Pre-Game Talk: Jets at Blues Sunday 6:30pm (central) pre game discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
MUST WIN!

So many questions:

How will they look as a team energy wise on the ice?
Does PoMo start Hellboy again?
Does he make any further lineup changes?
Does he get his suite thrown in the shower by big Buff?

All kidding aside I love to get many of your thoughts and predictions on how the Jets will look heading into Sunday evenings tilt for game three?

We aren’t out of it and this is supposed to be fun. Enjoy it!

GJG

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Are the Jets still in this??

ohforsuregordtext75.gif

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
How about Ehlers stepping up? No blame on his shoulders what so ever but 0 goals in 17 playoff games, making 6 million, quite honestly a huge disappointment.
Yeah he's got the monkey on his back again .

I'm really impressed by Laine this series .He's giving it his all, and the same cannot be said for the rest of this team .

Tanev should be good for a goal next game.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country

I'm really impressed by Laine this series .He's giving it his all, and the same cannot be said for the rest of this team .

LOL I think it’s fair to say we need a goal from Tanev!

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016

Laine just remembered his contract is up.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
If this team flames out in 4 straight does coach get canned??

Nope. Maurice will be our coach starting next season. Not sure he will be finishing it, but he will be starting it.

There is no coach in the NHL better at talking a good game and telling his bosses exactly what they want to hear. How else would the coach with the most losses in NHL history keep employed.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
I'm looking for a strong performance from Jon Snow and the rest of Thee Northerners tomorrow night.

Oops, wrong channel.

But seriously though, just win.

Hayes please show up, that 1st rounder isn't cheap.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Ehlers has been pretty bad. His icetime was low last game though. But all he has even shown is he is useless in tight checking big games. I am leaning towards dealing him. I want one of him and Connor gone regardless to bring in a D. Connor has def had the benefit of playing with 55/26 back when those 2 were better 5v5 and not to mention 1st PP unit. But he at least showed up in last years playoffs....

Anyways, obviously a must win. I don't think much needs to be said. Either 2-1 or 3-0. I am just going to watch a little more relaxed now because I think my crushing moment was end of last game. 2-1 and we can at least get excited for game 4

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Jets media availability:

Players: Bryan Little & Andrew Copp.

Coach Maurice scrum topics: What would he call his team's predicament? Comparing games one to two. Blocking shots. Is there a higher price to play physically or does he like where his team is compete wise? Do they need more casual shots on net? Did he feel the game tightened up 5 on 5? On the high-danger chances. Being down 0-2, what is the coaching mindset going into game three? Is Mathieu Perreault an option for game three? Hellebuyck. Jets getting into penalty troubles. Any line changes coming?

To listen click here.

Reactions: PhilJets

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
I'm on the record somewhere saying IF there is a switch, it would take until game 3 to flip.

I don't think there is one anymore, but you never know.

Reactions: TheGovernment

folix

Jul 24, 2011
How about Ehlers stepping up? No blame on his shoulders what so ever but 0 goals in 17 playoff games, making 6 million, quite honestly a huge disappointment.

kinda hard when the coach gives you 11mins of ice time.

Reactions: Mbraunm

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I think the Jets have been more good than bad this series

They are playing the hottest team in the NHL in 2019.

They need to finish their chances and Hellebuyck has to play like game 1 Hellebuyck not game 2 Hellebuyck.

I still have faith, but I wouldn't bet any money on it :)

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Let's give the Blues and their coaching staff some credit ... they have a game plan and it's working.
Sadly the Jets don't have an answer for it even though they have the better talent means Maurice and his staff are being out coached. If the players are not following the coaches game plan ... it's still the coach's fault.
Or it could be just not your year. I don't know how many times a saw passes or loose pucks in the Jet player's skates while the Blues passes or loose pucks were on Blues sticks. The Blues are playing for each other and the Jets seem like they are not.
If the Jets win these 2 games in St. Louis ... it's time to cancel the whiteout.:D

TheGovernment

Jan 13, 2012
Lets be real here, we have a awful loosing streak, Helle has been inconsistent, the team seems incapable of getting the puck out of their own end, I mean there was 10 or 15 times last game where it was an easy play to get it out, instead, some cutesy pass that gets picked off, then the blues are all over us for anohter full minute or 2.... its absolutely ridiculous to watch them do it over and over.

I want to win but theres just no way were are gonna win 4 out of 5 games with how things have been for the last few months. We cant even win 1 game, let alone 4...
Both games were ours to win and we blew it both times... I just dont have any faith in these guys this year. Just feels like the team went to shit for whatever reason.
Lemieux would be a welcome addition in these types of games. Lowry took it up a big notch last night but we have lost our toughness. Hayes is a great player but right now, hes just a big wet noodle.

Reactions: Robinson2187

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Fair enough but he also has not shown diddley squat in the time is been on the ice.

Well the two go hand in hand. If you dont play you cant be valuable. If your played with line mates who dont suit you dont show what you can do. Elhers was always at his best on the top line. In fact when he was there it actually brought out the best in Wheelers and Shief as well.

objectiveposter

Jan 29, 2011
Jets need 4 wins in 5 games. They have done that during the regular season
Binningtons record is now 26-5 this season. The odds of beating him 4 out of 5 games is very low. Game 2 was almost a must win game and Helle cost the Jets the game.

Helle is an average goalie who had 1 good season in a contract year. He is also a system goalie that relies on the team playing very well in front of him. He is not the type of goalie that is going to steal many games. With the amount of parity in the league you need a goalie that can "play out of his mind" for stretches in the playoffs. Helle is not that guy. Brossoit has that potential and showed it early in the season but the jets refused to give him a proper chance to prove himself.

Brossoit is going to leave this offseason and we are stuck with mediocre Helle for the next 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna