Prospect Info: Jets draft RW Dmitri Rashevsky - 5th Round, 146th overall

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Rashevsky is older than Chibrikov I thought. Thought Rashevsky was passed over in his first draft

Rashevsky is 2 years older as far as drafts go, yeah. Will be 22 in October. Chibrikov 20 in Feb. Rashevsky was available in the 2019 draft, being born in October. A really good double overage pick. Looking like the best so far comparing him to (iirc) Poolman who was one as well.

Reactions: Gabe Kupari

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Really hope he and Chibrikov come over next year. Could make this coming rebuild/retool speed up significantly.
100 % agree with this post, as from what I've seen from that Chibrikov he's got the whole package. He's great speed, great stickhandler, and nice scoring hands. Very much reminds me of Ehlers. I'd love to get that guy over here.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
eh, after that hot start last year, his numbers are not really that impressive. Tailed off big time in the second half last year and only has 5 points in 10 games this year.
Very true. Still probably several years before he is here I'm guessing. Make some KHL money and come over when he is ready. Could be a very seasoned pro for a rookie if he keeps developing every year in Russia. Hopefully one day.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Five goals in 10 playoff games for Dynamo Moscow but after finishing with the league's best record during the regular season Dynamo was swept in the second round of the playoffs.

Is it possible for him to join the Moose on an amateur tryout or does that only happen when a player completes his KHL contract?

Reactions: John Agar

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
Five goals in 10 playoff games for Dynamo Moscow but after finishing with the league's best record during the regular season Dynamo was swept in the second round of the playoffs.

Is it possible for him to join the Moose on an amateur tryout or does that only happen when a player completes his KHL contract?
97.3% sure I am right - but certainly willing to be corrected if I'm not.

The fact that Rashevsky is still under contract with Dynamo in the KHL until the end of the 2024-2025 season means that he is absolutely NOT available to come over on an amateur contract basis. The contract is not transferable. Having trouble finding current information on whether the nhl team or individual player can "buy out" the remainder of their contract if they want to make the switch. I don't think that would be a desired option by either in this specific case however.

I think he is a great player which could in fact have a solid NHL career, and really hoping he makes the move for the 2025-2026 season, but not going to hold my breath.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad