Pre-Game Talk: Jets at Blues Sunday 6:30pm (central) pre game discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I think Ehlers and Connor should switch. Connor Hayes Perrault is a better line. They have nothing to lose by changing things up.
Of course I also want Niku in for Kulikov. Perrault in for Roslo if it means more balanced toi. Better Connor Hayes Laine little Perrault Copp.

Reactions: JetsFan815

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
I take it that most of the Jets fans have been thread banned from the main St Louis vs Winnipeg Jets thread on the Stanley Cup Forum.

It is only St Louis Blues fans allowed to post. :laugh:
Only a warning so far but plan to try to improve on that. :nod:

If I get banned over there do I lose ability to post on all forums?

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I’m concerned about lack of discipline.
We are lucky the Blues haven’t capitalized but do we want to keep taking dumb penalties?

GJG
Have you watched any of the other playoff games?
OMG I saw numerous hits like Scheifele's penalties ... they were NO calls.
The Jets / Blues series has the least amount of hitting from the games I have watched and that's because the refs are not letting the Jets play that game like the other series which is BS.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Ehlers 17 playoff games = 0 goals

Hayes 2 playoff games = 0 shots on goal

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Is there available high danger chances per period for each game of the series even strength, and pp/pk?

Yes Games - Natural Stat Trick. You can click on an individual game and it will have a breakdown by period and option to see PP/PK level St Louis Blues @ Winnipeg Jets, 2019-04-12

What about zone entries? Carrying vs dump and chase?

This guy tracks it manually Corey Sznajder (@ShutdownLine) | Twitter but I he hasn't tracked any Jets playoff games. He tracked over a dozen regular season Jets games and when I last checked the numbers on zone entries, carrying vs dump/chase were similar to last season.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Yes they’ve elevated their play, as have the 15 other teams in the playoffs. Welcome to postseason hockey.

The performance and outcome isn’t markedly different than what we saw down the stretch, and that’s the problem.

We’re playing coin flip games against the hottest team in the Western Conference but we are getting sub .900 goaltending from Hellebuyck.

The skaters overall are doing enough to win. Our goaltending is not.

Reactions: Gotaf7 and GNP

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
You sure have to refer to a lot of unproven rhetoric to get to your point. Say whatever you want to say to justify it in your head, but if you’re not even going to address anything I’ve said then this is not worth my time.

Jets are getting the same results they were these previous two games as they were going into the playoffs. RESULTS.

You are the one using shot metrics to say that the Jets are playing the same as they have in the regular season.

Conceptually, that’s just silly and you completely neglect the level of competition in those shot metrics anyway. They’re not supposed to be used on a game level anyway to assess player performance like the way you do in every post game thread.

That’s fine to discontinue this conversation. It is pointless.

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
I take it that most of the Jets fans have been thread banned from the main St Louis vs Winnipeg Jets thread on the Stanley Cup Forum.

It is only St Louis Blues fans allowed to post. :laugh:

It seems to me that Jets fans have the hottest of hot takes so it doesn’t suprise me.:laugh:

cdem72

Oct 27, 2017
Trying to look at some line combos but am really hampered by the lack of line combinations the Jets employed this year. Stapling Scheifele-Wheeler, Little-Laine, and Lowry-Tanev together has finally shown it's warts now that Maurice believes the lines aren't good enough - which we've known since early on. Anyways, 5v5, score and venue adjusted for the 2018-19 season, fun with WOWYs which I don't like much to begin with but oh well...

yhef7wY.png

In blue = probably good things. In orange = probably bad things.

It's probably time to shift Connor down to play with Hayes. A majority of that time has been with Ehlers (not pictured: 107 minutes all three together, 44 minutes Hayes+Connor-Ehlers), but they still performed somewhat successfully (essentially 50% for both CF% and xGF%). Laine needs to stay away from Hayes in general though, even though he was probably brought in with the idea of centering the Finn. Thus, it's probably one of Roslovic or Perreault taking that spot for a Connor-Hayes-Perreault/Roslovic line. Similarily, Ehlers along with Scheifele and Wheeler, are at their best when together, even though it's still not an 'elite' first line. Copp-Little-Laine are rolling together right now, especially in terms of xGF%, but they're not generating as much offense as I'd like - but I don't think you can break that up at the moment. In other words, lineup probably looks like this:

Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler
Copp-Little-Laine
Connor-Hayes-Perreault/Roslovic
Lindholm/Hendricks-Lowry-Tanev

In terms of defense, that too is essentially an unknown, but more due to injury. Kulikov is likely coming out, but one of these options might be nice:

Option 1Option 2Option 3
Morrissey-Trouba
Chiarot-Byfuglien
Beaulieu-Myers
Morrissey-Byfuglien
Beaulieu-Trouba
Chiarot-Myers
Morrissey-Trouba
Niku/Chiarot-Byfuglien
Beaulieu/Chiarot-Myers
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Up to Maurice to decide if he needs to make a change to two pairings or just one, but they need to get a puck-mover back into the lineup and Myers is pretty pathetic in front of his own net on defence IMO, so perhaps we see Chiarot drop down to him for more Mark Stuart-esque hits there, which I don't know if it will do more harm than good.

Just by looking at all the red on that chart, I thinkt he message is we aren't that good in any combination.

Reactions: Board Bard
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad