Post-Game Talk: Jets 1, Senators 2

White Out 403*

Shameful tank joy. Some close moments, but, we pulled out 2 Matthews points.

embarrassing_moments_when_people_celebrated_way_too_soon_02.gif

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Chevy must be praying every night to the hockey gods to not let Scheifele hit 30 goals :laugh:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
That was a bad hckey game. Terrible ice. Awful passing, bizzarre decisions with the puck. Nothing seemed to work. Stuart gets worse every game. Chiarot with a Bogoesque brain fart on the winning goal.

Tankworthy

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
Probably one of the most boring games all season.

Good result though.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
LmAO someone yelled out "true north" just now at the Calgary vs ducks game. Wtf.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Most people are probably happy with the result for the tank. But if the Jets were in it, a game like this would inspire a lot of rage in the post-game thread :laugh:

Master Scheif

dirt nasty
Jun 7, 2014
Winnipeg
Very boring game. Jets were not good.

I thought 19-9-40 had some nice moments, I liked Copp's game specifically. Armia didn't have the puck much but when he did he made positive things happen.

The whole D-core had a bad night. Stu and Chiarot are no surprises, but Trouba had a rough game. Seemed like no one except for Buff could make a good pass.

I liked Scheifele's game; He is a leader and growing into our best player and a top centre. All of Ehlers' passes were into feet or were intercepted tonight (except for that glorious chance at the end), he definitely was not good today. Wheels was okay, great pass on the goal and I always appreciate his hustle.

Nice to get the 2 points. Hutch tried but he couldn't stop the tank tonight.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I really don't think Schief had a good game at all. Yeh he scored but that just shows how much of a threat him and that too line can be. Even on a bad night they csn find the back of the net.

Master Scheif

dirt nasty
Jun 7, 2014
Winnipeg
I really don't think Schief had a good game at all. Yeh he scored but that just shows how much of a threat him and that too line can be. Even on a bad night they csn find the back of the net.

Honestly I think that the putrid d-core has more to do with poor performances of some forwards - Scheifele included. They were atrocious as a whole today. We know Scheif can do better but I didn't see many mistakes from him and I thought his impact on the game relative to the rest of the players was significant. I could be wrong, and i'm looking for other opinions.

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
That was a brutally bad game of hockey. It was like the Jets were trying out for Schmockey Night. If you walked in for five seconds, saw Buff's hit, and left, you'd have seen 99.5% of what that game had to offer.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
So what did Pague do that pissed off Buff so much at the end? Anyone catch it?

No idea but right after the buzzer I'm pretty sure it was Buff shot it from the Jets bench across the ice towards the penalty box and hit a guy right in the head about 3rd row up.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Honestly I think that the putrid d-core has more to do with poor performances of some forwards - Scheifele included. They were atrocious as a whole today. We know Scheif can do better but I didn't see many mistakes from him and I thought his impact on the game relative to the rest of the players was significant. I could be wrong, and i'm looking for other opinions.

That whole line was trying to do too much on really bad ice. Playing almost every shift with Stuart early sure didn't help.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Well that was a game pretty much devoid of any highlights. I'd say there were 2. Buff's hit and the standing ovation for Kropy.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
That whole line was trying to do too much on really bad ice. Playing almost every shift with Stuart early sure didn't help.

Agreed. They were trying to be way to cute. Trying to pass through people etc. Once they were split up everyone got back to playing better. Maybe it was just a little bit of a wake up call on the need to play with speed.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Agreed. They were trying to be way to cute. Trying to pass through people etc. Once they were split up everyone got back to playing better. Maybe it was just a little bit of a wake up call on the need to play with speed.

The other line was terrible too. Stafford did nothing on either line. Ehlers breathed life into the Burmi line. It was a goid move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad