Post-Game Talk: Jets bagel VGK win 4-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Im not worried about age - Appleton was meh playing 8-10 mins a game and then last season he gets in a groove at 14-15 mins and scores

Harkins reminds me of Copp - he hustles and does whatever we ask him to - Ves is coasting out there and lost

I would give Harkins and Svech a real shot without a short leash that's all - same way that I would have given Copp a chance to show he could be a 2C instead of Eakins...
harkins is much closer to james wright then he is to copp/appleton

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
debrusk gets paid 4 million for the next two years, trade dillon and you get the money needed, why do you keep brining up bad bottom six players that all shouldn't be in the lineup? sanford has nearly tied harkins career points this season in half the games it took harkins

surixon posted this lineup:
Conner Dubois Svech
Stastny Scheifele Wheeler
Debrusk Perfetti Ehlers
Xxxx Lowry Appelton

mort posted that harkins should replace debrusk... that's where this conversation started, so Idk why you keep bringing up worse players then harkins when none of them were in the lineup posted anyways, people really need to start reading all the posts instead of just jumping in mid conversation
People always join the conversation in different places and have different opinions if that doesn't work for someone and annoys them, maybe they are in the wrong place.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Exactly, you need to put Cole with some skilled players (ideally one of them a pure finisher). Maybe you use Cole at 3C. Chevy did mention him as a center the other day.

If we circle back to DeBrusk:

Conner Dubois Svech
Stastny Scheifele Wheeler
Debrusk Perfetti Ehlers
Xxxx Lowey Appelton

Love to see something like this.

I wonder between Debrusk, Konecny, and Garland who would be the cheapest to acquire and/or best fit. I would take any of them, if everything was equal I think I'd prefer TK, CG, and then JDB.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Our bottom six is going to be pretty crowded next year.

Let’s assume our RFAs are back, and let’s look at the roster. If Stastny comes back and Wheeler/Scheifele aren’t traded, you might be looking at seven top 6 players:

Connor, Ehlers, Wheeler, Scheifele, Dubois, Perfetti, Stastny, Svechnikov.

Maybe Stastny doesn’t come back, or if he does, he goes to the bottom six. Svech hasn’t scored at top six rate yet either so maybe you don’t pencil him in there. Then, in the bottom six, you have:

Adam Lowry
Kristian Vesalainen
Jansen Harkins
David Gustafsson
Morgan Barron
Mason Appleton

Potentially Brooks/Toninato/Sanford are brought back, and/or some guys are signed in free agency. We don’t really have any other forward prospects ready to break in next year, maybe Reichel? Not sure he would get a full time role.

Even if Stastny doesn’t come back, you already have seven top six forwards and six bottom six forwards, the competition will be tough for a forward spot.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Our bottom six is going to be pretty crowded next year.

Let’s assume our RFAs are back, and let’s look at the roster. If Stastny comes back and Wheeler/Scheifele aren’t traded, you might be looking at seven top 6 players:

Connor, Ehlers, Wheeler, Scheifele, Dubois, Perfetti, Stastny, Svechnikov.

Maybe Stastny doesn’t come back, or if he does, he goes to the bottom six. Svech hasn’t scored at top six rate yet either so maybe you don’t pencil him in there. Then, in the bottom six, you have:

Adam Lowry
Kristian Vesalainen
Jansen Harkins
David Gustafsson
Morgan Barron
Mason Appleton

Potentially Brooks/Toninato/Sanford are brought back, and/or some guys are signed in free agency. We don’t really have any other forward prospects ready to break in next year, maybe Reichel? Not sure he would get a full time role.

Even if Stastny doesn’t come back, you already have seven top six forwards and six bottom six forwards, the competition will be tough for a forward spot.
One thing for Svech though is that his shooting percentage has been a lot higher in other years... if he ever gets that back, he's top six for sure - I think he fulfills a Copp-style role in the top six right now though

And Gus deserves a shot at C - maybe even 3C

I think we should be looking at Rashevsky in the bottom six next year... and forget about Ves

Reactions: snowkiddin

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
People always join the conversation in different places and have different opinions if that doesn't work for someone and annoys them, maybe they are in the wrong place.
who says you can't jump in mid conversation, it's about reading the conversation before you do so you don't bring up things that have nothing to do with the conversation

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
One thing for Svech though is that his shooting percentage has been a lot higher in other years... if he ever gets that back, he's top six for sure - I think he fulfills a Copp-style role in the top six right now though

I think we should be looking at Rashevsky in the bottom six next year... and forget about Ves
I wonder what's going to happen with Russian players in the NHL like Rash.

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
I wonder why no coaches ? Wheeler said beat it, i can do a better job. :laugh:
1648064313455.jpeg

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

Agreed, although I think Rash has another year in the KHL

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
harkins has 19 points in 118 and is 24 years old, he's had plenty of chances to prove he's a capable nhler and he hasn't, 1 good game in months doesn't change that

It isn't 1 good game. It is every game when he has been with decent linemates and getting decent minutes. You say he has had plenty of chances, and I agree. The thing is that you are counting every game playing 5 minutes with scrubs. I am counting the 10 or so games he has had with an actual decent chance.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
It isn't 1 good game. It is every game when he has been with decent linemates and getting decent minutes. You say he has had plenty of chances, and I agree. The thing is that you are counting every game playing 5 minutes with scrubs. I am counting the 10 or so games he has had with an actual decent chance.

he averaged 11:31 in his first 21 games this year and put up 3 points and other then vesa(who also shouldn't be in the lineup) he had pretty good linemates in lowry, copp, svech, ehlers

harkins is not a top6 player so if he needs to play there in order to get any sort of production out of him then we need to replace him, we desperately need bottom six scoring and he's had plenty of games playing with the players he would be playing with

Reactions: surixon

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Just not enough guys pulling their weight. No surprise they're fighting for their lives.

Wheeler's been improving as the season goes on at least.

Maybe when Lowry is back you do Stastny Lowry Appleton as a third line.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

Just not enough guys pulling their weight. No surprise they're fighting for their lives.

Would not be surprised if Wheeler is in the top-4 these last couple of months considering how low used to be on this graph.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

Surprised that GAR doesn't match Schmidt's eye test - will watch him game more closely now...

Dillon is not suited to our man coverage system and Samberg should be here instead of Stan

If Gus is healthy he deserves a shot over Toni...

GAR does match the eye test for lines though... even if we give Wheels the benefit of the doubt

Connor-PLD-Svech
Stas-Scheif-Ehlers
Sanford-Lowry-Wheeler
Harkins-Gus-Apples

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

he averaged 11:31 in his first 21 games this year and put up 3 points and other then vesa(who also shouldn't be in the lineup) he had pretty good linemates in lowry, copp, svech, ehlers

harkins is not a top6 player so if he needs to play there in order to get any sort of production out of him then we need to replace him, we desperately need bottom six scoring and he's had plenty of games playing with the players he would be playing with

I agree, he is not a top 6 player. But he can be a good player on a 3rd scoring line with reasonably skilled linemates. When he played with Lowry and Copp it was in their usual checking role. He did generate some chances, but got nothing for them.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
LOL Vegas! :laugh:

Vegas is currently way over the cap limit. The team was hoping to get some relief in that department by trading Evgenii Dadonov’s $5-million cap hit to Anaheim for a couple of injured players (which would have freed up even more space) in what amounted to a salary dump on Monday. There was only one problem: Dadonov has a no-trade clause and the Golden Knights seemingly forgot that the Ducks were one of the 10 teams on his no-trade list.

As of Wednesday, the 33-year-old winger was still on Vegas’ roster. More importantly, so was his cap hit, meaning the Golden Knights might have to find new and creative ways to clear roughly $15-million in order to activate forward Mark Stone and defenceman Alec Martinez from injured reserve.

The Golden Knights are currently without forwards Eichel, Stone, Max Pacioretty, Reilly Smith, defenceman Martinez and Brayden McNabb, as well as goalie Robin Lehner. That’s more than $44-million in salary sitting out. And unless the team finds a way to bury some of its salaries in the desert, it’s going to be difficult to get them back into the lineup.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
LOL Vegas! :laugh:

Vegas is currently way over the cap limit. The team was hoping to get some relief in that department by trading Evgenii Dadonov’s $5-million cap hit to Anaheim for a couple of injured players (which would have freed up even more space) in what amounted to a salary dump on Monday. There was only one problem: Dadonov has a no-trade clause and the Golden Knights seemingly forgot that the Ducks were one of the 10 teams on his no-trade list.

As of Wednesday, the 33-year-old winger was still on Vegas’ roster. More importantly, so was his cap hit, meaning the Golden Knights might have to find new and creative ways to clear roughly $15-million in order to activate forward Mark Stone and defenceman Alec Martinez from injured reserve.

The Golden Knights are currently without forwards Eichel, Stone, Max Pacioretty, Reilly Smith, defenceman Martinez and Brayden McNabb, as well as goalie Robin Lehner. That’s more than $44-million in salary sitting out. And unless the team finds a way to bury some of its salaries in the desert, it’s going to be difficult to get them back into the lineup.

Beautiful, cheaters never prosper. Feel for Dadonov a little though, apparently your team thinks so much of you they tried trading you for nothing. Hope this guts the dressing room as well as their season, cheating bastards .

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I agree, he is not a top 6 player. But he can be a good player on a 3rd scoring line with reasonably skilled linemates. When he played with Lowry and Copp it was in their usual checking role. He did generate some chances, but got nothing for them.
we've had copp, lowry, appleton, and tanev playing a similar checking role and all have put up far better numbers then harkins, yes we need a 3rd scoring line but how can we be so sure that harkins can provide that scoring? we cannot go into another season hoping for bottom six production we must find players that have proven it

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

Welll... if we circle all the way back to the lineup we are arguing about... DeBrusk was on the third line not the top six when it was suggested that Harkins replace him haha

Reactions: bennylundholm

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Welll... if we circle all the way back to the lineup we are arguing about... DeBrusk was on the third line not the top six when it was suggested that Harkins replace him haha
well... if you read the conversation you would see that the poster said he needed more skilled linemates and I pointed out he was mostly playing with our 3rd and the only way he would get more skilled linemates would be to play in our top6.."haha"

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
we've had copp, lowry, appleton, and tanev playing a similar checking role and all have put up far better numbers then harkins, yes we need a 3rd scoring line but how can we be so sure that harkins can provide that scoring? we cannot go into another season hoping for bottom six production we must find players that have proven it
Right now our 3rd line will be Sanford-Lowry-Apples for the season... Lowry seems to have found his 'scoring touch' again - so let's see what Sanford brings and maybe our debate is Harkins as a fourth line player next season

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
well... if you read the conversation you would see that the poster said he needed more skilled linemates and I pointed out he was mostly playing with our 3rd and the only way he would get more skilled linemates would be to play in our top6.."haha"
I mean we are beating the Harkins debate to death - but he did play better with Roslo and Apples as opposed to Toni and scraps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad