Pre-Game Talk: Jets at Blues Sunday 6:30pm (central) pre game discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Connor has been much worse than Ehlers this season and playoffs, all things considered.

Ehlers went through concussion protocol last game so that affected his contribution.

Connor is a stud in regular season and scores all the time.

In the playoffs he has yet to show up.

Reactions: Jets 31

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Connor has been much worse than Ehlers this season and playoffs, all things considered.

Ehlers went through concussion protocol last game so that affected his contribution.
I'd take KC over Ehlers any/every day of the week...Ehlers appears to be regressing.

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016

That is our point of disagreement as I strongly believe this team has the talent to be far better than it has this past season and that inaction may not be a prudent response. I believe that keeping Maurice would be a serious mistake. You clearly support him and feel he is an effective and adaptive coach.
I certainly hope that I am wrong.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I'm going to go a different route.
Did anybody watch the other playoff games tonight?
I saw the same hits Scheifele got penalties for not called tonight. In fact the refs are calling a complete different game than the Jets games. The first round is always a hard hitting series the refs letting them play EXCEPT the Jets series no hits allowed ... so much BS.
Why because the Blues are not a hard hitting team?
Jets only 4 PPs in 2 games ... hell Sharks had 8 PPs in one game.
Jets have had the least PPs of the 16 teams in the playoffs. ... 16 games played 16 times teams not named the Jets had 4 or more PPs in ONE game.
Also the home team has had more PPs than the visitors in 9 of the 14.
In one goal games special teams are very important so why are the Jets gets screwed?
I noticed Wheeler mentioned that the first game they only got one PP and why do the Blues have almost TWICE as many PPs as the Jets?

Last edited:

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
ehlers and connors arent strong enough to handle playoff hockey.... hayes....not sure about him but if he doesnt turn it around soon it will be a complete waste of a first round draft pick. Stastny had a much bigger impact last season and since the jets made the conference finals it was also a much higher pick.

I don’t buy that. Look at Johnny Hockey...

Whodey204

Oct 2, 2017
Yes, we should get rid of the 1 player on this team which can actually carry a puck into the offensive zone, or out of his own. We need more dump and chase!!!

Ehlers and Connor are both young, and both good players. Have to keep both.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I take it that most of the Jets fans have been thread banned from the main St Louis vs Winnipeg Jets thread on the Stanley Cup Forum.

It is only St Louis Blues fans allowed to post. :laugh:

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I take it that most of the Jets fans have been thread banned from the main St Louis vs Winnipeg Jets thread on the Stanley Cup Forum.

It is only St Louis Blues fans allowed to post. :laugh:
That sounds about right.
Jets are not allowed to hit the Blues in the playoffs.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Is there available high danger chances per period for each game of the series even strength, and pp/pk?

What about zone entries? Carrying vs dump and chase?

Reactions: Duke749

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Must win tomorrow , hope we come out with everything we got , no reason to conserve energy . Must play fast and hard all game , not 55 minutes , 60 minutes . Please win tomorrow Jets . :bow:

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
St Louis are playing a structured defensive game and they attack once the Jets fail to break through the neutral zone and make bad passes coughing it up.

After watching St Louis play they are not that impressive and I feel that Dallas or Nashville can take them out.
They are barely beating us even with their hot goalie.

Maurice does not have an answer for a strong fore check with trapping so he resorts to a dump and chase game.

The bolded is how you beat a trap, with a structured game through the middle, hard back pressure and tight gaps. If you cannot force plays in the neutral zone, especially at your blue line, create turnovers and transition quickly, any team is in for a long night against a 1-2-2.

I don't think it's that he doesn't have an answer, a lot of it is they just aren't doing what they need to be doing to prevent it. The Jets D zone coverage schemes create issues in transition for themselves, especially against that forecheck, but the bigger problems against the system the Blues are employing start before it gets to that imo.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Ehlers ice time are low even before the hit and previous game.

Lets go Jets.

I expect a monster game from
Laine
Scheifele
Buff

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Yes, Connor Hellebuyck had a bad game.
However, the team hasn’t picked it up enough to compensate for a less than average start from the goaltender.
I’m far more concerned about the team in front of Hellebuyck than I am about him.

I’m concerned about lack of discipline.
We are lucky the Blues haven’t capitalized but do we want to keep taking dumb penalties?
I thought Helle was good game 1 and brutal game 2
Laine has been really good and the team in general looks disjointed still.
I’d be extremely happy and yet shocked if we win one game.
I have no idea what’s up but it’s not going to get fixed this season.
Still a fan but expectations are low.
GJG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad