Post-Game Talk: Jets 3 Krackheads 2 in a SO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
I couldn't find stats from Rittich in shootouts, but Hellebuyck is apparently almost exactly league average at .667; Rittich could easily be better or could easily be worse.
Here you go (and this was a bit of a surprise for me):

David Rittich (#8 of 120, min. 40 shots against): 8W, 5L .766
Connor Hellebuyck (#74): 13W, 10L .667
Ondrej Pavelec (#85): 22W, 26L .639

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Ha! I read 34-19-1 as a line.
I was like Gus and who are playing?

Auston Matthews, Gus, and Eric Comrie. Would be an interesting line.

I was like 34 and 1, aren't those goalie numbers? :laugh:

Morrissey taking the next step to a true#1 has renewed my hope we can make a serious cup run and IMO is the biggest argument against the dismantling of this team. We have a Vezina goalie, a Norris caliber defenseman, 2 #1 centers and 2 elite wingers all between the age of 24 - 29. For the life of me I can't see why some see us on the verge of a rebuild. A top organization keeps this group together as best they can even if they need to extend longer then ideal, and pay UFA prices. When they all pass through their primes and are in their mid 30's that is when you rebuild, not just when you are getting started.

Yes - but people are talking rebuild because they expect us to be without a 2C after this year and they are also worried that Scheif and Helle walk. Not hard to see where the concern comes from.

But keep this core together if possible, for certain.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
They are also trying to manage Ehlers minutes. He is just recovering from missing half a season. They’d rather the bulk of his minutes come 5v5 where he is the most impactful.
I’m sure they have talked to him about it. Players putting team before their points happens often look how Yzerman became D first for Detroit to win.
With Perfetti many coaches are rookie averse and he is aware that he’d likely get the same kind of treatment from most contenders.
Some various comments on Ehlers here, and what I see is basically their not trying to push him to hard, and managing his ice time. I was looking at the scoring stats last night and from memory Ehlers scores at about 1.15 points per game, which would put him in the Top 25 or thereabouts in all of the NHL, if he had not missed half the season. That's pretty damn good if you ask me.

I've noticed he's got his jump back, and good burst speed, that I like to see. The only thing I've noticed about Ehlers that I don't like, is he turns over the puck quite a lot by making errant passes right to the opposition. I wish he'd think the game out a little faster, and not turn over the puck. All in all, I like Ehlers and his contribution to the Jets, but he does need to stop turning the puck over.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stumbledore

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Wheeler has been much better than I expected and great. His reluctance to shoot and his trying to pass to Pionk did lead to their first goal. That and Ehlers coming up a few strides short on back check.
I have to admit, I think Wheeler has been pretty damn good this year. I thought he was getting a bit old, and he was way overpaid on his last contract. I have to admit, he basically looks the same now as 3 years ago, so his contract is not that bad for what he brings to the table. He's been playing well, and I believe one of the top scorers on the Jets, and in the Top 100 players in the NHL - so not to bad at all for a 36 year old guy. There are a "lot" worse contracts in the NHL.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
I have to admit, I think Wheeler has been pretty damn good this year. I thought he was getting a bit old, and he was way overpaid on his last contract. I have to admit, he basically looks the same now as 3 years ago, so his contract is not that bad for what he brings to the table. He's been playing well, and I believe one of the top scorers on the Jets, and in the Top 100 players in the NHL - so not to bad at all for a 36 year old guy. There are a "lot" worse contracts in the NHL.
Wheels is a late starter. Hits prime right about now.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Here you go (and this was a bit of a surprise for me):

David Rittich (#8 of 120, min. 40 shots against): 8W, 5L .766
Connor Hellebuyck (#74): 13W, 10L .667
Ondrej Pavelec (#85): 22W, 26L .639
What does the .766 and .667 and .639 refer to?

Granted I'm no mathematician (and have the WLN scars to prove it) but if those are supposed to be winning percentages in overtime, they make no sense. Pavilec lost more games than he won but has a .639 score? Can't be right.

At a quick glance, I get:

David Rittich (#8 of 120, min. 40 shots against): 8W, 5L = .615
Connor Hellebuyck (#74): 13W, 10L = .565
Ondrej Pavelec (#85): 22W, 26L = .458

Like I said, I'm lousy at maths so feel free to jump in and correct me.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
What does the .766 and .667 and .639 refer to?

Granted I'm no mathematician (and have the WLN scars to prove it) but if those are supposed to be winning percentages in overtime, they make no sense. Pavilec lost more games than he won but has a .639 score? Can't be right.

At a quick glance, I get:

David Rittich (#8 of 120, min. 40 shots against): 8W, 5L = .615
Connor Hellebuyck (#74): 13W, 10L = .565
Ondrej Pavelec (#85): 22W, 26L = .458

Like I said, I'm lousy at maths so feel free to jump in and correct me.
Those are save percentage. The higher the better. 1.000 means you have never been scored against. 0.000 means you have never made a save.

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
Those are save percentage. The higher the better. 1.000 means you have never been scored against. 0.000 means you have never made a save.
Sorry about that and thanks. I forgot to key in Save%.

R: Shots faced = 47, Saves = 36.....36/47 = 0.766 (76.6%)
H: Shots faced = 78, Saves = 52.....52/78 - 0.667 (66.7%)
P: Shots faced = 166, Saves = 106.....106/166 = 0.639 (63.9%)

Snowboy

Oct 12, 2013
This game was a good example of why Meier would be huge for the jets... all these years and still no one 'really' fits with ehlers...
Didn,t the media and many posters recently claim that Shief, Ehlers, and Connor may be one of the best lines in hockey. They were.....and then seldom used afterwards.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Hands up everybody that liked the Rittich signing from the get go. Come on, put em up, lets see that hand. There must have been one. :laugh:

If I am honest, I was not thrilled.

tumblr_n0egcyFnlU1qiavcao1_500.gif

Not proud of that quick judgement... but I am very pleased to see BSD play so well in his role. His personality is also a major plus, good team player.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I’m very happy we won, and with our position in the standings, ……..but am I the only one who thinks that the jets are kind of ….boring? There is very little emotion or passion, hardly a single meaningful hit. They are playing hockey and not badly, but there just doesn’t seem to be much excitement.

Maybe it’s just me, but we need an instigator, someone that gets under the opponents’ skin. I know PLD does that sometimes, but more and more seldom it seems.

Again, happy to be winning, but just my observation, that we were always a much better team when we were more physical.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I’m very happy we won, and with our position in the standings, ……..but am I the only one who thinks that the jets are kind of ….boring? There is very little emotion or passion, hardly a single meaningful hit. They are playing hockey and not badly, but there just doesn’t seem to be much excitement.

Maybe it’s just me, but we need an instigator, someone that gets under the opponents’ skin. I know PLD does that sometimes, but more and more seldom it seems.

Again, happy to be winning, but just my observation, that we were always a much better team when we were more physical.

They might be saving it for the playoffs. But I do think our general game plan has been more simplistic lately.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Came across this comment from a Kraken fan re: last night's game... I can't tell if it was serious or not?????

"Its easy to foil PP in todays game! The NHL needs to do something about the ineffective PP's! Enlarge the nets(5 x 7),remove 1 skater aside are a couple of things they could do! Widen the rinks to 110 feet by 205 from current 85 x 205 which puts the emphasis on skating and finesse players. Too much board work and scrums along the wall! And they can get rid of the faceoff dots except the one at Centre ice. With todays technology you think they could build a laser into the puck to project on the ice.? If that happens then the faceoff is at the very spot where the out of play puck was launched from! This takes away from the Defensive plays and strategies and tactics. And lets at least have the Defending team on the PK have to come to Center before shooting it down the ice for icing if the former icing wish is not changed into! On the PP fans want to see pressure, excitement and goals not ineffective PP's!"

Last edited:

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Came across this comment from a Kraken fan re: last night's game... I'm can't tell if it was serious or not?????

"Its easy to foil PP in todays game! The NHL needs to do something about the ineffective PP's! Enlarge the nets(5 x 7),remove 1 skater aside are a couple of things they could do! Widen the rinks to 110 feet by 205 from current 85 x 205 which puts the emphasis on skating and finesse players. Too much board work and scrums along the wall! And they can get rid of the faceoff dots except the one at Centre ice. With todays technology you think they could build a laser into the puck to project on the ice.? If that happens then the faceoff is at the very spot where the out of play puck was launched from! This takes away from the Defensive plays and strategies and tactics. And lets at least have the Defending team on the PK have to come to Center before shooting it down the ice for icing if the former icing wish is not changed into! On the PP fans want to see pressure, excitement and goals not ineffective PP's!"
Now that's funny ... maybe he should watch the Oilers PP but I guess that's what happens when your team (Kraken) has a bad PP unit (23rd) ... the fans want to change the rules.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Came across this comment from a Kraken fan re: last night's game... I can't tell if it was serious or not?????

Bigger rinks do lead to more goals 😳

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
Oliver Ekmann Larsson come on down!

Reactions: GNP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad