Post-Game Talk: Jets 4 - Bolts 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
All D men between 18:09 to 20:32 TOI.
TB gets the late goal and knocks Helle's sv% to a .939.
Toni is playing like he doesn't want to wear a Moose jersey again.
No points by the first line again and we are still winning.
Names is such a smart, patient player.
Love the way Bones is coaching this team.
Pionk had a good night.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Love this NAMES player we've picked up -- 3 assists tonight and a goal in the last game. Huge addition to this club, and for a great contract price. He's quickly becoming one of my favourite Jets. Add to that, NINO and Villardi, and this is a totally different team than last year.. I think we'll win the Central Division.

Love our new additions - well done Chevy.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Great win, team stayed hot.

Perfetti is looking excellent but it would be nice if his coach trusted him to close out games more, especially in a game where he is playing elite hockey like tonight. Still pretty good that he's pacing 55 points with the lack of getting some bounces for second assists.
Glad to see him with Scheif...wanted to see that since TC.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Maybe Bowness noticed the old habits creeping in too? Good on him to deal with it quickly if that’s the case.
Loving this system the team is playing!
Didn't smell like a demotion to me.

Felt like it was just a centre shake-up in the top-six, and I feel like Vlad and Ehlers is a match made in heaven, and I wanna see more of Perfetti with Scheif, so it kinda makes sense.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Let’s just hope for the sake of that random oiler fan they showed at the end of the game today the oilers lose today too

For real, why do people show up with random jerseys
One of my co-workers, who is also a STH, is a huge Blackhawks fan and wears their jersey every game he goes to lol. But he says he just enjoys watching NHL hockey and likes going to games, but isn't a Jets fan. And hey good for him that he goes, because I'm not going to complain about who is buying tickets currently now.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
I was impressed with Nino tonight. Not the flashiest star or the one getting the most points, but surely one of the hardest working and hardest hitting players tonight.

Playing the "imagine what" game now. We are number one when the sun comes up tomorrow and racking up gritty wins against some really impressive teams. Imagine what we could be doing if we had Kyle Connor back in the lineup and if our first line hasn't been totally limp for the last several games.

This could be a great deal fun in the second half of the schedule!

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
All D men between 18:09 to 20:32 TOI.
TB gets the late goal and knocks Helle's sv% to a .939.
Toni is playing like he doesn't want to wear a Moose jersey again.
No points by the first line again and we are still winning.
Names is such a smart, patient player.
Love the way Bones is coaching this team.
Pionk had a good night.
The first line names Ehlers and villardi did score.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Probably the worst game of the season for 55 though.

The numbers kinda back this up and more.

In Scheifele ~760 game NHL career, this game was his worst Corsi Against and 2nd worst Expected Goals Against game of all time.

Same for Ehlers... worst all time Corsi Against and 3rd worst all time xGoals Against game for him too.

I don't think they were that bad but according to the numbers truly an all time stinker for them. Hopefully they ate something bad last night and get back to normal soon.

Krauser

Oct 3, 2017
It’s now 14 games in a row that the Jets haven’t allowed more than 2 goals in regulation.

Last team to score 3 goals in 60 minutes vs the Jets was the Oilers on Nov 30th. Habs scored a 3rd goal in OT on Dec 18th.

Jets are 11-1-2 for 24 points of a possible 28 in that 14-game span — a .857 points percentage, which is a 141 points pace.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I was impressed with Nino tonight. Not the flashiest star or the one getting the most points, but surely one of the hardest working and hardest hitting players tonight.

Playing the "imagine what" game now. We are number one when the sun comes up tomorrow and racking up gritty wins against some really impressive teams. Imagine what we could be doing if we had Kyle Connor back in the lineup and if our first line hasn't been totally limp for the last several games.

It probably won't happen unless we're ravaged by injuries, but I feel like a Ehlers-Names-Nino line would be absolutely FILTHY.

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg

Its almost like im now worried about the teams chemistry when Connor comes back lol. All the lines are gonna get shook. Nice problem to have i suppose.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Kind of a slow start by the Jets, but they finally woke up and showed the Bolts who has the electricity! I give this game four Penny Farthing bicycles out of five...

Pennyfarthing1.gif
Pennyfarthing2.gif
Pennyfarthing3.gif
Pennyfarthing4.gif

The Prediction Contest for the game against the San Jose Sharks has been posted, and a close race is starting to heat up. Don't forget to sign up to create your very own GDT. They are a lot of fun to do, so have at it. See you all on Thursday! Good night...

PennyFarthingSleep.jpg

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
The numbers kinda back this up and more.

In Scheifele ~760 game NHL career, this game was his worst Corsi Against and 2nd worst Expected Goals Against game of all time.

Same for Ehlers... worst all time Corsi Against and 3rd worst all time xGoals Against game for him too.

I don't think they were that bad but according to the numbers truly an all time stinker for them. Hopefully they ate something bad last night and get back to normal soon.
Surprised the numbers were that bad, didn't feel like they had a bad game myself.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Dallas loses to Montreal tonight and the Avs are down 3-2 to the Islanders in the 3rd period tonight. If the Islanders hang on, it's 1st place for the Jets -- not too bad. :nod:

Have to update this -- Avs came back to win, so the Jets take 2nd place, just 1 point behind the Avs, but with 1 or 2 games in hand. Tight race.
Maybe the Jets sweep their California road trip and take 1st place.

Last edited:

SimpleSimon

Nov 9, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
One of my co-workers, who is also a STH, is a huge Blackhawks fan and wears their jersey every game he goes to lol. But he says he just enjoys watching NHL hockey and likes going to games, but isn't a Jets fan. And hey good for him that he goes, because I'm not going to complain about who is buying tickets currently now.
How could one be from Winnipeg and not be a Jets fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad