OT: Jets Lounge: post-Jedi edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Heading to the Bronx shortly to watch the Yankee Jays game with the wife. Knock another one off the bucket list.

Reactions: SLAYER

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Wow, got back from dropping the kids off at school and I see news of the Las Vegas shootings. Thoughts and prayers to all Las Vegans.

Absolutely nauseating.

m.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
What happened in Vegas can't even be put into words. Seeing videos from the concert with the gun going off doesn't even seem real. Can't imagine what it must have been like to be there.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Petty was one of my favourite live acts. He just played here in Vancouver not long ago

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Just saw Petty in Minneapolis in July, thankful I made the trip. Have been a huge Petty fan since high school, pretty much encompassing his entire career. Was fortunate to see him nearly a dozen times. Huge part of my life. RIP.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Just saw Petty in Minneapolis in July, thankful I made the trip. Have been a huge Petty fan since high school, pretty much encompassing his entire career. Was fortunate to see him nearly a dozen times. Huge part of my life. RIP.

I was thinking about going last week in LA. Never thought it would be his last concert. :(

Halloween Jack

A real cool cat.
Sep 16, 2013
On top of Manhattan Chase
I went to see him here a few years ago and it was an awesome night. Monsoon like conditions while running from my car to the MTS centre.

I wonder if his family will go after CBS for prematurely reporting his death.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Loved Tom Petty and but oddly I only saw him once and that was the last time he was at MTS center. The concert was as advertised by my buddies and he and the Heartbreakers were amazing. I am really sad he Tom passed but will remain thankful I got to see him here in Winnipeg. Such a truly talented individual who has provided key elements to the soundtrack of my life.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Yeah me too. Iconic picture from 1977. A 19 y/o Joan Jett still with the Runaways, Debbie Harry at the height of Blondie fame, David Johansen from the New York Dolls and Joey Ramone all having a drink together and posing for a pic.

Oh, to have been having a drink with them at that time..... I was 15 and a huge fan of all of them. As a matter of fact those were probably my favorite bands at that time. I still have all 4 bands on playlists even though most people don't recognize the runaways or new york dolls...... or like them :)

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

I'm so happy that I saw him for the first time last time he was in Winnipeg. I've always been a huge fan, but for a lot of my life, was never able to get to concerts. I was glad to be able to see him finally.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Just found out Calla Medig who was taken too soon in the Las Vegas shooting worked in my friends restaurant in Edmonton. Can't begin to imagine the shock, pain, and suffering her loved ones and friends are going through.

Last edited:

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Just noticed this on the BellMTS website...

Channel 1831-1842 - NHL Centre Ice - free preview - October 4 – October 11, 2017

Order NHL Centre Ice today to watch up to 37 out-of-market NHL games every week in HD so you can catch the games that matter to you. *Blackouts apply to all Winnipeg Jets and nationally televised games. This year's NHL Season will kick off on Wednesday, October 4th, with the first games on NHL Centre Ice also starting on October 4th.
NHL-Centre-Ice.jpg

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
http://www.philly.com/philly/health...Hockey_Viewers__Hearts_May_Pay_a_Penalty.html

Just watching a hockey game can put significant stress on the heart, a new study claims.

The study found that, on average, the heart rate of those who watched the game live more than doubled, increasing by 110 percent. Watching a game on TV had a similar effect, increasing the heart rate of spectators by 75 percent.

They actually had to study this?!?!?! I thought this was obvious. Should have had their heart monitors set up during the Jets getting pasted by the Leafs.

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB
They actually had to study this?!?!?! I thought this was obvious. Should have had their heart monitors set up during the Jets getting pasted by the Leafs.

No need - it was clear the team flat-lined by halfway through the second period...

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
The ridicule, laughter, and mocking I've gotten this week for supporting the Bombers and Jets this week has been savage. The perks of living in B.C.

Living in a different province and not cheering for the locals sometimes requires thick skin.

Jokes on them; the Bombers will lift the Grey Cup and Jets will make the playoffs.

Reactions: Jet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad