Post-Game Talk: Jets 3 - Hawks 2 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
The worst lead in hockey is a one goal lead. No lead gets blown as often as a one goal lead. For instance, as there are no field goals in hockey, it is impossible to blow a two goal lead without also blowing a one goal lead, but not every blown one goal lead came from an also-blown two goal lead
Impeccable logic is impeccable.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
We can't be too
The top line is doing a real good job of getting caved night in night out. Stanley had a mediocre night and a very forgettable giveaway. Ehlers and the Lowry line were the only good ones tonight. Thought Barron and Names did well with Perfetti. Hope Hellebuyck doesn't wake up with neck stiffness and a concussion.

We can't be too hard on the top line guys.

Yes the Blackhawks coach matched them up against the 2nd line of the worst team in the league and they still somehow found a way to lose that matchup pinned inside their zone all night.

But Bones didn't have the last change, maybe next game at home Bones can match up our top line against the Hawks 4th line and maybe that's a matchup they can hopefully break even in rather than outright lose?

Anyways, Lowry line had an off night but it was a rare abberation for them. I am not worried about them, I am more worried about guys whom this happens to every night.

Ehlers is stud and we don't deserve him. That line looked pretty good with Iafallo.

Stanley was what I expect, can't harp on him too much, he is basically as advertised.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Pionk has been genuinely awful lately. I've mentioned it before but he seems like the type of player that when all is said and done he comes out and says that he didn't really care for the game ala Wellwood or Byfuglien. All the skill in the world and when he's engaged he's fantastic, but when he's not it's an issue. The positive part of that is that the playoffs will likely be something that gets him going, but right now when games aren't as important he's a liability.

That's my take and it's speculation, but he's put in so much more effort when it matters and falls apart in the mushy middle when the season drags on multiple occasions now.

Last edited:

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Hey Joe, we beat a team south east of this state

minny-biden.gif

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Decent game overall, closer than what I would have liked but we controlled most of it.
Ehlers with a beauty rush and a seeing eye goal - nice to see him get it going.
Iafallo had a nice game and Names is driving that 4th line - looks like we have a solid bottom 6 as we near the deadline.
Top 6 still needs to work out a few kinks and I think they will - just leave the lines alone long enough for these guys to get something going.

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
So did this game decide who’s better ehlers or Connor. Who are we trading?
Guys, “nagging injury” notwithstanding, I am all alone here?
Little Nikky must have been pissed off after reading all the posts after last game.
He’s not a Dutch Uncle, he’s a transplanted Viking.
I just knew he was going to play through whatever was nagging him and giver Merde.
Sorry Jeg veht ikke den Dansk ord for merde.

tough night

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
3/5 Stickmen tonight, at times the Jets controlled this game but just couldn't get that knock out punch, Helle once again a beast hopefully he feels good after the game that was a pretty vicious head shot, Nik was jumping tonight Money another good game, top line tough night but KFC scores goals even back checked tonight. D had a tough time, Vladdy does the little things. Jets just need to keep on collecting points.

d4lxg89-f53f3470-0bba-49d7-aaee-cebf08f5a27c.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad