Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 16-17 Part XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yup. I can't imagine a world where the Isles wouldn't have done a Pav for Halak swap when he cleared. They win, and the swap of Pav mitigates the risk somewhat for the Jets.

Made way too much sense to me. I truly believe that those who are put in the position of GM, or coach, know more than a bunch of fans, but there are some instances where you just cannot explain the reasoning.

That was certainly one of those times. Win/win. The only thing that might make sense is that the Isles wanted to keep Halak as insurance once he had cleared. Not sure that makes sense though.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
How about trading for Craig Anderson this summer. I think sens will extend condon, getting rid of Anderson gives them cash to use if they want to trade for duchene or landeskog. Not sure what he would cost but that's the type of guy we need next year. Would be nice if we could get him for a pick.

If recent history is any indication I don't think the Senators are going all in on an unimpressive goalie who goes on a hot streak.

I expect them to sign Condon, then I expect him to hit waivers at some point soon after that. ;)

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
How many here would trade Wheeler for Mark Stone? I know I would. Amazing chemistry with Scheifele

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Hey guys. Habs fans coming in peace!

You guy are looking for a LHD.

Is that possible to work something like :

:habs

Mathieu Perreault

:jets

Alexei Emelin (25% retained)
2nd 2017

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Passsss

Emelin.png

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
I've got 44 d-men now made up hahaha.

Garrets putting in some work!

Love this stuff man. Are these numbers available anywhere or do you have to calculate them yourself?

I love these type of inclusive metrics and would love to start incorporating it into some other stuff.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Hey guys I was wondering what the deal with Trouba is. Is it a Drouin situation where he asked for a trade but will now stay or does it seem like he will be moved later on?

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Hey guys I was wondering what the deal with Trouba is. Is it a Drouin situation where he asked for a trade but will now stay or does it seem like he will be moved later on?

Good time to ask with trouba suspended and not Malkin :laugh: :D
Hope you don't feel the wrath of our best posters!

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

We're hoping it's more of Drouin situation. Won't know until extension talks begin next year. Hopefully Chevy gets it done before the end of summer.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Nobody knows. Speculation has been everywhere. We'll know if he gets to arbitration in summer '18, or if he signs long term before that.

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010

Trouba has been playing the last couple of months as if he wants to stay. The way he's been playing, he must be happy. My guess is the Jets will be able to sign him long term for his next contract.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
We're hoping it's more of Drouin situation. Won't know until extension talks begin next year. Hopefully Chevy gets it done before the end of summer.

Nobody knows. Speculation has been everywhere. We'll know if he gets to arbitration in summer '18, or if he signs long term before that.

Trouba has been playing the last couple of months as if he wants to stay. The way he's been playing, he must be happy. My guess is the Jets will be able to sign him long term for his next contract.

Thanks for the responses guys

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Traded?

Edit: not traded it seems

Last edited:

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Garrets putting in some work!

Love this stuff man. Are these numbers available anywhere or do you have to calculate them yourself?

I love these type of inclusive metrics and would love to start incorporating it into some other stuff.

It's kind of like the old PCS pre-being bought out. It's not meant proprietary but they don't have the database public yet.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Daaag nabbit. We've been trying to find a good system for more inclusive ratings but nothing as robust as these.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
He's the ONLY RHD they have and the Flyers are still in the WC race.

Just saw your edit. :) Don't know why he'd take his sticks but a trade seemed unlikely.

It was reported that the Flyers changed practice time plate last night and Gudas left early because of a prior commitment. It's just that TD rumour mill in action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad