GDT: Jets @ Draft Lottery • Sat Apr 30, 7PM [Jets win 2nd overall!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Hey guys, I haven't been around much since the season ended, but I still can't believe the luck we've fallen into - I'm excited for Jets hockey all over again, and it's only May! Hopefully our influx of forward talent starts to make the Moose somewhat watchable. This is going to be great! Couple questions:

1. Can someone with a bit more knowledge on the top 30 prospects break down some of the players we might take at #22? It sure would be nice to have more players coming up for D than just Morrissey.

2. What would your bottom 6 look like next year, if everything goes to plan? Some might say this is rushing it, but I wouldn't mind seeing Petan play 3C. It would be a much better fit than playing on the 4th was for him last year. I could see:
Perreault - Petan - Armia/Dano
Lowry - Copp - Armia/Dano

Lots discussed in the draft thread

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
This is the greatest feeling I had since May 31, 2011. If it is Laine I'll be over the moon because I've been high on him for awhile. Matthews wouldn't be be bad either ;)

That moment when Calgary took our 6 spot I screamed and scared the poop out of my doggy and had to reel myself in when it came down to the two remaining spots.

BTW Burkie either wear the damn tie or take it off and get a haircut.

Acetylene

Every dog has it’s day
Jul 10, 2010
Sweden
Congratulations, Jets fans! Laine will be awesome to watch in the league. Exciting days to come for you guys! :handclap:

sashalaine

Apr 2, 2016
Helsinki
I live here and am a STH for Lausanne HC. The 300k I quoted was CHF, I should have mentioned that.

I'd be surprised if ZSC were interested in offering 500K for him to stay. Hockey is a big sport in Switzerland but Matthews really didn't generate much of a buzz to be honest. For example, Hiller signing with Biel was a lot bigger deal.
Okay, you probably know better than I do. I would have thought he'd have more PR value as he was the consensus(ish) 1st overall pick. Also the way he's been praised by Crawford and some 'Matthews over Laine' debaters possibly made him seem more valuable. :D

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
Okay, you probably know better than I do. I would have thought he'd have more PR value as he was the consensus(ish) 1st overall pick. Also the way he's been praised by Crawford and some 'Matthews over Laine' debaters possibly made him seem more valuable. :D

i mean to be fair do you expect his coach to say he's good but not as good as the other guy

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne

Stuff like that doesn't have much traction in Switzerland though. Swiss people don't care so much about things happening outside their borders.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Great post...

I'm also really stoked about what this means for the franchise.

Now it sort of seems that in 2-3 years Frolik @ $4.3M might have been a bit of overkill for the 3rd line. I'd prefer to re-sign Perreault and then have Armia, Dano or maybe even Lemieux on the 3rd line. The top two lines will presumably be set on the wing with Ehlers, Wheeler, Laine and Connor.

There are going to be a lot of offers for Laine, including some that might be very tempting. I just think that the Jets have to resist and go for what might be the next consistent 50 goal scorer. The Jets have plenty of other assets to fill out the roster, but I think a top-end talent has to be the priority in this draft.

We have to grab Laine if he is there because cost controlled top end talent is so rare....sometimes its that simple. The big thing is he accelerates our window IMO.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Karma is a beautiful thing!
Love the new lottery rules!
Stellas were flying off the shelves!
NM, where is Hammer Slammer with videos of Laine from the last 5 years! (maybe that's what he's been doing?)
Can't wait for the Worlds!
I think McAvoy slides to us!
Ladd who?!
Bring on some hockey!

That would work for sure.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
I'd say there's at least a half dozen Jets players and prospects who really upped their training workout today. Competition just got even more stiff for the Jets' forward roster.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I'd say there's at least a half dozen Jets players and prospects who really upped their training workout today. Competition just got even more stiff for the Jets' forward roster.

We have a bunch of lower end prospects, none of them can compete with the #2 OA no matter what they do (exception Connor).

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
If I had one wish it would be someone with talent make a GIF of Chevy and Burke were both deadpan looks for about a two count after it was revealed Winnipeg was moving up but Chevy cracked that little grin while Burke stayed in character. That moment made me burst out laughing (on the replay of coarse).
That moment made my night

Burke what a doosh

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
OEL + 7th OA?

A) I probably wouldn't take that. The guy available at #7 in this draft has the upside to be what? A solid 2nd pairing defenceman or a decent 2nd line winger?

B) Before the draft lottery Oilers fans were asking Arizona fans what they would offer for #1 OA if the Oilers won. Arizona fans wanted #1 OA AND another good piece (think Nurse) for OEL. Obviously fans on a message board are pretty far removed from an NHL GM, but if Arizona management feels even one tenth as strongly as the fans do, there is no way we'd get a plus on top of OEL for Matthews.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Geez. Arizona management is on record saying they won't move Ekman-Larsson for Matthews.

Are we actually debating Arizona adding the 7th overall pick? Get real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad