GDT: Jets @ Blues • Tue, Jan 31 • 7PM CT • TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Very unpredictable game. Two teams that have no idea what they are going to get out these two goalies. Jake Allen is basically goaltending at a Michael Hutcheson level this season and his worst work has been lately. We have a coach that is getting way to cute and overthinking things and starting Pavs. Either one of the goalies is capable of having a good game but they are both more likely to implode.

I do however enjoy watching our match ups with the Blues so here's hoping it's another in the installment of entertaining games.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Pavelec starting was the same reaction I had when I heard Roman Reign's music at #30 during the royal rumble.

NOT GOOD, filled with expletives.

Not as mad as when he started back to backs though.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Thank goodness, hockey is back. I was starting to get twitchy!

Ok so is Pavs confirmed? What the why?

1ip3dq.jpg

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I'm going out on a limb and predict Jets win 4-1 , the only problem will be Maurice riding Pavelec because he thinks Pavelec gives us the best chance to win .

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm going out on a limb and predict Jets win 4-1 , the only problem will be Maurice riding Pavelec because he thinks Pavelec gives us the best chance to win .

If Pav gives up only 1 goal then we can be certain he will start the next 2. :shakehead
If Pav gives up 4+ but wins then the next game it will be a coin toss. :laugh:

Apparently, right now Pav is the starter. Helle has to take the job away - by a wide margin because Pav is the starter.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Jets win 5 - 4

Pavs gives up 4 goals on 31 shots for an .871 save percentage, but its enough to solidify his position as starter as Flaherty continues to try to teach Hellebuyck the art of making spectacular saves.

Yep, that covers my view on it very nicely. Gets the win, but it's ugly.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
what's bad is Maurice's options and his options are not maurice's fault.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Loyalty to his vets to a fault. Yes in this case that = beyond bad

Yep, loyal to Stuart in the pressbox, Thorburn in the pressbox, Pavelec in the minors until recently. This "vet preference" thing is unsubstantiated.

I suspect Pavelec starting again has more than just "best chance to win" behind it.

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
As Copp goes so go the Jets!!!

Actually looking for a bounceback from Armia Mathias and B-A-L. Need them to help wear the Blues down

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
In the score fantasy update it basically said start any st. louis forwards because pavelec sucks lol. It was nice to read a news source saying the obvious.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yep, loyal to Stuart in the pressbox, Thorburn in the pressbox, Pavelec in the minors until recently. This "vet preference" thing is unsubstantiated.

I suspect Pavelec starting again has more than just "best chance to win" behind it.

So what is it you suspect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad