Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation - Part XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I was saying that your trade was closer to just Kane's value and suggesting we would be throwing the other two in for free.

Which is part jest, as Seto's value is essentially nil anyways.

Ah, I see.

Well, to be fair, Seto's value is practically non-existent, while clitsomes is also quite low.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Ah, I see.

Well, to be fair, Seto's value is practically non-existent, while clitsomes is also quite low.

I believe Clitsome's player value is higher than his trade value.

His shot metrics and point production are strong for a bottom 4 defender, but fear with his back injury and how he may recover would likely push the price way down.

On a none-value aspect, it wouldn't work with the Jets.
It would be a movement to an older team, which is against the Jets MO.
The Jets (unfortunately) said they will be dealing with goaltending internally.
And Clitsome is one of 3 NHL calibre LHD the Jets have under contract for next season.

jetkarma*

At his age an ELC is 2 years. Max dollars is $925K with bonus potential of 2.85M for a cap hit of 3.775M.

So it won't be money as the determining factor , seems with the interest he has garnered it will be a long shot but one we need to be in the mix for .

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
If Chevy is keeping Pavelec to sign Frolik or any other Czech player, than Chevy is a weak GM.

jetkarma*

If Chevy is keeping Pavelec to sign Frolik or any other Czech player, than Chevy is a weak GM.

Do you really think he is doing that?

There is a big difference between that and not diminishing your players and assets in public . What is said publicly is very different than what may unfold.

If he had come out , ripped Pavs , belittled him , would that have sent any type of message to current and potential future players? You don't think that would have had an impact?

I do.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
To play DA:

Letting poor play slide is also not a positive attribute for players to see either.

It depends on lots of things I guess.

use Reimer's situation in Toronto as a parallel, including Carlyle's comments about Reimer late in the season.
Reimer has little trade value due to the complete handling of that situation and his possible demise in play due to it.
now, NHL GMs usually aren't stupid, so stats and visuals would lead them to assess Pavs as we do. but maybe he does have some/more trade value than we think and due to how he was handled?

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011

If he determines that's the only way to keep Frolik or sign Sekac maybe it's not a bad thing. Pavelec can still be bought out.

But I think I'm really reaching with all that.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
To play DA:

Letting poor play slide is also not a positive attribute for players to see either.

It depends on lots of things I guess.

Who says poor play is sliding? What happens in behind closed doors and what the media is told are two entirely different things.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Who says poor play is sliding? What happens in behind closed doors and what the media is told are two entirely different things.

The fact that he still played games and if he has a contract by July that would say his poor play is being accepted by the organization.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Do you really think he is doing that?

There is a big difference between that and not diminishing your players and assets in public . What is said publicly is very different than what may unfold.

If he had come out , ripped Pavs , belittled him , would that have sent any type of message to current and potential future players? You don't think that would have had an impact?

I do.

Agreed. What the media is told is the public message the organization wants to present. Can't very well say he is a piece of **** and we are trying to dump on some poor sucker.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Didn't know where to put this, but from Darryl Sutter himself:

The game’s changed. They think there’s defending in today’s game. Nah, it’s how much you have the puck. Teams that play around in their own zone (say) they’re defending but they’re generally getting scored on or taking face-offs and they need a goalie to stand on his head if that’s the way they play.

Master Scheif

dirt nasty
Jun 7, 2014
Winnipeg
Hopefully Pavelec is czeching out sooner than later.

Also, this is my first post! I've been on here for a month or so and decided to finally make an account because I love reading posts, so why not create some for others to read?

:D

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Thanks! I made it for NHL a while back and I still thought it would be a perfect name.

Also the avatar I spent WAY too much time on by using good ol' Microsoft Paint.

Welcome to the board!!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

You have to save that with the Tippett quote. Makes you realize how nice it is to get a kid like Morrissey who is the embodiment of the new movement.

jetkarma*

The fact that he still played games and if he has a contract by July that would say his poor play is being accepted by the organization.

With respect no it doesn't. We have been told numerous times Winnipeg will not buy out a contract. That doesn't meant they are accepting poor play or won't address it , and as mentioned what has been said in private is just that . We may want to hear details or have it public that a player was called out and raked over the coals , that isn't going to happen with this organization in a way that some people want or expect.

Let's see how they handle and move forward with Hutchinson , they also made the decision to sign Hellebycuk which may or may not have been influenced by their feelings on Pavs performance.

jetkarma*

Tom Morrissey says hello , here is a blurb about his foresight :

Recognizing a void in quality defence training as the sport of hockey was evolving, D-rules was formed in 2005. Significant rule changes at the pro level has dictated different individual tactics and therefore skill level to succeed in the new envirnment. Tom has initiated and innovated the way players are developed. Key focus is placed on skill and individual tactical details. Skating is paramount. Thinking the game is more important than ever and D players need to learn techniques to read the play and make decisions.

D-Rules continues to evolve and innovate with over 1200 hours of study on D coaching and hockey evolution.â€

As I previously said , Josh is always processing the game :)

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Hopefully Pavelec is czeching out sooner than later.

Also, this is my first post! I've been on here for a month or so and decided to finally make an account because I love reading posts, so why not create some for others to read?

:D

Strong start with a pun in your first post AND in your username.

Keep it up, Rookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad