Confirmed with Link: Jets claim Anthony Peluso off waivers from STL

Gryph

Apr 3, 2009
Winnipeg
Dregger is now reporting they picked up Anthony Peluso off waivers from St.Louis.

Anyone have any insight on this guy? Stats are very underwhelming, 6th round pick...looks to be a tough guy.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Dregger is now reporting they picked up Anthony Peluso off waivers from St.Louis.

Anyone have any insight on this guy? Stats are very underwhelming, 6th round pick...looks to be a tough guy.

Someone make a thread and I'll do what I can

<edit> nm... this guy doesn't even have any NHL experience... wtf is Chevy doing...

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Per caley from the Trade boards.

see this is worse than Jaffray as Peluso basically in my he and Thorburn are redundant... and even when I'm hard on Thorburn he's most likely way better than Peluso...

Thorburn
Year 1 AHL 58GP 6G 16A
Year 2 AHL 73GP 12G 17A
Year 3 AHL 77GP 23G 27A

Peluso
Year 1 AHL 22GP 1G 1A, ECHL 27GP 4G 7A, IHL 2GP 0G 1A
Year 2 AHL 62GP 5G 2A
Year 3 AHL 61GP 4G 5A

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
The difference to me is that Thorburn strikes me as a guy who at this point in his career is trying to establish himself as more than a fighter. He talks about showing more aspects of his game etc.

From the sounds of it Peluso is purely an enforcer. Not sure if that's what we need though.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
The difference to me is that Thorburn strikes me as a guy who at this point in his career is trying to establish himself as more than a fighter. He talks about showing more aspects of his game etc.

From the sounds of it Peluso is purely an enforcer. Not sure if that's what we need though.

Which is all the more reason I would rather have Thorburn as the 4th line RW than this guy.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Oh that very well could be right then. I just did a quick google search and saw RW on Wiki

Ok so it looks like he played on Defence in a few junior years but he's listed as RW on the Peoria site where he's currently playing.

He's probably a guy like McIntyre who plays both because he is equally bad at each and not on the ice to play hockey :)

This is probably accurate. Weird pickup considering the Blues can just take him back when he gets sent down again. (He is gonna get sent down again right??)

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Ok so it looks like he played on Defence in a few junior years but he's listed as RW on the Peoria site where he's currently playing.

This is probably accurate. Weird pickup considering the Blues can just take him back when he gets sent down again. (He is gonna get sent down again right??)

I just can't see the Jets wasting a roster spot on this guy.

Unless they believe he can actually contribute minutes? If so this is bad news for Thorburn.

Personally I hate players like this. I don't think they are a deterrent and they weaken your team. I like gritty guys who will fight but actually play the game. I was hoping Machacek would be that guy for us.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
If we needed warm bodies in case of injuries, surely we could have done better than this guy.

These are just some of the forwards who were waived in the last few days:

Patrick Maroon
Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblonde
Marc-Andre Cliche
Stefan Legein
Zach Hamill
Matt Clackson
Michael Haley
TJ Hensick
Brett Sonne

And yet we chose to claim ANTHONY PELUSO?

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
If we needed warm bodies in case of injuries, surely we could have done better than this guy.

These are just some of the players who were waived in the last few days:
Patrick Maroon
Ty Wishart
Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblonde
Marc-Andre Cliche
Stefan Legein
Zach Hamill
Matt Clackson
Michael Haley
TJ Hensick
Brett Sonne

And yet we chose to claim ANTHONY PELUSO?

I don't think the Peluso pick up is an injury fill in. Obviously someone (people) on the Jets believe that a fighter is needed on this team. I tend to disagree, think that this role is dinosauric and not needed.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I don't think the Peluso pick up is an injury fill in. Obviously someone (people) on the Jets believe that a fighter is needed on this team. I tend to disagree, think that this role is dinosauric and not needed.

exactly

Thorburn
Machacek
Stuart
Slater
Ladd
Kane
Jokinen!
can all hold there own in a fight (probably in reverse order of how often) and can play more than 6mins a game... eff

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan

Brian Burke, king of tenacity etc, put Colton Orr in the minors last season because he said the role was dead. This is really curious.

I guess the Jets want a true 4th line this year? Last season they kinda had a weird two 3rd lines or (two 4th lines maybe) kind of vibe.

devin1487

Dec 27, 2006
Winnipeg
My guess is they consider him an upgrade over Max who was skating on that line...a zero risk move... I trust their ability to find players

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad