this book. :sarcasm:

41FD%2BOmZgeL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Reactions: JetsFan815 and Jet

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I have lived in Winnipeg, Ottawa, Waterloo and currently in Seattle. I can say I have no problems with Winnipeg. I like it more than Ottawa and Waterloo and about the same as Seattle. Most of NA is similar enough that your friend circle and your work likely determines whether you enjoy living somewhere or not

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
No doubt and you could definitely say the same thing about Florida.

Florida is beautiful in its tropical way. You have to be able to adjust to humidity but if you can you are set. One thing though Jet......never, ever go to a Walmart in Orlando, it’s like you are in the Michael Jackson Thriller video.

Reactions: Jet

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Does it offend you guys that my only dream regarding NA would be to live in Vancouver? I'm pretty sure I'd absolutely love the city and area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad