Confirmed with Link: Jets/Buffalo Blockbuster! part II (Kane and Bogo)

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Any chance the evander kane and teemu selanne trades will even each other out?

we got totally hosed on the selanne trade and evander is no teemu.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Lol.

I hope Kane gets his life together. Not because of any personal affinity, but seeing someone teeter like he is is unfortunate.

Kane's downward spiral isn't pretty to watch, like you say lets hope he gets his life back on track with some help and/or intervention. Right now the guy is a pretty rotten human being!

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I am starting to think that guys like Thorburn and maybe even Buff really helped Kane while he was in Winnipeg. His problems have escalated tremendously in Buffalo in such a short time.

I hope he gets his life together. He is a talented guy.

enarwpg

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
So Kane now facing civil suit over his allegedl assault of the women in December in Buffalo:

http://www.dailypublic.com/articles/08012016/december-accuser-sues-evander-kane

So this allegation on top of the current pending charges and also accusations from his former playboy model girlfriend who recently posted he was a brutal abuser.

At the end of the day he has yet to be convicted of a crime in a court of law and with a good lawyer he can probably keep at bay on most of these allegations but........? 35 points last season in Buffalo in 65 games and getting paid $6 million. So he has this season and next under contract and then it's time for a new deal. What is the over under on him making it to the next deal vs being in jail at this rate? 5 separate women 3 different events claiming abuse.

Court of law still says he's innocent currently but public opinion seems to be less forgiving since individuals are not burdened with the same restrictions and are free to form their own opinion. The track suit issue did not seem to get any message across to Kane? The baggage on this guy is becoming overwhelming.

Two years left before EK9 is unemployed and looking for a new contract and as always with the career it's still his move?

A good lawyer will just keep the inevitable from happening sooner than later which, in my opinion, could be him injuring someone to the point where he will be incarcerated. [MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
A good lawyer will just keep the inevitable from happening sooner than later which, in my opinion, could be him injuring someone to the point where he will be incarcerated. [MOD]

All I know is I thought your avatar was a bug on my phone that I was trying to flick away :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
I am starting to think that guys like Thorburn and maybe even Buff really helped Kane while he was in Winnipeg. His problems have escalated tremendously in Buffalo in such a short time.

How could that be? Kane himself said Winnipeg was a "racist" city, and the Jets organization didn't have his back.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
How could that be? Kane himself said Winnipeg was a "racist" city, and the Jets organization didn't have his back.

While Winnipeg may not be a shining example of black and white brotherhood like a typical US city, I still wouldn't necessarily qualify it as "racist"... :sarcasm:

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary

I really don't know how he can claim that when his bud buff is one of the most loved players in winnipeg. As a black person from winnipeg myself, I can say his racist argument is completely unfounded and ridiculous.

Reactions: Jets 31 and GNP

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I really don't know how he can claim that when his bud buff is one of the most loved players in winnipeg. As a black person from winnipeg myself, I can say his racist argument is completely unfounded and ridiculous.

Especially with the Bombers honouring Milt Stegall tonight. One of the biggest heroes in Winnipeg's history is a black guy. We love Milt. The thing is, Milt loves us and has always had good things to say about Winnipeg. I'm proud Milt played for Winnipeg. The same can not be said for Kane.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Especially with the Bombers honouring Milt Stegall tonight. One of the biggest heroes in Winnipeg's history is a black guy. We love Milt. The thing is, Milt loves us and has always had good things to say about Winnipeg. I'm proud Milt played for Winnipeg. The same can not be said for Kane.

Everybody loves Big Buff as well. He runs the dressing room.

It is kinda of obvious that Buff was the one who did the shower gate on Kane to cool his Jets so to say.... ( Pun intended ). So Kane couldn't play the race card against Ladd or Wheeler.

Just glad he is gone and we got good value on his way out. It would have sucked if he was doing all this off ice crap dropping his trade value while still on the Jets.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

I think there is some validity to this argument and at the very least food for thought. Thorburn has been noted in the past as being a positive influence on Kane and trying to guide him. It goes to reason other vets were also patient with Kane until the point he crossed a line that went to far and Buff reacted. In Buffalo he may not have anyone caring what type of *** he makes of himself so left to his own devices it is all spiraling on him.

Coach

Dec 18, 2010
Not surprizing Kane has now played more NHL games without making the playoffs of any active player. I wouldn't want him (locker room cancer) but probably some sucker who will give a first round selection plus extra's to get him near the trade deadline. I was actually impressed with his start this season although has cooled down over the second quarter of the season. Doubt we will see that player again once he signs a new contract.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Kane is the type of guy that could help a team for a playoff run if they are all in. Rental is almost ideal for his toxic personality. What is more interesting is who is going to bend over for EK9’s next contract knowing what they all know now.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Kane was reportedly the Jet who tried hardest to help Setoguchi sober up when he was out of control. I don't want him back but when people boo when his face appears on the Jumbotron during the national anthem that's taking it too far.

Ok that is what happened.......I was wondering what the hell that was about?

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
it is time Winnipeg got over the whole Kane thing. starting to make us look bush imo.
I don't get all the hate. If we are to boo players who act poorly outside the rink we should have run Bobby Hull out of town I guess. I hope the guy does well to be honest. Just not against us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad