Post-Game Talk: Jets 3 Bolts 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
This may sound crazy but do the Jets play better without PLD? I do think he takes too many shifts off but to play great against the Wild and beat the Florida teams with Nammy at centre in his place is nothing short of unbelievable. I do not think the Jets are contenders but they seem to be playing harder and with more effort.

Chevy please also lock up both tdl acquisitions long term!
this literally gets said when every time a star player is out and the team wins, we are 100% better with pld in the lineup

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
This may sound crazy but do the Jets play better without PLD? I do think he takes too many shifts off but to play great against the Wild and beat the Florida teams with Nammy at centre in his place is nothing short of unbelievable. I do not think the Jets are contenders but they seem to be playing harder and with more effort.

I loved the addition of El Nino but had no clue that Namaste could be this effective. He is a solid player with skill and hard to move off the puck .
Someone could run the numbers since the trade.

It may not provide definite causation but I'd be curious to see the results

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Really pumped we found a way to get B2B wins in Florida. Huge huge huge series of events at this snap shot in time. The clock is ticking on the teams chasing us and their wins tonight only help they keep pace. We only have 15 games left we just need to keep finding a way because the clock is running out.

Last edited:

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Helle back to being the difference maker against tough teams - but can't complain about the effort out there and the fact that we walked away with 4 points in Florida.
Sometimes you need a little luck and a few breaks and the Jets were over due -

Take 'em any way you can get 'em - and get healthy again.
There's more work to do but things are looking up.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
this literally gets said when every time a star player is out and the team wins, we are 100% better with pld in the lineup

I would say without Scheifele they are not better and they were missing Morrisey. I did not say they are better without him.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

I loved the addition of El Nino but had no clue that Namaste could be this effective. He is a solid player with skill and hard to move off the puck .
I think we should focus more on that fact that we've won every game that Morrissey has been out.

• Haha
Reactions: Jet

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
time_simpsons_2.jpg

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
That’s a W that should help get the confidence back. Refs had their marching orders, that penalty on Scheif late in the 2nd was garbagio and then Kucherov with an Olympic-esque dive made it a two-man advantage but the Jets fought it off and killed it off. Really battened down the hatches and fought hard to secure the win in the third, too.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Give Dave R the next game
Helle was great when he played 2nd of B2B against the Rangers then didn’t play too good for a week after that

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
You don't always need the flashy moves. Most cup winners don't make them. They make the low key complimentary type moves we did. I could have done with one more solid depth guy like Name but job well done so far by Chevy.

Although they do tend to start with better rosters than we did

Reactions: AlphaLackey

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Jets have been oddly great on the second half of B2Bs this season
As I deal with writers block, here is the jets B2B Record

Oct 20: 2-5 L @ VGK (f*** Vegas)
Oct 28: 3-2 OTW @ PHO
Dec 9: 3-1 W @ CHI
Dec 18: 2-3 L @ SEA
Dec 23: 1-4 L @ WSH
Jan 13: 4-1 W @ PIT
Jan 22: 5-3 W @ PHI
Feb 20: 4-1 W @ NYR
Mar 4: 7-5 W vs EDM
Mar 12: 3-2 W @ TB

9-3 in those games. I cannot remember a record this good before. We easily could have won that game against Seattle too - I remember that one, it should have at least gone to OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad