Post-Game Talk: Jets 3 Bolts 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Well I think you have to give credit to Rick Bowness for starting Connor Hellebuyck in back to backs again, and getting 4 points out of him. I think the Jets saw a Tampa team that doesn't have the pedal to the floor anymore and matched up pretty damn good with them, without Josh in the lineup.

Shot clock was not in the Jets favour but the shots were still close before the Jets took the lead, and I think the high danger chances must have been close to even if not in the Jets favour, so that's important.

When you get a 4th line goal, a PP goal, and a 3rd line goal, your chances to win are increased.

Can't say enough good things about our checking line. This is the line I wanted to see, and they are doing so many things right on a night to night basis. If Mason Appleton ever gets his scoring touch look out.

To see this team coming together, with the pressure on, and some adversity, gives me hope.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
We play well and often win with key injuries, and play like sh*t when we’re healthy. I can’t figure that out…:huh: Happy for the two wins, hope the Jets can keep it up.:thumbu:

The key then is to play with key injuries for the rest of the season
giphy.gif

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
This may sound crazy but do the Jets play better without PLD? I do think he takes too many shifts off but to play great against the Wild and beat the Florida teams with Nammy at centre in his place is nothing short of unbelievable. I do not think the Jets are contenders but they seem to be playing harder and with more effort.

I would agree with you.

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
Give Dave R the next game
Helle was great when he played 2nd of B2B against the Rangers then didn’t play too good for a week after that
Although Helly’s psychology might have been the cause, I think other factors lost us those games.
Giving the game to Big Save Dave might be the one factor that gives the game to the Canes.
Helly earned a break with B2B wins for sure, but a win against the Canes would be a lot better for team morale than going back to losses right now.
I know it’s asking a lot of Helly but he seems fit and fired up.
I say roll with that.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Although Helly’s psychology might have been the cause, I think other factors lost us those games.
Giving the game to Big Save Dave might be the one factor that gives the game to the Canes.
Helly earned a break with B2B wins for sure, but a win against the Canes would be a lot better for team morale than going back to losses right now.
I know it’s asking a lot of Helly but he seems fit and fired up.
I say roll with that.
Yup, looks like Helle is starting to feel it again, giving him another extended break is a mistake imo.

Helle tomorrow, Rittich vs. Broons and Helle against the Preds

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Or Helly tomorrow, Helly against the Bruins and Helly against the Predators , what the Helly.:naughty:
It would be hard not to play Helly against the Bruins. It is the one home game before going back on the road. Bruins are also a big draw, especially this season. Since it is one of the few games where TNSE hasn't emailed me about cheap seats being available, I'm guessing it is a sellout. I think it would leave a real bad taste in people's mouths not to try to take down the league leaders the 1 game they are in town for.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
It would be hard not to play Helly against the Bruins. It is the one home game before going back on the road. Bruins are also a big draw, especially this season. Since it is one of the few games where TNSE hasn't emailed me about cheap seats being available, I'm guessing it is a sellout. I think it would leave a real bad taste in people's mouths not to try to take down the league leaders the 1 game they are in town for.
Bruin fans in attendance will be terribly annoying this night.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Or Helly tomorrow, Helly against the Bruins and Helly against the Predators , what the Helly.:naughty:

The road to Helle is paved with B2Bs.

Feels a bit like throwing BSD in against Canes or Bruins is a coin flip between a scheduled loss or the Miracle on Ice.

Helle likely gives us a shot in both games, but we're gonna lose one and we're worse at home, so maybe Helle vs Canes and BSD vs the Ruins?

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

It seems like a huge opportunity to 'measure up', so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad