JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Continue here

#Romangformoderator

Previous thread: Part XXI

Previous posts:

I hear ya, Huff. Though compared to Thornton and Marleau, he's a wide-eyed pup. :sarcasm:

They want to turn the team over to Couture and Pavelski as the new leaders. And make the rest of the team younger. Kind of like how Thornton and Marleau took over the team years ago. Possibly a mini rebuild - anybody's guess if Thornton and Marleau will be gone this year.

I'm just passing along what's in the media.

Getting rid of the team's best forward - Thornton - constitutes more than a mini-rebuild.

Hard to say. They still have a good young core...Couture, Hertl, Nieto, Wingels, Vlasic, Braun, Demers. Vets Burns, Pavelski, Niemi, Torres. If they get rid of Thornton, still got a lot of guys to build around. And I think they'd still make playoffs without him. But if they get rid of Marleau too...then that would definitely set them back.

Personally I think they should get rid of Pavelski. Sell high after a 40 goal season. Buyout Burish and Havlat. And find a scoring winger. They have one of the best coach/GM combos in the league...they'll be fine.

Anyone thing the Jets are in on this?

McKenzie: And there's another free agent we should keep our eye on who most people haven't heard of: a 22-year-old Czech by the name of Jiri Sekac. He went through the NHL Drafts and never got picked up. He was once cut by the Peterborough Petes but he had a strong year in the KHL playing for the Prague team. Right now he has more than a dozen firm offers on a max entry-level deal for two years. He's expected over the next couple of days to make up his mind as to which team. This is a guy who is in great demand. He's a 6'2, 190 pound left winger who many believe is ready to step in NHL-ready.

Helps having Pavelec and Frolik on the team.

jetkarma*

12 offers at max dollars? is two years the max as well?

A lot of competition which isn't good but we do have a spot for him which is . Be a sweet signing and one that could be a real boost for next year. Anyone know about him or more details?

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
http://www.hokej.cz/cz/lev-v-khl/ji...y-do-zamori-uz-chci-mit-brzy-jasno-rika/?1=rw

The former hockey player Kladna showed during the year 2012-13 a lot of potential, full shined during this year's Continental League. The chisel is excellent in one on one situation, plays great body and working at the border. Also improved productivity. Made a performance leap, which overseas know very well.

At the World Championships George admitted that his services are more interested clubs. "To be honest, even I do not know exactly how many. Knows this my agent., I concentrated on duty in the representation. Now I would like to have it clear," he says. Talks are in the final stage, Chisel now before the final verdict is issued for the Atlantic that everything followed up personally.

"In America I will be four days, mainly to meet there with overseas agent Allan Walsh. Would have had meetings, we sit together on the possibilities. Then for some of them decide" plans. Talk about specific clubs at this time is appropriate, the spring is rumored that the young Czech predator wanted seven, maybe eight teams of the NHL.

The number could change, or rather up, because Reaper is not lost on his first world championship. "I'm just glad I could be at the tournament.'ve Gained more experience, I think I can be very satisfied. Championship moved me back a bit further," responds the discovery of which in Europe, representing Michal Sivek and Vladimir Vůjtek.

During his stay in Minsk discussing his future with teammates who have experience in the NHL, he did so previously in Leo. "The guys I was talking about. Was not a particular debate, rather, I wonder what there is life. How do organizations go," he says. In addition to the advantages of hockey has a great advantage, speaks very good English. "The roads will not be a problem, I spoke no English during the two years since I played junior," he confirms.

2009-11 World Cup participant spent twenty years 2012 teams Peterborough Petes (OHL) and the Youngstown Phantoms of the USHL. Then NHL scouts delivered, but now they are on full alert and give superior in clubs a lot of positive information. "Some time ago I engaged in overseas little regret, but I like it. Know what is out there playing hockey, I can talk. I think after this page I will be well prepared," responds.

If all goes well, in the coming days to chisel decide for one of the variants and signed his first professional contract in the NHL. "I was never drafted, therefore I am a free agent and can negotiate with anyone. In my case it will be the first contract, which must be two-way," he says. George chooses club especially with regard to the chances towards the first team. It is clear that after a great season in Leo would hate headed to the farm. However, it will no longer depend on it.

While most other Czech representatives immediately after the World Championships went on vacation, chisel you wait. "I think everything well, engagement in the NHL is a priority for me. Knew it in advance and therefore not planned any holiday. Anything I have bought so far is not going anywhere. Relax I start to sign and I'll be clear," he says.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Perhaps Chevy knew this could happen, had his eyes on that player for a while, and played it cool "Pavelec will be our starter next year". I thought it was because of Frolik, maybe it's because of this guy.

jetkarma*

Perhaps Chevy knew this could happen, had his eyes on that player for a while, and played it cool "Pavelec will be our starter next year". I thought it was because of Frolik, maybe it's because of this guy.

Thanks for the post , and I was thinking this as well , just another reason you don't trash your assets.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I'd rather get rid of Pavelec than sign this guy. Besides there are other Czech players in the league, not sure Pavs is THAT much of an asset in attracting players. At least at attracting players who want to win.
But I guess people need to rationalize why we'd keep a brutal goalie, and this is as good a reason as any.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Why not both?

So we're going to play the Pavelec is our starter card in hopes of landing this player, and also get rid of this Pavelec?

I suppose it could be done, but if I'm a player signing with a team because I want to play with player X and they promptly buy him out, I'm not going to think fondly of that team.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014

Chevy to Frolic: "Michael, we want to give you $14 million for four years."
Frolic to Chevy: "Will Ondrej Pavelec be on the team?"
Chevy to Frolic: "He certainly will! He will be our starter!"
Frolic to Chevy: "Then make it $18 million."

p.s. I am a short-time reader, first-time poster. I like places where there's lots of Jets stuff to read, like here.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Chevy to Frolic: "Michael, we want to give you $14 million for four years."
Frolic to Chevy: "Will Ondrej Pavelec be on the team?"
Chevy to Frolic: "He certainly will! He will be our starter!"
Frolic to Chevy: "Then make it $18 million."

p.s. I am a short-time reader, first-time poster. I like places where there's lots of Jets stuff to read, like here.

Your avvy will make you lots of friends here :)

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
@ drumzan:
would probably be smart move to sell high on Pavelski:
Bo6o8ypCEAALfK6.png

Bo6qKZ7IAAADX_X.png

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Pretty funny that the negative numbers on Pavelski have came up just as I was going to mention him.

I was going to ask for a general consensus on an offer like this.

Pavelski, Niemi, Kennedy, for Kane, Clitsome, and the rights to Setoguchi.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Pretty funny that the negative numbers on Pavelski have came up just as I was going to mention him.

I was going to ask for a general consensus on an offer like this.

Pavelski, Niemi, Kennedy, for Kane, Clitsome, and the rights to Setoguchi.

That would be an easy no for me.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I'm pretty sure that the reason the Jets are keeping pavel**** around, is not to attract some Czech free agent.

Just like it has nothing to do with Frolik. At the end of the day, these guys are pros and know the score. they know that sometimes your friends will be traded or bought out, or your best bud signs somewhere else. When was the last time that someone refused to re-sign or demand a trade or sit out because something happened to their buddy? I'm honestly drawing a blank.

While this particular FA sounds somewhat enticing, the only player like that that kind of sort of worked out that I remember has been Damien Brunner. For the most part the guys that sign here that have typically played overseas have a very hard time adjusting to the game.

I'd rather let Pavs go, and allow somebody else to take a risk on what's his nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad