Post-Game Talk: Jets 4 - Avs 2

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Yeti’s are better
IMG_5589.gif

Attachments

• IMG_5589.gif
    IMG_5589.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5589.gif
    IMG_5589.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 3

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
How many dmen in the league wouldn't look bad on that?

As reasonable and as well-argued as your point is, that doesn't change the reality that Stanley is the 8th best D man on this team, and will be 9th once Heinola is healthy. We shouldn't let a good result cloud us about this fact that Stanley is a bust's bust and we should be praying for the day when we not only get an asset for him, but we prevent Bowness's Jurassic Park era coaching from playing him in any non-preseason game.

Full team win. No panic to their game at all, that's how you close out a win against a great team. It occurred to me this game that Helly no longer makes me sweat when he plays the puck. This year's Scheif Connor Ehlers is the most skilled top line we've ever had.

He really has improved from "handles it like a live grenade" to "handles it like an almost-certainly-defused grenade", which is a big plus :)

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
As reasonable and as well-argued as your point is, that doesn't change the reality that Stanley is the 8th best D man on this team, and will be 9th once Heinola is healthy. We shouldn't let a good result cloud us about this fact that Stanley is a bust's bust and we should be praying for the day when we not only get an asset for him, but we prevent Bowness's Jurassic Park era coaching from playing him in any non-preseason game.

He really has improved from "handles it like a live grenade" to "handles it like an almost-certainly-defused grenade", which is a big plus :)
Doubt chis would have been able to do anything on that play, so I’d say 7th till chis does something.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Very nice game by the Jets -
The team kept their composure against a team that can have you running in circles
We kept most of it to the outside in our end and moved the puck out well considering.
Our top line was playing solid D tonight - really nice to see that group defending and creating a ton of offense.
Blueline was good considering the high power offense they had to defend against

Helle solid as a rock - actually made it look easy -
Rick manages the lines well tonight - and helped the guys stay composed - no panic.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
As reasonable and as well-argued as your point is, that doesn't change the reality that Stanley is the 8th best D man on this team, and will be 9th once Heinola is healthy. We shouldn't let a good result cloud us about this fact that Stanley is a bust's bust and we should be praying for the day when we not only get an asset for him, but we prevent Bowness's Jurassic Park coaching from playing him in any non-preseason game.

I'm not advocating for Stanley... I'm just saying that a world class player with world class speed took a pass in stride and went around him in such a way that most dmen in the league would have been exposed.

If someone wants to point to a play to underscore Stanley's ineptitude, they oughtta use a different one

Nov 24, 2006
I'm not advocating for Stanley... I'm just saying that a world class player with world class speed took a pass in stride and went around him in such a way that most dmen in the league would have been exposed.

If someone wants to point to a play to underscore Stanley's ineptitude, they oughtta use a different one
Yep. Stanley is slow, but McKinnon would do that to any Jet defender.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Who's trying to change reality?
I think the fact that Stan is a PB player is no secret where everyone needs to be reminded in a PGT after the team just played one of the best games I have watched them play.
You're even taking shots at the coach after this win
Bad day??

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Missed most of the third period as I just couldn't stay awake (I tried). Nice effort from the Jets, beating a solid Avalanche team in an away game! I give this match four bigfoots out of five...

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

The Prediction Contest has been posted for the game against the Anaheim Ducks, so you can start to get your guesses in. Don't forget to sign up for a GDT, there are plenty of games available, so please help @macmaroon out by staking your claim on one...

giphy.gif

See you guys on Sunday! Good night...

giphy.gif

...more like the second one for me...:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad