Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
We are a tire fire

39aacb31fa8c90e872646b1b9d8ee1fe93918b4a6251b3c626a4f26f1071a67e.jpg

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
As I said in the GDT we got beat by a team thstcplays like one, has an identity and it showed. It's starting to get a bit disconcerting to see other young teams like Columbus and Toronto being so much further ahead in the process than us. They both look like well oiled machines where we look like we are still fooling around in the muck most of the time. I was happy with the wins but they didn't exactly come off the back of stellar play.

We got back to looking like amateurs tonight, I still am struggling to understand what the plan is here? What type of team are we supposed to be? We have so much damn talent but it looks lost half the time, not on the same page half the time. No concentrated offensive chances or scheme, honestly it looks like we are freestyling half the time.

It's games like this that reinforce My opinion that Maurice really doesn't know what to do with a really skilled team.

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
Embarrassing again. There is a reason i prefer to watch other teams over the jets (started happening after new years tire fire..). This type of game is way to common.. i hate it. I want the jets to be a good team and atleast make the playoffs so i can watch my favorite player grow.

Right now it feels like he will rot away as a 50 point player and forever be a "what if" player.

Luckily that is just after game depressiom tho, but i do feel honestly bad for jets fans. You guys deserve better. This team is far out from playoffs and no cup in the foreseeable future (i truly hope i am SO wrong on this).

Reactions: Board Bard

Snagari

Apr 27, 2016
When I look at teams playing good, they are great in gap control and defending all the way up from the offesive blue line. They are clean in breakouts and not rushing it, with good puck possession. They have excellent PK and PP. Great goaltending. Quick stops on defence preventing cycle play. In the offensive zone they keep their feet moving causing space to open up.

Most of those things are a result of coaching.

PoMo needs to go. Couple wins here and there do not make a good team, especially when you're not playing that good. As I earlier wrote, the Jets play like teams used to play 10-years ago. The league has become much better coached.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Time for a coaching change, Jets aren’t eating what Maurice is cooking!

He started with his injury excuse before the game. I expect him to continue with that narrative. Chevy extended him , they both have extensions and there is no legit hocky ops guy over seeing the operation. I expect Maurice to enjoy the country club job for life atmosphere of the Jets for many years to come.

The only thing that will bring change is if Chipmans bottom line is affected by fans not purchasing the product.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Corsica has the xGF as 3.75 to 1.34 in favour of Columbus. :laugh:

Mason was once again terrible, way too much noise in his crease movements, completely lost in terms of positioning. The fifth goal wrister from Werenski was as bad as you'll see in terms of positioning.

That said, first two goals were off of terrible unforced turnovers from Wheeler and Ehlers. Third goal was caused primarily by a terrible defensive play by Ehlers, and Myers just daydreaming as Johnson snuck in on the back side.

StiffSquid

Nov 17, 2016
North Carolina
No time to panic. Keep the lines intact , the first line plays great every 10 games or so right so why break them? Laine to fourth line to learn some more defence tho. Obviously his confidence is sky high , so let's lift it even higher. Wheeler deserves more ice time too , he's been really awesome , captain awesome should I say! Mason is the greatest goalie of all time! Defense is alright! All is good and of course process is always a process!

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
No time to panic. Keep the lines intact , the first line plays great every 10 games or so right so why break them? Laine to fourth line to learn some more defence tho. Obviously his confidence is sky high , so let's lift it even higher. Wheeler deserves more ice time too , he's been really awesome , captain awesome should I say! Mason is the greatest goalie of all time! Defense is alright! All is good and of course process is always a process!
Maurice, post game interviews start in a couple minutes, please get of hfboards.

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
Poolman and Connor looked very good. Both should be on the team for the rest of the season (Connor should never have gone down, but apparently we had enough 'top 6' players and needed more scrubs). It looked like Myers was the rookie D partner tonight...

Mason crumbled after a good start. Too bad we don't have a goalie coach that can help.

Reactions: 204hockey

Jets1975

Dec 9, 2011
Back down to earth against a quality team. Couldn't even take advantage of Bobrovsky not starting, but we seem to make backups look like starters. At least Connor got a goal. Not a fan of Torts as a person, but if he was coaching this team we would be structured and disciplined, everything a PoMo team isn't.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Well, we're six games deep into the season, and the Jets have been outplayed in all but one game. We are now officially out of the 'outlier' category and into 'worrisome trend' category. Tonight's game was utter domination by a team that was better coached and employs better systems. Six more games, Maurice. I wonder if we'll celebrate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad