Post-Game Talk: Jets leave the Florida Jets in the baggage claim. Jets win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avocado Coolranch

Just a fool
Jul 1, 2012
Vancouver
Clitsome has stepped his game up in Toby's absence, he's way ahead of Postma and even Stu.

Antro, Burmi and Joki not good again

Wheeler flying again, points will come if he keeps it up

I am a huge Antro-fan but I would have to sadly agree... this was a pretty bad game by Antropov. He kept turning the puck over and just no puck possession whatsoever. Hopefully he haves a better game tmr against fla.

Burmi was well.... Burmi. One too many twists and turns in the o-zone which costed some good chances IMO. Not sure what he is trying to do. He needs to play a simpler game.

Captain Willard

Jan 5, 2012
I am not the best lip reader but I am pretty sure Noel was telling Kane to **** after beaking the ref about the icing call. The 5 on 3 wasn't just bad karma, it's getting back at Kane for being a whiny lil beeyatch. Other than that a much better effort. This is one frustrating, stressful team to watch.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
I am a huge Antro-fan but I would have to sadly agree... this was a pretty bad game by Antropov. He kept turning the puck over and just no puck possession whatsoever. Hopefully he haves a better game tmr against fla.

Burmi was well.... Burmi. One too many twists and turns in the o-zone which costed some good chances IMO. Not sure what he is trying to do. He needs to play a simpler game.

Yeah. I wish he would sometimes dipsy-doodle into the slot or the 'dirty areas' and take a shot. Or look to pass to someone at the back door. Instead it seems a lot of the time he makes that first escape but then takes it to the corner or carries it behind the net, or throws it back to the point. Puck possession is great but the goal is not to play keep-away for as long as you can. The goal is well...to score goals.

He had 19:54 of ice-time, and 0 shots on net.

Jokinen, 20:38, 1 shot on net.

Kane with 9 shots on net in 21:12.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Go home Dawn, you're drunk... :laugh:

Dawn is the greatest caller in post-game history. That call was legendary.

Jets on a Deadline:
Jets-beat-Lightning-300x142.jpg

Game recaps, post-game quotes, video highlights and 3 Stars of the night.

For above click here.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I know it's a small sample size, but is it safe to say that Montoya is currently a better goaltender than Pavs?

No, because technically that's true regardless what anyone THINKS.

Montoya needs more starts can we all agree?! this should be a 60/40 split for pavs i think

Something like that probably would be a decent idea.

And to the people that say Al should start tomorrow. Remember, a lot of times goalies don't do back to back games like this. Really could go either way though.

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Montoya is very positionally sound and his lateral movement is what I wish Pavelec's was.

He makes the saves he is supposed to and you can add some highlight reel ones in there as well.

I support either goalie starting tomorrow, but I hope they give Al his fair share of starts.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Loving the fact Montoya is playing well.

Pavelec definitely needs the push. I think he's someone who feels the #1 job is given to him. He definitely needs to know that his job isn't secure if he plays poorly.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Nice to have a healthy Al back because it would be great if he can create a friendly competition for starts with Pavs. I think it would be good for Dre and good for the team. short of that it's just relly refreshing to get a quality start in relief.

Our team competed and that is all I ask.

for the life of me I can't get a read on our box of chocolates group

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
Monty is one heck of a decent backup. Always fun to watch him play.

Good win. We need another tomorrow.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Nice to have a healthy Al back because it would be great if he can create a friendly competition for starts with Pavs. I think it would be good for Dre and good for the team. short of that it's just relly refreshing to get a quality start in relief.

Our team competed and that is all I ask.

for the life of me I can't get a read on our box of chocolates group

the jets will do the exact oppisite of what you expect them to do, so everyone think the panthers will win

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Montoya was outstanding tonight, but I'd rather see Pavelec get the start tomorrow in Florida. I just don't like the idea of your backup playing on consecutive nights.

Loving the fact Montoya is playing well.

Pavelec definitely needs the push. I think he's someone who feels the #1 job is given to him. He definitely needs to know that his job isn't secure if he plays poorly.

His only prior 'competition' for the starting job was Mason, so there might be something to that. Not saying that Montoya is necessarily capable of wrestling the job from him, but perhaps feeling a bit of a threat to his playing time will spur him on.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Montoya is very positionally sound and his lateral movement is what I wish Pavelec's was.

He makes the saves he is supposed to and you can add some highlight reel ones in there as well.

I support either goalie starting tomorrow, but I hope they give Al his fair share of starts.

They are very much ying and yang :P
Each one's strength is the other one's weakness... now if only there was a way to mash them together...
Really best case would be for them to learn from each other.

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
One thing to consider is that, after the New Jersey game, the Jets will have only 9 more road games to play, as against 14 home games. If they can split the next two and start to play more to form at home, they should be good to finish a few games over .500 (I'd like to think, anyway). If they could win against both Florida and New Jersey, they'd be sitting 13-11-1 with a pretty favourable schedule the rest of the way.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
One thing to consider is that, after the New Jersey game, the Jets will have only 9 more road games to play, as against 14 home games. If they can split the next two and start to play more to form at home, they should be good to finish a few games over .500 (I'd like to think, anyway). If they could win against both Florida and New Jersey, they'd be sitting 13-11-1 with a pretty favourable schedule the rest of the way.

As soon as we start to be optimistic, the jets start to lose...

LETS TANK

Puckschmuck*

What a great night!

Jets win and at least temporarily redeem themselves.

Plus I scored myself a second date :handclap:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
What a great night!

Jets win and at least temporarily redeem themselves.

Plus I scored myself a second date :handclap:

Good for you my friend.......in my former life I had brutal luck on blind dates....glad to see you get a bit of puck luck tonight.....not that I am superstitious but you don't suppose you can have the next date tomorrow night during the panthers game do you ;):p::sarcasm:

Puckschmuck*

Good for you my friend.......in my former life I had brutal luck on blind dates....glad to see you get a bit of puck luck tonight.....not that I am superstitious but you don't suppose you can have the next date tomorrow night during the panthers game do you ;):p::sarcasm:

LOL I was thinking the same thing. I don't think it will happen until Monday as she is heading up to Edmonton for the weekend. If you want, I can go play some squash in the evening; maybe that will help :)

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
LOL I was thinking the same thing. I don't think it will happen until Monday as she is heading up to Edmonton for the weekend. If you want, I can go play some squash in the evening; maybe that will help :)

Dammit...everything I have is too offside, everything onside is weaksauce.

Jets win.

Ossific

Aug 23, 2010
Just finished watching the game.. hoooooly ****. I seriously don't understand how a team can go from playing like possibly the worst team in the NHL to all of the sudden looking like they might be one of the best. They played soooooo good tonight(besides burmi and antro)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad