Post-Game Talk: Jets lose 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
As I said in the GDT we got beat by a team thstcplays like one, has an identity and it showed. It's starting to get a bit disconcerting to see other young teams like Columbus and Toronto being so much further ahead in the process than us. They both look like well oiled machines where we look like we are still fooling around in the muck most of the time. I was happy with the wins but they didn't exactly come off the back of stellar play.

We got back to looking like amateurs tonight, I still am struggling to understand what the plan is here? What type of team are we supposed to be? We have so much damn talent but it looks lost half the time, not on the same page half the time. No concentrated offensive chances or scheme, honestly it looks like we are freestyling half the time.

It's games like this that reinforce My opinion that Maurice really doesn't know what to do with a really skilled team.

Agreed. It's bothersome when you constantly see plays that basically do the opposite for creating on ice chemistry.

Perfect example is when you see players with a ton of space skating towards the blue line, then someone dumps the puck into the corner. Playing right into the hands of the other team.

Columbus at times tonight weren't even protecting the front of the net on zone entries. They knew we would just zip it around the boards and not give it another thought. They would just go straight to the corner and would be standing still by the time the puck arrived. How is it that coaches don't pick up on this!!

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
Back down to earth against a quality team. Couldn't even take advantage of Bobrovsky not starting, but we seem to make backups look like starters. At least Connor got a goal. Not a fan of Torts as a person, but if he was coaching this team we would be structured and disciplined, everything a PoMo team isn't.

This. This is why I didn't want Maurice and wanted the less popular Laviolette. Even at the miff of some players, at least he brings structure to a team. All that stuff doesn't matter when you can grab wins consistently. Which this coach and group will never have.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Other than Connor, complete disaster.

Why do we shift change when we are on a 60/40 dump in? We get possession, but loose it when there is zero support.

Laine, Ehlers invisible.Wheeler and Ehlers with poor puck management. Dumb plays at bad times.

Mason makes me feel like Pavs did. Nervous.

Myers worst game as a Jet. Very bad support for a rookie playing his off side.

We were on the wrong side of the puck all zones, all night.

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
If you add stuff (better stuff, like Kuli and Mason) and it has no effect, then the problem wasn't there in the first place. The coaching and leadership suck so much.

What about the better leadership piece we added? (Hendricks)

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I've never really been one to say Mo needs to go, but I don't see this going anywhere.

He needs to go.

I know he's not.

Reactions: Tanembaria

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
It seems to me that it’s far more common for opposing teams to do stuff to us than it is for us to do stuff to opposing teams. Stuff like successfully implementing game plans and such...

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
We got back to looking like amateurs tonight, I still am struggling to understand what the plan is here? What type of team are we supposed to be? We have so much damn talent but it looks lost half the time, not on the same page half the time. No concentrated offensive chances or scheme, honestly it looks like we are freestyling half the time.

Half-assed. In other words, twice as good as the coach.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Anyone see the defensive answer Maurice gave the reporter asking what the excuse is for a team "not having their skating legs" (Maurice's words) six games into the season?

It's about time someone calls out Maurice for his bull**** snake oil explanations.
I agree, would be nice to hear a little more honest reportage.

Ugghhhhh, I just cannot believe these guys (entire coaching staff) are still employed here.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Anyone see the defensive answer Maurice gave the reporter asking what the excuse is for a team "not having their skating legs" (Maurice's words) six games into the season?

It's about time someone calls out Maurice for his bull**** snake oil explanations.

Just heard that. Seemed a tad miffed, lol...

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada

Have any local media ever called out the snake oil salesman? If I heard correctly on the pre-game he blamed the teams pp woes on removing lowry from the PP so he could PK and then talked about Lowry's injury.

The low down is he is not getting the most out of this hockey club. His player usage and game plan is poor to say the least.

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
Well Helle won three straight, let's pull him in favor of the guy who got blown out twice. Makes sense. Charlie Huddy, how does he have a job in the NHL? Enstrom, sorry but Poolman is more effective. Team has no desire it looks like. Wheeler has been spinning his wheels. Bad loss, we could've lost in a competitive way and I'd be okay with that.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
poolman shld have been playing with buff and myers enstrom shelterd for third line role since both had horrible games. but mo doesnt in game adjust.

laine absolutely NEEDS to be with shief to take full advantage of his strengths little just doesnt drive posession enough. and ehlers helps on his line also.

bottom 6 just doesnt bring enough offense and it shows to many of the same kind of players.

armia connor had great games.

wheeler ehlers myers enstrom horrible tonight

Reactions: roccerfeller

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Well Helle won three straight, let's pull him in favor of the guy who got blown out twice. Makes sense. Charlie Huddy, how does he have a job in the NHL? Enstrom, sorry but Poolman is more effective. Team has no desire it looks like. Wheeler has been spinning his wheels. Bad loss, we could've lost in a competitive way and I'd be okay with that.
This game had so little to do with goaltending its not even funny.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
mo isnt wrong in that they tried to do to much and made the extra pass or deke and it ruined alot of chances creating turnovers. ill give him that. but still he needs to learn to adjust faster

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Have any local media ever called out the snake oil salesman? If I heard correctly on the pre-game he blamed the teams pp woes on removing lowry from the PP so he could PK and then talked about Lowry's injury.

The low down is he is not getting the most out of this hockey club. His player usage and game plan is poor to say the least.

Listened to Mo answer questions in the presser, one of the guys said your team didn’t seem like it showed up and smartazz Maurice says your words not mine, hey Mo were you watching the game from behind the bench or did you have blinders on.

A coach that continually can’t get his team ready for games shouldn’t be behind the bench!

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

Could you imagine the question barrage Mo would be getting if he was in Vancouver, TO, Montreal, Ottawa, etc.

Reporters here give Mo nerf softball questions for fear TNSE might lock them out of the rink!

Reactions: roccerfeller
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad