Post-Game Talk: Jets 6 - Mild 3

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada

Jets defense which had been the envy of the league is now showing signs of falling apart. Look at that xGA/60 line... which has been much better than league average now inching close to league average (and has been much worse than league average lately considering this is a 15 game rolling average).

With the bad decisions and stubbornness Bowness has shown since the ASB my expectations for this team have been greatly lowered.

The first one looks like a crocodile and the second one looks like a venus fly trap ........:laugh:

Reactions: Stumbledore

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Jets defense which had been the envy of the league is now showing signs of falling apart. Look at that xGA/60 line... which has been much better than league average now inching close to league average (and has been much worse than league average lately considering this is a 15 game rolling average).

With the bad decisions and stubbornness Bowness has shown since the ASB my expectations for this team have been greatly lowered.
1708624893697.png

Connor injured Game 26 (A); returns Game 43 (B). Scheifele injured game 41 (C); returns game 48 (D).

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Not being just a +1 in goals ahead of only Stanley, Gustafsson and Kupari would be a good start. Being atleast middle of the pack in even strength plus-minus would go a long way instead of being ahead of the only 3 guys who are routine healthy scratches. Let's start off with a decent plus-minus then we'll talk about PPG.
Connor has 14 power play points. How many do gus and kupari have?

What's with your hard on with even strength points?

Reactions: Adam da bomb

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Connor has 14 power play points. How many do gus and kupari have?

What's with your hard on with even strength points?

Fantastic! Continue to play him on the top PP, heck double shift him on the PP for all I care.

But at ES where his net impact is on the same level as Gus/Kupari or even worse, play him in a role that he is capable of handling and thriving in and stop wasting prime minutes on Scheifele's wing on someone barely breaking even and buried in chances.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Over the past ten games the Jets are 12th in the NHL by xG% at 5v5. Ahead of the Bruins, Lightning, Leafs, Avalanche, Rangers, and Golden Knights. Should all these teams be in crisis?

And yet every one of those teams you list, who are behind the Jets in xG% at 5v5 has a better record in the last 10 games than the Jets do. Hmmm

Reactions: hn777

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Fantastic! Continue to play him on the top PP, heck double shift him on the PP for all I care.

But at ES where his net impact is on the same level as Gus/Kupari or even worse, play him in a role that he is capable of handling and thriving in and stop wasting prime minutes on Scheifele's wing on someone barely breaking even and buried in chances.
You should apply for a job as NHL GM since you seem to have figured the way to win a cup. Once you secure your job, I'm sure it will be easy to go out and get the first line talent needed to win all their matchups. Seems easy enough, especially if you are working in the most difficult market to attract talent to

As I've pointed out to you repeated times, chevy has built the kind of depth that can win. Look at it this way...

Each game has 3 matchups: even strength, special teams and goaltending. IF your team can win 2 of those 3, you're likely winning the game

The reason the Jets were on a heater was because they were winning 5v5 and goaltending. When the 5v5 went cold, they dipped. Now, 5v5 is still cold but they're winning the special teams and goaltending matchups

In other words, don't be so sure that there only way to win a cup is with a dominant 1st line 5v5. In fact, look at the Oilers when they had mcdrai owning other teams 5v5 and on the PP... but they didn't have the goaltender to win games if the PP faltered.

Your assumption that you need to dominate every shift 5v5 is where all the rest of your questionable takes start

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Might have something to do with the Jets 5v5 shooting percentage of 5.39%, second last in the league during that time.

Yes. Sh% may be partly just luck, or variance. But it is also a reflection of play. Shooting when they should pass and passing when they should shoot, for example. So sh% is a reflection of the quality of play. Play better and the sh% goes up.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
If you noticed team defence around the league is slipping not only the Jets .. seriously when was the last time you saw a 10-7 score with a top team giving up 10 goals. Yesterday another 2 top teams played a 6-5 game Matthews is teeing off … the scoring is up right now. I’m it will change once the playoffs start.
No need to panic unless there’s major injuries.
Climbing the mountain to Lord Stanley is a process.
IMG_3096.jpeg

Reactions: thereturn

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Yes. Sh% may be partly just luck, or variance. But it is also a reflection of play. Shooting when they should pass and passing when they should shoot, for example. So sh% is a reflection of the quality of play. Play better and the sh% goes up.
well I guess we are playing great these past 3 games since were averaging 4.3 goals per game, we shouldn't see any complaining by that logic...

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Over the past ten games the Jets are 12th in the NHL by xG% at 5v5. Ahead of the Bruins, Lightning, Leafs, Avalanche, Rangers, and Golden Knights. Should all these teams be in crisis?
All those teams, except maybe the Lightning and Avs, would beat the Jets in 7 games.

Reactions: hn777

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Based on the reality of where we are and deployment of players going on years now.... I think a winning lineup is this

CSV - coaches/players want this so we go with it
Nino-Names-Ehlers - these guys had chemistry and defensive awareness
Perfetti-Monahan-Iafallo - this is 2a/2b situation - depending on which line is clicking
Barron-Lowry-Apples - stop wasting Nino on our checking line, Barron provides the speed this line is missing

Murat has a great point - we have two 'scoring lines' that are not playing D - on a team where D is first...

Team has no chemistry right now... and Bones needs to get back to rolling four lines...

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Based on the reality of where we are and deployment of players going on years now.... I think a winning lineup is this

CSV - coaches/players want this so we go with it
Nino-Names-Ehlers - these guys had chemistry and defensive awareness
Perfetti-Monahan-Iafallo - this is 2a/2b situation - depending on which line is clicking
Barron-Lowry-Apples - stop wasting Nino on our checking line, Barron provides the speed this line is missing

Murat has a great point - we have two 'scoring lines' that are not playing D - on a team where D is first...

Team has no chemistry right now... and Bones needs to get back to rolling four lines...
I'd switch Barron and Perfetti. Ehlers gets a pass because of the contract. Then why is Schmidt benched?

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I'd switch Barron and Perfetti. Ehlers gets a pass because of the contract. Then why is Schmidt benched?
Because Schmidt sucks and the team is in love with Stanley - they have chosen to double down on him even thought Chisholm looks a lot more like the Dman we needed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad