Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
They just lost Fraser and Halischuk. Replacement parts?

I think so, although i would be a bit surprised if we dont make some other moves yet. I think we have some contract spots to fill as well. Just think Chevy is not done with the dynamite.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
From what I could pick up from the intermission interview by Chevy yesterday it doesn't appear the Jets are actively seeking dealings. It sounds like they are keeping the doors open because you never know what comes your way, but I did not get the impression that there was something imminent. Could be wrong though.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Jets should use their abundance of available Cap space to their advantage. I.e. Take an unwanted expiring contract to get a prospect or pick.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
It's more that Stafford will regress and we can probably get lots for him at this deadline.

He's not a rental. Who is going to take on his contract? Stafford is more likely to move a year from now.

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
From what I could pick up from the intermission interview by Chevy yesterday it doesn't appear the Jets are actively seeking dealings. It sounds like they are keeping the doors open because you never know what comes your way, but I did not get the impression that there was something imminent. Could be wrong though.

I got the same impression from him last night. If he was going to make a deal it would be for a young player, I'm not sure we have pieces to move that make sense. People have been floating out Enstrom's name but I can't see him moving at the deadline.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
If Enstroms name is out there, it's because somebody is asking about him. I thought Chevy kind of bit his lip a bit there last night, i think other moves are likely, I'm not sure how many or who but i wouldn't be surprised if he's not done yet.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Even if you get a 20y/o D prospect you are probably still waiting 4-5 years.

Trading forward prospects for defense prospects is a bad idea. Defencemen take a lot longer to develop and are harder to predict.

Packaging forward prospects for a young D that is already NHL proven, great. But going lateral, moving a forward prospect for a similar level and age defence prospect is a bad move.

The 20 YO D has a wait time 2 years less than a new draftee. I would trade Roslovic for Larsson in a heartbeat. They are from the same draft less than a year ago. Roslovic was taken 3 spots sooner.

Young already proven D that are available are usually limited to 3rd pair duty or else are extremely expensive. We need top 4, even top 2 LHD. Promising prospects are a little cheaper because perceived risk is higher. But the assets you are trading are in the same situation. D are generally considered to be worth more than wingers so we might have to bump up the price a bit in some cases.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
OK, now let's dump all those bad contracts and plugs we have. Maybe even Stafford or someone else.

Thats the moves that are needed; no doubt whatsoever. As long as we have guys that are just there for"character" we'll be in the same boat that we are this year -- fighting for draft choices.

Stu needs to go but he's hurt, so save that for the summer. Thorburn, Burmi & maybe Stafford. One of Pavs or Hutch for sure. Did I miss anyone.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
The 20 YO D has a wait time 2 years less than a new draftee. I would trade Roslovic for Larsson in a heartbeat. They are from the same draft less than a year ago. Roslovic was taken 3 spots sooner.

If the Jets were that high on Larsson why didn't they pick him? I'm not sure they're ready to give up on Roslovic just yet

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville

Young already proven D that are available are usually limited to 3rd pair duty or else are extremely expensive. We need top 4, even top 2 LHD. Promising prospects are a little cheaper because perceived risk is higher. But the assets you are trading are in the same situation. D are generally considered to be worth more than wingers so we might have to bump up the price a bit in some cases.

It is indeed odd that we do not appear to be targetting D prospects anywhere but in the mid-late rounds of the draft. Larsson was there for the taking but we went with a forward. Pokka I'm sure was available but we went with Dano. All the rumors elsewhere seem to have us after forward prospects. I am perplexed.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
So we got Dano. Reports out of S Florida and Brooklyn said we were looking for Crouse / Top F prospect. Interesting that there were no reports of targeting D.

What does this imply about Chevy's view of our roster and depth? If anything, it sounds to me like he's locked in on our Top 4 for the next 3-4 years and thinks we have enough or can find replacement parts in the bottom 2?

We have a good top 4. He has no problem with Trouba on the left (although Maurice isn't too sure). We have great depth with Stu and Chiarot. When Pardy and Postma can hardly get on the ice you obviously don't have any D problems. Our system has exactly 1 each L&R. What more could you ask for? :sarcasm: Never mind that Enstrom and Stu will age out soon. We can cross that bridge when we come to it.

Why would we be interested in D under those circumstances? It isn't like D development takes much time.

I like Dano. He will very quickly upgrade our 3rd line, which needed a little help. But I would hate to think we dealt with Chicago because all Anaheim would offer was Larsson.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
So we have 8 RW and 0 LW players right now.

Not sure there's a huge difference between LW & RW (quite interchangable), but it does seem like almost all of our top F prospects shoot Left. Have to go down to Harkins & Roslovik to get Rightys (although thats according to HF so could be wrong)

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
If Enstroms name is out there, it's because somebody is asking about him. I thought Chevy kind of bit his lip a bit there last night, i think other moves are likely, I'm not sure how many or who but i wouldn't be surprised if he's not done yet.

I think it's the opposite, he asked for a trade. He does have a full NMC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad