OT: Jets Lounge: post-Jedi edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Well, I can cross a big one off the bucket list. Had some time to kill travelling from Regina to Moose Jaw so decided to make a side trip to Rouleau SK, better known as Dog River of Corner Gas fame. Arguably the best Canadian sitcom ever made. Here's the wife in front of the Dog River Hotel. Not sure what distracted her, perhaps a squirrel. :laugh:

View attachment 96855

Edit: Can someone explain why this damn site turns pictures sideways?

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I don't mind the changes too much, but the thread list is too spread out and bloated for my liking.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Interesting change . Can't seem to find a mobile display option. Wish I could get rid of all the clutter like avatars and such so the text could be larger. Just seems to busy for someone who used the mobile display exclusively.

I get the feeling It's gonna take some time to figure out how to do things that were second nature.

Reactions: kxx and Evil Little

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Interesting change . Can't seem to find a mobile display option. Wish I could get rid of all the clutter like avatars and such so the text could be larger. Just seems to busy for someone who used the mobile display exclusively.

I get the feeling It's gonna take some time to figure out how to do things that were second nature.

Let's start with, how do you preview a post to see if you've figured all this new stuff out and the post will look as you intended?

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
To me it shows nice potential on a web browser. Not sure yet about mobile. Seems a bit tricky to quickly maneuver around.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Web version looks nice and clean once you set the zoom to 70%. At 100%, it suffers from the same flaws as the new nhl.com site. Some obvious design flaws (like OP's avatar being shown as a thumbnail next to each thread) can probably be fixed.

Mobile version, to probably nobody's surprise, is absolute garbage. When phone CPUs weren't as strong, phone screens weren't as big, and mobile data wasn't as fast and cheap as today, mobile designs were actually designed to convey as much information as possible with minimal resources (data, CPU). The old mobile version did exactly that, it was basically just plaintext+HTML+hyperlinks. Did its job, very easy to navigate, a nice anachronism, I guess. The new mobile version is just the usual bloated responsive design garbage with no less than 4 ads per page. Completely unnecessary CPU drain and very hard to navigate.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Dislike the new site. Not a big fan of the mobile view, and there doesnt seem to be any desktop view option when on a mobile device.

Also, 2 clicks to get to the Jets forum? Madness.

Also also, where the f*** is the last unread post option?

Last edited:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Would like more customizable options like whether to display avatars or not. There is an option to change "themes" in preferences but there is only one option there so it can't be changed.You can also increase or decrease threads and posts displayed per page in there.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
Don't mind the changes on mobile, and actually prefer the mobile changes more than the desktop changes. Just found something interesting though - was typing this message on phone, then went to desktop for something and the message was there still here half completed. So i guess that's kind of cool.

Don't really care for needing to hover over thread title to see how many pages it has though, but i guess that's a bit of a silly complaint.

Seems like all my old posts have disappeared though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad