Proposal: Jets Defence Mega Thread

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
If the Jets go for a dmen they are more likely to trade Vesalinan and a pick for one then they are to trade a core forward on a great contract. I don't see Ehlers as being available.

Agreed......NYI aren’t going to give up what they would need to get Ehlers. So both teams need to lower their expectations. PS: Doesn’t need to be NYI.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Fair statement, the same as were not giving top line wingers.
Right, but I said we aren't giving away defense for free.

Pulock isn't some kind of lowball offer for Ehlers, Pulock had the same amount of points last year playing defense. Jets fans can say they don't think the trade is worth it til the cows come home, that is fine. That doesn't mean that we are going to give away Mayfield or Leddy for scraps.

Reactions: 12Dog and mm11

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Pulock isn't some kind of lowball offer for Ehlers, Pulock had the same amount of points last year playing defense. Jets fans can say they don't think the trade is worth it til the cows come home, that is fine. That doesn't mean that we are going to give away Mayfield or Leddy for scraps.

I think if you polled all Jets fans they could/would accept Pulock/Ehlers trade. Trading for Mayfield/Leddy is far less desirable, this isn’t to say the Jets wouldn’t offer fair value (whether that’s picks/prospects/roster player) but anyone suggesting top line young winger on a good long contract is out of their mind.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
Doesn't Ehlers traditionally start out fast, but has trouble with consistency? Didn't look very good in the PO's last year. He certainly has the skills the Isles need, but I'm not sold on him being the best F in Winnipeg. Yet.

Pulock is very strong defensively, and hasn't really hit his stride, offensively. He's not as dynamic as Ehlers, but he is solid.

Both players have their warts, no doubt, but I think I keep Pulock, maybe try a small deal, like the Mayfield/Roslovic thing.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
I think if you polled all Jets fans they could/would accept Pulock/Ehlers trade. Trading for Mayfield/Leddy is far less desirable, this isn’t to say the Jets wouldn’t offer fair value (whether that’s picks/prospects/roster player) but anyone suggesting top line young winger on a good long contract is out of their mind.
I agree - Mayfield isn't worth Ehlers or any other top line winger, ditto Leddy.

TBH it sounds like we are on pretty much the same page, lol.

Reactions: Hunter368

jrs

Oct 11, 2017
This is the dumbest rumour ever, Ehlers is Turning into a monster and unless Lou is willing to give up everything then this isn’t happening

Dr Amazing204

Oct 5, 2017
alright if Nick is being traded then something good is coming back lol

Last edited:

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Jets fans don’t really want to sell Ehlers, Connor or Laine. Same for the Islanders with Pulock and Dobson.

Maybe something around Roslovic+ for Leddy or Mayfield. Seems more realistic for both clubs

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
I don’t think the Jets should be trading Ehlers but his name has been coming up in trades for nearly 6 months now.... where there’s smoke there is usually fire...

Reactions: BHD

Cygnusx1018

Jul 17, 2017
As a Jets fan, a trade of Ehlers brings back Pulock.

I really have no interest in trading Ehlers and I'm sure Islander fans have no interest in trading Pulock. So here we are.
Yeah. Pulock is our number 1. No way is he going away

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl

Pulock didn't even get PP 1 time last year

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I don't believe anyone here has mentioned it, but Pulock is a local guy who might be a nice fit and very willing to sign for 8 years next summer with WPG. Does that count for anything after the Trouba (etc.) situation?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I don’t think the Jets should be trading Ehlers but his name has been coming up in trades for nearly 6 months now.... where there’s smoke there is usually fire...
Just because Ehlers name is coming up in trade rumours on HFBoards doesn't mean jack s***. No smoke and no fire.

Reactions: FireChevy

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Just because Ehlers name is coming up in trade rumours on HFBoards doesn't mean jack s***. No smoke and no fire.
It has come up in many other places than just HFBoards
Just because you aren’t paying attention to it, doesn’t matter mean there is no smoke.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
It has come up in many other places than just HFBoards
Just because you aren’t paying attention to it, doesn’t matter mean there is no smoke.
I've been paying attention, I just think the rumour mongers like throwing around the names they think have the most traction to get clicks.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Ehlers came up exactly once in trade rumors this summer. The rumor was that the Jets tried to get Pesce for him. The deal didn't happen. It only came up again because Friedman is a hack and repeated the rumor 2 months later for seemingly no reason.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Isles could also be scouting Little trying to see if this guy has a chance to bounce back. Ho-Sang for Little and a 2nd? Would be salary dump for you guys and you can use the extra money to retool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad