Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (Part XX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Assuming Joe plays wing and not Center, in Wpg, where does he slot in? With Ladd & Little? Suppose Little could slide over as well.

I'm not sure I like moving the 1st this year. Still think you can get a valuable piece of the future puzzle at 9. I'd throw in a prospect with Buff for just Pav.

I think the advantage of having guys like Pavelski and Little is that it gives you a lot of flexibility.

If they wanted to keep Frolik with Ladd and Little, you could then do the next two lines either as a loaded second line, or as sets:

Ladd - Little - Frolik (Tough assignments)
XX - Pavs - Wheeler
Kane - Scheifle - XX (Burmi?)

Or you could move Frolik down:

Ladd - Little / Pavs - Little / Pavs / Wheeler
Kane - Scheifele - Little / Pavs / Wheeler
XX - Burmi - Frolik

Definitely would move a prospect instead of the 9th, but I would wonder who that would be to make it fair. I wouldn't do Morrissey.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
I think the advantage of having guys like Pavelski and Little is that it gives you a lot of flexibility.

If they wanted to keep Frolik with Ladd and Little, you could then do the next two lines either as a loaded second line, or as sets:

XX - Pavs - Wheeler

XX - Burmi - Frolik

Definitely would move a prospect instead of the 9th, but I would wonder who that would be to make it fair. I wouldn't do Morrissey.

Well, maybe Buff and a guy like Copp might get it done.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Don't want and wouldn't trade Copp personally unless we got overpayment.

I knew that would get a reaction.

I like him too. Just spitballing. Wouldn't want to move him, if didn't have to, but would have to give up something.

jetkarma*

I like him too. Just spitballing. Wouldn't want to move him, if didn't have to, but would have to give up something.

Very true , just I see him as a real plus , and pretty soon . So do some hockey people I know :)

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

The Sharks need a Sutter because the Kings have one. :)

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Who the bloody hell is Copp.

Will be the captain of Michigan next season as a junior and was PPG type player for them this past season, best buddies with Trouba growing up. I would compare him style wise to Bo Horvat. I really like his game and his character is off the charts. All state Quarterback who just dedicated himself to hockey full time half way through his freshman season.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Will be the captain of Michigan next season as a junior and was PPG type player for them this past season, best buddies with Trouba growing up. I would compare him style wise to Bo Horvat. I really like his game and his character is off the charts. All state Quarterback who just dedicated himself to hockey full time half way through his freshman season.

Strange choice...

Oh well, means he is just an all-around good athlete. Good to hear.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road

XX - Pavs - Wheeler

XX - Burmi - Frolik

If we get Pavelski on this team there is no way in hell we are going to nickname him Pavs. We have suffered far too much with a Pavs on our team already

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
I think Copp is going to better than Lowry when all is said and done. I like the way he thinks the game.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Strange choice...

Oh well, means he is just an all-around good athlete. Good to hear.

To be clear he was All State high school QB so I am not sure he had collage options that were better than his hockey option.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Curious to see if you guys think this is something Winnipeg would consider doing...

Kane for the Schenn's

Luke's a RD correct? If so he isn't a fit here as we have two that are better than him in Bogo and Trouba and a bunch of young guys that can take the bottom spot.

I also think Kane > Brayden so I don't see this deal working.

I would probably do Kane for B. Schenn and Read.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Assuming that Buff is our 3rd line RW and either Jokinen or Burmi will be our 3rd line C, then who should we sign from free agency as their LW?

Kulemin
Raymond
Michalek
Pouliot
?????

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Assuming that Buff is our 3rd line RW and either Jokinen or Burmi will be our 3rd line C, then who should we sign from free agency as their LW?

Kulemin
Raymond
Michalek
Pouliot
?????

Gaborik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad