Confirmed with Link: Jets agree to terms with Albert, Cormier & O’Dell

jamiebez

Apr 5, 2005
Ottawa
Even if Ehlers and De Leo sign, they won't count until they turn pro. Not sure what you are getting at with the NCAA kids, every team has those, it doesn't keep them from signing or taking chances on players.

Ah, I didn't know the CHL guys didn't count under the 50. Lodge and Kostalek will though, since they are older than 19 now. As for the NCAA guys, I just meant they literally CAN'T sign or they lose their NCAA eligibility.

Looking at capgeek, we have 38 contracts as of now - Morrissey and Comrie don't count as they are only 19, but everyone else listed as a "non-roster player" does. Frolik, Lodge and Kostalek get us to 41, and they will still need a body or two for the farm. I imagine this settles in around 43-44. That's not bad.

Contracts represent real money going out the door, even if only a little. Maybe it's a budget issue, too? :dunno:

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Ah, I didn't know the CHL guys didn't count under the 50. Lodge and Kostalek will though, since they are older than 19 now. As for the NCAA guys, I just meant they literally CAN'T sign or they lose their NCAA eligibility.

Looking at capgeek, we have 38 contracts as of now - Morrissey and Comrie don't count as they are only 19, but everyone else listed as a "non-roster player" does. Frolik, Lodge and Kostalek get us to 41, and they will still need a body or two for the farm. I imagine this settles in around 43-44. That's not bad.

Contracts represent real money going out the door, even if only a little. Maybe it's a budget issue, too? :dunno:

Lodge and Kostalek will not count against cap number this year unless they make Jets. Any player where their contracts slide does not count.

jamiebez

Apr 5, 2005
Ottawa
Lodge and Kostalek will not count against cap number this year unless they make Jets. Any player where their contracts slide does not count.

Ah, good catch. Both those guys are still 19 - I thought they were drafted a year prior, but they are the same draft year as Comrie and Morrissey. Apparently I'm bad at this...

Signing Frolik gets us to 39 contracts, with literally no one else on the horizon remaining unsigned that would count toward the 50 contract limit.

Something else has to happen, even if its nothing more than a couple AHL depth guys.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Aaaand here's a St. John's beat writer talking about the exact same thing:

http://www.thetelegram.com/Sports/H...e-reset-button-on-the-IceCaps’-roster/1

He's speculating the Ice Caps need about another 5 forwards, 2 D and a goalie (not much love for Oklinoura)

Were in desperate need for calibre players. Personally I don't wanna see Blair Riley or Austin Brassard playing significant minutes. Also, Oklinoura is plain bad. Tyler Besko deserves his spot 10/10 times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad