Jets At The World Hockey Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Laine has been playing less ice time than Matthews, has been playing on his wrong wing, and yet is outscoring him badly.

Points/60 mins now favors Laine by 7.1 to 3.4. The arguments in the Laine vs Matthews thread are getting more feeble by the day.

Kicking McDavid's butt, too. :)

Has Laine ever played on an NHL sized rink? Just wonder how that might affect his game. Close quarters, less open space.

JETthro

May 15, 2012

Has Laine ever played on an NHL sized rink? Just wonder how that might affect his game. Close quarters, less open space.

Could be wrong completely, but wouldn't weak skating be exposed even more on the large ice surface?

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO

Good question. Near as I can tell, all of his hockey (including international tourneys) has been played on Olympic-sized rinks.

I feel like that's not going to be a factor for Laine. It's not as though his style is dependent on dipsy-doodling and using the full width of the surface.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Good question. Near as I can tell, all of his hockey (including international tourneys) has been played on Olympic-sized rinks.

I feel like that's not going to be a factor for Laine. It's not as though his style is dependent on dipsy-doodling and using the full width of the surface.

It isn't as though his skating is that bad either. It is just the least of his strengths.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.

I thought Finland used hybrid rinks, in between olympic and NHL sized? I could definitely be wrong though.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Telegin-Burmi-Army

If he got another shot I'd like to see Telegin with Scheif only because they were linemates in Barrie - along with Pearson.

I was hoping Pearson would fall to us in the second round but LA wisely picked him up.

m.

sashalaine

Apr 2, 2016
Helsinki
I thought Finland used hybrid rinks, in between olympic and NHL sized? I could definitely be wrong though.
NHL: 26 m x 60 m
Sochi 2014: 30 m x 60 m
Finland: 28-30 m x 58-60 m (Yeah, it really is not standardized, smallest ones are 28x58, biggest ones 30x60)

Btw, today's game was Laine's 95th game of the season. He has missed a total of 14 games due to injuries.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad