Post-Game Talk: Jets 3 - Hawks 2 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I don't think the Jets have really seen the benefit of what should be a huge strength for us yet.
That's the 4th line since Monahan was brought on.
Nemestikov and whatever 2 players we play there (ignore Cole for the moment)...
Any combo of Nem, Iafallo, Barron, Kupari (throw Gus in the mix when/if he is playing) should do really well. Yet the depth scoring for that line has been very minimal so far.
When we were really cooking pre-X-MAS our 3rd and 4th lines were scoring machines.

Reactions: thereturn

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
Headshots on Helle, dirty hit on Morrissey. No response. I don't like that.
We need Viel on the 4th line. He's playing quite well, has NHL experience and is as competent as our other 4th liners.
Barron Names Viel

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
lol I'm calling out the posters who only make negative posts, there are a lot of posters here that criticize the team play but don't do it after every shift, every game, every trade, every line up decision, I don't call them out...

did I like there game last night? not really, how ever paying attention to other teams give you perspective that it's not just the jets going thru the motions, dallas lost 4 in a row and their last game they had 12 shots on goal down 4-1 to ottawa with 6 minutes to go in the 3rd, vancouver just lost 4 and got called out by their coach for their effort, avs lost 4 in a row, boston was getting booed off the ice last week...

I was listening to the jeff marek show last week and him and friedman were talking about 2 other contending teams not playing well and he mentioned how after the all star break and before the trade deadline are the dog days of the year where teams well in the playoffs are just trying to get the games over with but the good teams still manage to win them

OK, fair enough.
There are a few who seldom have anything positive to say. Very few though.

Yes, every team has stretches of poor play and losing streaks. The question here is, can the Jets flip a switch and get back to the style of play from the 1st half? Lets hope so.

Reactions: hn777

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I must have missed the mostly positive posting for Stan - or there simply wasn't very many - it's one or the other :sarcasm:

Well there are degrees of positive. Earlier in the season, when the whole team was playing better, Stan's occasional games were drawing comments like, Stan was not bad, Stan had a pretty good game by Stan standards, etc. :laugh:

But he didn't play that often so there were not a lot of those kinds of comments.

Reactions: hn777

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
It's hard to ignore that Caponbianco is by far the best defenseman on the Moose and top 3 in the AHL.
He's fast, excellent passer, he's physically solid, strong skater, great shot. His defensive coverage could be better, but with the right partner his upside makes up for it.

He can play either side.
At the moment he's higher than Heinola because Villle needs more time to recover.

Would capo be more effective than Schmidt? More effective than Stanley?
He definitely would be offensively.

I think we have to get either Heinola or Capo on the Jets before the deadline to see what they got.

Capo could be bottom pair and second pp.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
It's hard to ignore that Caponbianco is by far the best defenseman on the Moose and top 3 in the AHL.
He's fast, excellent passer, he's physically solid, strong skater, great shot. His defensive coverage could be better, but with the right partner his upside makes up for it.

He can play either side.
At the moment he's higher than Heinola because Villle needs more time to recover.

Would capo be more effective than Schmidt? More effective than Stanley?
He definitely would be offensively.

I think we have to get either Heinola or Capo on the Jets before the deadline to see what they got.

Capo could be bottom pair and second pp.
Who would we waive to bring up that defensively poor D man?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille