Post-Game Talk: Jets 4 - Bolts 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Work horse effort - they get it done the hard way some nights and this was one of them.
Helle was Helle
Names is my favorite Jet to watch right now - guys a gem in how he brings it every night.
Some work required on special teams - or maybe a complete tear down - regardless, the 5v5 is getting it done.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Great win, team stayed hot.

Perfetti is looking excellent but it would be nice if his coach trusted him to close out games more, especially in a game where he is playing elite hockey like tonight. Still pretty good that he's pacing 55 points with the lack of getting some bounces for second assists.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Jets cream the Bolts, while Dalass loses theirs. Bonus for Minnesota losing yet again too, much deserved there. What a blessed day, GJG!

Let’s just hope for the sake of that random oiler fan they showed at the end of the game today the oilers lose today too

For real, why do people show up with random jerseys

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Good for Bones for breaking up that top line in the 3rd, they were getting eaten alive. Great adjustment by the coach.

3rd was much better. Probably the worst game of the season for 55 though.

After these last few games I am convinced we need an upgrade on Pionk. I am not sure he's the guy in the 2nd pairing role when the games get tight and teams starting coming down on you harder. It was an adventure everytime he tried to break the puck out today esp in the first 2 periods.

PK looked like the Maurice era PK where they are just standing around not even applying an ounce of pressure. The PK is entering the territoiry of a 5-alarm fire at this point. AavcoCup on twitter has been tracking 5v5 metrics and while earlier in the season the process was good but goalies weren't giving us the saves, now the saves are there but the process is awful... all metrics show it's a shooting gallery out there. I am actually kinda glad Tampa scored on the PK twice and we got the win. Unlike the PP where they acknowledge a problem the coaching staff has been delusional about the PK, so if this gets them to address it, it's better in the long run.

AJF made some nice plays. I am eating my words about his play with the puck on his stick. Lowry line looks like it's back to being great again. Perfetti driving the net against Hedman was hilarious.

Another great game by Namestnikov... what a player! 3 points against his former team. He has gone from being a 4th liner to be a key cog in the Jets machine.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Great win, team stayed hot.

Perfetti is looking excellent but it would be nice if his coach trusted him to close out games more, especially in a game where he is playing elite hockey like tonight. Still pretty good that he's pacing 55 points with the lack of getting some bounces for second assists.
Not sure I would call his game elite tonight but he played as well as the rest of them -
Team win - and that's why we are winning

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Ahem:

Screenshot 2024-01-02 214315.png

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
4/5 stickmen tonight, I wanted to give them 5 but the Bolts are just another team :naughty:, Vladdy does all the little things right and has become a big part of this team, Perfetti really playing well, the D was outstanding, Helle made saves, Bones made a line correction, Nino took one high went off came back out. This team keeps collecting points and nothing seems to effect them. They really seem to play for each other and winning is a by product of that. Now lets go have a good road trip

d7tkgit-84de8bed-767e-486f-af94-8eb545d275b3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad