GDT: Jets @ Draft Lottery • Sat Apr 30, 7PM [Jets win 2nd overall!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KurtG8

Apr 4, 2015
lol ZERO POINT ZERO chance Chevy trades Matthews if he falls to us, for ANY Defenseman in the league. Would Edmonton Trade McDavid last year? NOBODY trades a Franchise 1C because, Everyone who has one, isnt parting with them.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I heard an interesting perspective on XM radio this morning. The view was that the Maple Leafs are now forced to draft Matthews even if they had Laine rated number 1 and he's the guy they really wanted. The idea was that if they wanted Laine they would have been better off picking second. Then they could tell their fanbase that Matthews is gone and Laine is a fabulous player yada yada yada. Now with the first pick if they draft Matthews they are covered by the fact that he is the concensus pick and if it doesn't work out at least they did what they should. If they pick Laine now even if they rate him higher it opens them up to much second guessing and more of the Leafs can't do anything right sort of criticisms.

I agree. There is no way they pass on Matthews IMO

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Toronto Sports Network and TorontoSportsnet have basically forced the Leafs in to taking Matthews now. Even if they didn't want him. They have basically been forced in to it.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I heard an interesting perspective on XM radio this morning. The view was that the Maple Leafs are now forced to draft Matthews even if they had Laine rated number 1 and he's the guy they really wanted. The idea was that if they wanted Laine they would have been better off picking second. Then they could tell their fanbase that Matthews is gone and Laine is a fabulous player yada yada yada. Now with the first pick if they draft Matthews they are covered by the fact that he is the concensus pick and if it doesn't work out at least they did what they should. If they pick Laine now even if they rate him higher it opens them up to much second guessing and more of the Leafs can't do anything right sort of criticisms.

I agree. There is no way they pass on Matthews IMO

any GM that operates based on fan expectation should be put out to the curb with yesterday's trash.
that discussion is absolute pishposh.

the only reason the Leafs would draft Laine instead? if they think that they can get Stamkos for less than $10 mil/year and Laine would fit their team's skillset. they could trade with Wpg - probably get Wpg's other 1st round pick - and still come out smelling like roses.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
71,000 views to this thread! I've never seen this many peeps on a Winnipeg thread before. Well done. I hope Laine will take on Selanne's former number #13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad