Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 14-15 Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Making trades for anyone from the Leafs is risky. Playing for that team is bound to damage anyone, so if you make the trade... you are either getting someone that is damaged beyond repair or you hope they are so happy to get out of Toronto, they turn in to a great player.

Rather have Bogo then Lupul and Gardiner. It would be different if Lupul stayed healthy...but he doesn't.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Drew Shore might have been a good piece to acquire. Especially considering the low cost. Might have been an improvement on our bottom 6.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Rather have Bogo then Lupul and Gardiner. It would be different if Lupul stayed healthy...but he doesn't.

Gardiner is nowhere near worth Bogo either. He's become a giveaway machine. Has Toronto become the Edmonton of the East? The place where good young players go to ruin their careers? Neither is fit to be the main piece coming back for Bogo.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Drew Shore might have been a good piece to acquire. Especially considering the low cost. Might have been an improvement on our bottom 6.

Change of scenery for both players. Looks like Calgary got the best of it though.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Gardiner is nowhere near worth Bogo either. He's become a giveaway machine. Has Toronto become the Edmonton of the East? The place where good young players go to ruin their careers? Neither is fit to be the main piece coming back for Bogo.

I think he's an interesting player that can still be reclaimed, under the right circumstances. Still wouldn't trade Bogo for him though, but I think Gard can turn it around with the right team.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think he's an interesting player that can still be reclaimed, under the right circumstances. Still wouldn't trade Bogo for him though, but I think Gard can turn it around with the right team.

He certainly showed a lot of promise. I'd be optimistic that the Jets could succeed in rescuing him but I'm pretty sure the Leafs would wan't far too much for him. I'd give them Pav + Thor :naughty: maybe add Pardy. :naughty: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad