Post-Game Talk: Jets 5 - Bruins 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I watched the Bruins feed last night and they were very unbiased. Same thing with the Detroit feed the other day.
Calling what they saw.
ummm bruins w/ Jack Edwards? really?

Detroit back in the day Mickey Redmond and Ken Daniels back in the day i found pretty unbiased though.

Wedgeden

Mar 31, 2012
What a Game that was! In all my years watching hockey, I've found it very very rare to watch a team that can not only burn you in the offensive zone with elite playmaking, a very fast cycle and and a heavy forecheck, but then come down into their own zone and stifle the opposing team to such an extent they they hardly get any chance to score. Combine all that with one of the best goalies in the league and not to mention three, THREE guys that are good at standing in front of the other team's goal (Nino, Lowry and Vilardi). These are some great games we're watching right now. Let's see how far it goes!

rymr66

Jun 6, 2011
winnipeg
The Lowry line is being used the same way its been used since 17-18 as a hard matchup line. The second line has also been used the same as it had been since then as a line that is expected to outscore softer matchups. No real change in thinking here. Nino has just helped the Lowry line score more then it traditionally has.
Iafallo is very good defensively, but not good enough offensively to help Perfetti. I think he could play on a line with Lowry and Appleton and that line would still be an effective checking line. The three played together at the beginning of the season, and even though it was a small sample size, they were effective, and they produced offense as well. I think Nino could really help get Perfetti going, giving this team another effective scoring line that could consistently provide this team with goals.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Teppo Numenor

Mar 14, 2016
Jets getting way to much national attention for my liking :laugh:. Would rather fly under the radar than these dumb TV analysts start dissecting everything Jets. But comes with the territory of being a great team.

Think again. You can barely go through a gdt without surixon complaining about perfetti. Also I'm sure his agent was putting pressure on the Jets early on in the year to get him more TOI
The agent takes the place of the angry hockey parent yelling at the coach to play their kid more

AtomicJets

Dec 20, 2014
Iafallo isn't a top six player. He was well-liked in LA because he came in as an undrafted guy and played a solid defensive game. But when they signed him to the 4M contract, it was pretty universally recognized as an overpay and always in the conversation as to where they could shed some salary and gain some cap space back.

He's also not a right shot and they've played him almost exclusively at RW. He's the kind of guy who would thrive with Lowry and Nino in a 3rd line role. I'd personally put him at LW and move Nino to the right side because he's better at playing that spot. I like Appleton, I love the way that line has played this season, but I think Iafallo-Lowry-Nino could be such an incredible line. They would be a nightmare to play against. Playoffs written all over them.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Iafallo is a perfect plug and play on any line to have a good defensive forward on it. Chevy may add a good second line player at the deadline and then you could put him with Lowry and Neo but he may be perfect on a line with Perfetti and Connor when Connor comes back as well. All sorts of good options when you have depth like we finally have now.:nod:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Playing with Scheifele and KFC sure perked up Iafallo's point totals, ideally a bottom 6 player who has value if they feel they need to move him next year.
Yeah I think people expect a wee bit too much from AI.

That first bit where he was producing on the first line didn't help.

Iafallo was likely a throw in for LA to allow them to sign pld to that putrid contract.

Alex might be slightly overpaid, but I have this feeling he's going to have a very positive impact on our playoff performance.

I'm glad he's a Jet - despite his offensive struggles he busts his ass, plays the system well, and is almost always on the right side of the puck.

Iafallo isn't a top six player. He was well-liked in LA because he came in as an undrafted guy and played a solid defensive game. But when they signed him to the 4M contract, it was pretty universally recognized as an overpay and always in the conversation as to where they could shed some salary and gain some cap space back.

He's also not a right shot and they've played him almost exclusively at RW. He's the kind of guy who would thrive with Lowry and Nino in a 3rd line role. I'd personally put him at LW and move Nino to the right side because he's better at playing that spot. I like Appleton, I love the way that line has played this season, but I think Iafallo-Lowry-Nino could be such an incredible line. They would be a nightmare to play against. Playoffs written all over them.
That's exactly what I'd do as well.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
ummm bruins w/ Jack Edwards? really?

Detroit back in the day Mickey Redmond and Ken Daniels back in the day i found pretty unbiased though.

Jack Edwards talks so slow at this point that he's too busy trying to catch up to the play to be biased. The man does not sound well.
Wasn't Jack on the call they brought in Alex Faust to do the game giving homer Jack the series off. Faust did the Kings last year and I think does a good job, agreed on Mickey and Ken though Mickey does interrupt with oh's and ah's sporadically.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

Iafallo is a perfect plug and play on any line to have a good defensive forward on it. Chevy may add a good second line player at the deadline and then you could put him with Lowry and Neo but he may be perfect on a line with Perfetti and Connor when Connor comes back as well. All sorts of good options when you have depth like we finally have now.:nod:

Iafallo's situation in LA reminds me of Tanev's here. Undrafted primarily defensive forward that became a fan favourite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad