Post-Game Talk: Jets 4 - Bolts 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The NHL was also dead to me from 1996 to 2011. Except when a game was on TV when I was in a bar or someone else's house, I did not watch any games during that time, and there was no way in hell I was going to adopt another team. My life ended up a lot better with hockey during those years, as it gave me so much more free time for other, more interesting things.

I did put a curse on the NHL when the Jets left, which was really only a joke, of course, yet it's held now for almost 30 years. My curse was that no Canadian team would win the Stanley Cup until Winnipeg had an NHL team again, and then only after the Jets won a Cup. So far, it's worked, and I chuckle about it to this day.
In the early days of Facebook, around 2006-2008, there was an anti-Leafs/satire Facebook page called "I believe the Winnipeg Jets will win the Stanley Cup before the Toronto Maple Leafs do", something to that affect. It was extra funny because there was no Jets at the time. Now I'm waiting for the day it comes true and satire becomes reality. I feel it lines up nicely with your curse.

Jaytee

Feb 27, 2015
In the early days of Facebook, around 2006-2008, there was an anti-Leafs/satire Facebook page called "I believe the Winnipeg Jets will win the Stanley Cup before the Toronto Maple Leafs do", something to that affect. It was extra funny because there was no Jets at the time. Now I'm waiting for the day it comes true and satire becomes reality. I feel it lines up nicely with your curse.
That's funny, because one of the jokes I've made about my curse is that the Leafs are the only team exempt from the curse, because they screw up all on their own every year, and don't need a curse to be awful.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Pomo resigned in 2021. You think he should have been fired right after making the conference final in 2018?
More to your point: PoMo resigned on December 18, 2021 iirc. Three years earlier, on December 18, 2018 not only were we fresh off a conference final, we were tied for second in the league. We had just finished a November in which we set a franchise record for points in a month - a month in which Laine scored three hattricks (in three different countries, a feat that I doubt will ever be beaten) including a five goal game against the Blues.

I disagree that PoMo should have been relieved of his duties while at that particular juncture.

m.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Thanks. I am pretty quick.:naughty::laugh:
:laugh::laugh:

b84e649fce5390e6fdfd546e1be44b1d.gif

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I don't know how you managed to make them last so long. Mine are done after 10-15 years :laugh:

I bought 1 4pack a very long time ago that just won't wear out. I don't know what they are made of. :laugh:
Newer ones? Yeah, about 10-15 years. They just don't make em like they used to.

• Haha
Reactions: GeorgeJETson

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
More to your point: PoMo resigned on December 18, 2021 iirc. Three years earlier, on December 18, 2018 not only were we fresh off a conference final, we were tied for second in the league. We had just finished a November in which we set a franchise record for points in a month - a month in which Laine scored three hattricks (in three different countries, a feat that I doubt will ever be beaten) including a five goal game against the Blues.

I disagree that PoMo should have been relieved of his duties while at that particular juncture.

m.
He means after the season the Jets were knocked out of the playoffs by the Blues.
When a team is in a decline the coach should be fired because that means the players no longer are listening to the coach or believe in his system unless there was major injuries for the drop off.

Reactions: hn777

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
Got my new Nova Scotia plates "JETS" in the mail.

Because of the blue nose it doesn't look great. I think I may just keep them in the house on the wall somewhere, and not actually activate them.
Should have done WPG-JTS or something maybe? Strange that they have a design that demands that custom plates be split up like that.

WpgSteve

Nov 5, 2018

m.
As a counter point, the Jets fell apart in the back half of the 2018/2019 season before going out with a whimper in the first round.

I would have fired Maurice after the lack of push back in the Vegas series. I don't care how many goals Laine scored in December.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Got my new Nova Scotia plates "JETS" in the mail.

Because of the blue nose it doesn't look great. I think I may just keep them in the house on the wall somewhere, and not actually activate them.
How are you enjoying life out there?

Reactions: GNP

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
How are you enjoying life out there?
really enjoying it. im not going to lie, i really miss winnipeg and i know i wont get back often from here, so that hurts. but my kids are thriving and surrounded by family. and our mortage is now 800 a month for a 1600 sq foot bungalow thanks in large part to our calgary house selling for a tidy sum. lifes good

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

m.
Make it stop.

really enjoying it. im not going to lie, i really miss winnipeg and i know i wont get back often from here, so that hurts. but my kids are thriving and surrounded by family. and our mortage is now 800 a month for a 1600 sq foot bungalow thanks in large part to our calgary house selling for a tidy sum. lifes good
The timezone totally explains your posts if you've been drinking two hours longer than everyone else :cool:

The timezone totally explains your posts if you've been drinking two hours longer than everyone else :cool:

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Or, grew up without a team and had a number one? Yes, most of us are that old that we remember 1.0 haha.

When the Jets left I boycotted the NHL until 2003. I kept playing hockey and watched junior, but no NHL.

Then I moved to Alberta for work and started watching the Oilers in 2003. There was something about that team - underrated, lunch bucket team with some top end skill and a LOT of hard workers. A no name defense and really good goaltending. Hmmm sound familiar?

The pinnacle for me was living in Edmonton and watching the cinderella run in 2006. That was one of my favorite moments, despite the way it ended.

The MOMENT the Jets came back I severed my ties with the Oilers. I told myself they'd be my second team, but I have NO second team. There is the Jets, and 31 enemies of various hate levels.

They were always in the trash. Some people just love dumpster diving :P
When the Jets left, my heart was broken, and I stopped watching NHL hockey until the Jets came back. Always been a Jets fan and never gave up hope...:thumbu:

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
As a counter point, the Jets fell apart in the back half of the 2018/2019 season before going out with a whimper in the first round.

I would have fired Maurice after the lack of push back in the Vegas series. I don't care how many goals Laine scored in December.
I wanted him gone back then and took a lot of hate for it. We're lucky he left on his own or he'd probably still be here. The only thing I don't like about Chevy is keeping guys here too long.

Reactions: hn777
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad