Post-Game Talk: Jets 6 - CBJ 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
My reason for Stan Is he willing to drop the glove even if he can’t fight. I rather Stanley be toss out of the game with Rempel than Lowery or Dillion
Who doesn’t want to see two trees go at it at a fight? Timberrr

Reactions: Hobble

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Monkeypuck claims that several teams have secured a playoff spot, according to this:

NHL Playoff Odds -MoneyPuck 2024 Playoff & Cup Odds

Yes, their simulators will predict that and I'd say the Jets are 99.9% in the playoffs....BUT... they could still go on a stinker 10 game losing streak and get passed by teams that are still mathematically capable of clinching a spot. You don't clinch until the team(s) in 9th place can't get more possible points than you. For example, St. Louis could still finish with 103 points (if they won all their remaing games), so as of today 91 points doesn't clinch anything. No team has clinched yet.

It's very, very unlikely we will fall like that but it's still possible. Jets PTSD, remember? 😂

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

AnonoJet

Jul 22, 2013
Listening to the Columbus feed wow ... nothing by praise from them.
They were saying the Jets are the best team that they have seen this year. They are fast ... they are big ... they are skilled and they loaded up for the playoffs.
This is why I don't understand why the negative comments on here if the Jets have an off night or the other team is having a great night.
I can show you EVERY single top team has had bad games even the Stanley winners have had bad games in the playoffs. Heck remember last year's champs ... they got hosed their first playoff game 5-1.
I’m one of those voices. Losing games is one things when the team actually competes to its potential and loses. It’s completely different when they barely even show up. And come across as disinterested. Which is exactly how they’ve looked against Dallas, Vancouver, and Nashville. And when they folded after the first game against Vegas last year. To me, it’s a pattern.

These guys oscillate frequently between looking like world beaters and disinterested mental weaklings. Which is concerning given the opposition quality come playoff time. Which version will show up?

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I’m one of those voices. Losing games is one things when the team actually competes to its potential and loses. It’s completely different when they barely even show up. And come across as disinterested. Which is exactly how they’ve looked against Dallas, Vancouver, and Nashville. And when they folded after the first game against Vegas last year. To me, it’s a pattern.

These guys oscillate frequently between looking like world beaters and disinterested mental weaklings. Which is concerning given the opposition quality come playoff time. Which version will show up?
Tbf that seems like way less of a problem this year. Which is unsurprising w/ the malcontents in Wheeler and PLD gone.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Liquor then beer, coast is clear
Beer then liquor, never sicker

Or

Whisky then beer, coast is clear
Beer then whisky, that's risky

#wisdom

Although I've found ways to absolutely wreck myself regardless of the order in which it was consumed. Volume has always been a more important variable

Reactions: ps241

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Alcohol gives you the hangover, not the mix.
It's actually the compounds that are formed during the fermentation process, mostly methanol

The only real life value i received as a Chem major is the knowledge to build a moonshine still that separated the compounds as they boil off via fractional distillation. The result is that I make moonshine that is is hangover-proof

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Liquor then beer, coast is clear
Beer then liquor, never sicker

Or

Whisky then beer, coast is clear
Beer then whisky, that's risky

#wisdom

Although I've found ways to absolutely wreck myself regardless of the order in which it was consumed. Volume has always been a more important variable
Acid then shrooms, oh look its noon
Shrooms then acid... no not the spiders.. not the spiders!!!!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Stanley cup or bust for me this year but I also realize how difficult that will be and I won't be demanding the head of our management or coach if we get bounced in the 1st either

Realistically Jets are most likely playing either Dallas or Colorado in the first round and we would bve 50-50 at best to win in either of those series. Of course I want the Jets to win but our division will be very tough to get out of. We would play very well and get beat by either of those teams. They upside is beating either of those teams would be a hell of a series win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad