Value of: Jesse Puljujärvi

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
As an Oiler fan I’ve seen a few Toronto fans offer kapanen. I think that’s a fair trade and babs is probably the right coach for him. Jp seems like the type of kid that needs lots of encouragement rather than tough love

This leaf fan wouldn't. Kapanen is too good for me to gamble on Puuls hitting close to his potential.

ijk

Oct 3, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
The magic box is always appealing (upside), but Kapanen for Pulju would be stupid from the Leafs side at this point in time.

No chance Pulju would be as effective as Kapanen alongside Matthews, nor in a bottom six role.

Although Pulju may need better linemates he doesn’t deserve them, or if he does then so does every prospect who isnt able to be effective or even a neutral factor in their time on ice.

Still, Edmonton should highly consider trading Pulju because the current scenario will both make Pulju a worse player and decrease his value. Pulju could still develop in a team which has no short teen ambition, forward competition, and which lacks the close critical eyes of both the fans and the media.

Therefore I suggest that Good trading partners could be:
Arizona
Florida (forwards maybe too good atm)
Carolina (just due to Aho being there)

What these teams would be willing to give is anyones guess.

I just hope Edmonton trades Pulju before his value has sunk completely, if not for any other reason than just because Pulju resigning in Edmonton would be catastrophic for himself at this point in time.

Maybe Faulk for Pulju could work (people can bicker on who adds what and why).

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
Laine and him being in similar situation, a trade could make sense, while of course Edmonton would have to add something on top of Pulju atm

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Laine and him being in similar situation, a trade could make sense, while of course Edmonton would have to add something on top of Pulju atm
yeah like McDavid,

you aint getting an Elite sniper like Laine for Puljujarvi + unless the plus is an Elite player himself

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Colorado would be a really good fit for him in my opinion, he could blend in with the youth movement, learn from Rantanen and not face the same level of pressure as in Edmonton. I'm just not sure we could afford to offer pieces the Oilers wanted.

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
Had an ok pre-season, but clearly isnt thrusted by management/coach.

Umm. Isn't that grounds for a hashtag? Are you sure it isn't the other way around, that management has thrusted him too much?

Bad touch. Bad touch.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
I don't know what's the right value of Puljujarvi so i don't have trade ideas in this case.
Maybe Oilers should assign Jesse to AHL and let him stay there so long when McLellan is fired.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Mar 26, 2010
This can not be a serious post. I don’t believe it.

Mar 26, 2010
I feel the same. Did we misread it? Pulujarvi to the Jets might be a good idea to reunite Pulujarvi and Laine, but I hope I'm not seeing this as Laine for JP+, because that makes absolutely no sense at all.
I agree with you.

The poster was implying a trade where Laine is moved for Pulujarvi.

I would not move Laine to EDM for anyone else not name McDavid.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Colorado would be a really good fit for him in my opinion, he could blend in with the youth movement, learn from Rantanen and not face the same level of pressure as in Edmonton. I'm just not sure we could afford to offer pieces the Oilers wanted.

Not unless you’re willing to move Jost in a change of scenery deal, nope. I’m not sure what else you have that wouldn’t hurt what you’ve got going and would help us.

Puljujarvi shouldn’t be moved but I can see us doing something stupid like packaging him with Benning and a pick for a mediocre #4 defenceman from a bad team.

Last edited:

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
I agree with you.

The poster was implying a trade where Laine is moved for Pulujarvi.

I would not move Laine to EDM for anyone else not name McDavid.
thats how i read it too, and had the same reaction

must be an escapee from a Psych ward, because no oiler fan is that crazy

not even 78oil and hes about the most rabid oiler fan i know

he'll go over the top to defend his team, but even he wouldnt say Puljujarvi is worth Laine

tapi must be short for tapioca

Last edited:

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
The problem is what to do with him.

Do you send him to the AHL? I don't know if that does much for him.

He's also heading to the end of his contract, is he going to be all that happy to resign in Edmonton, or is he going to force his way to Europe?

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Lol...well.
i only say it because far too many people confuse oiler "team management" with their fans. and on the whole oiler fans are pretty savvy. they are among the most intelligent on these boards. its not their fault that ownership has hired coaches and GM's that would do a drunken sailor proud. Having Charlie the Wang as owner as an Islander fan wasnt easy so I know how they feel

I would rather had Charlie the Tuna as owner

too often fans take the brunt of the criticism

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad