Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
I don't like having three right hand shots on the same line though.

Minor issue that can be adjusted with the swap of one winger.

To me, Gally and Suzuki are actually the ones that played good together.

No reasons to breakup Drouin KK Anderson

Ducharme is a bad f***ing coach. Since hes been here has any line lasted more than a game?

I really like Ducharme as a coach but reuniting the Finnish line yesterday was just dumb.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
To me, Gally and Suzuki are actually the ones that played good together.

No reasons to breakup Drouin KK Anderson

Ducharme is a bad f***ing coach. Since hes been here has any line lasted more than a game?

The thing about KK is he has no problem for checking but by constantly assuming F1 responsibility he can't be freed up as much. I found that with Gallagher, he was given alot of space. Also with Suzuki, especially in the playoffs, he'll need a big body with him to control the outside. Armia did an okay job with controlling the boards last postseason with him but Josh Anderson can do well there. I'd also just give him Toffoli and stick Drouin with KK. It insulates Suzuki well and gives KK a playmaker to free him up down low in the O zone more as Drouin likes to flirt with the perimeter

Reactions: Apeironic

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Just no longer sold on this player amounting to much. He showed some glimpses early on under Ducharme and now he looks like Bambi on skates again.

Horrible pick.

Reactions: Habby4Life

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Lmao wtf ? He's on a 41 points pace as a 20 years old and you don't think he can produce more than 50 points ?

Youve seen Phil f***ing Danault produce 50 points in the past. Desharnais, too.

Since Julien was canned and he stopped playing 12 minutes a night he's been on a 50 points pace BTW.
When Poehling scored 4 goals in one game, he was on PACE to score 328 for the year. Does the term small sample size mean anything to you?

Reactions: Puck Luck Run Amok

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
When Poehling scored 4 goals in one game, he was on PACE to score 328 for the year. Does the term small sample size mean anything to you?

So to demonstrate that 31 games is a small sample size, you use the example of a 1-game sample size? Interesting logic. For most, a 31-game sample size is not small, especially when backed by the fact that the player scored 34 points as an 18-year old.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
He's 20 years old which makes your last sentence completely laughable.
Being 20 years old doesn't really prove anything.

His skating is still an issue when you look at both his speed and his balance.

His reflects are slow when he's shooting or passing the puck. And the odd occasions he does complete a shot or a pass it's off the mark more often than not.

And his vision and hockey IQ is on par to a third liner.

So if he can improve those failings by the time he's 22-23, I'll grant you his age is a factor. But if he can't then his age is just an excuse to overlook his failings.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
So to demonstrate that 31 games is a small sample size, you use the example of a 1-game sample size? Interesting logic. For most, a 31-game sample size is not small, especially when backed by the fact that the player scored 34 points as an 18-year old.
Go read Mrbp1's post again. Real slowly and you'll discover he is not talking about a 31 game sample size, He was referring to the last 6-7 games that KK's TOI was increased. The fact that I have to point this out to you tells me you won't get it even if you go read it a second time.

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
Go read Mrbp1's post again. Real slowly and you'll discover he is not talking about a 31 game sample size, He was referring to the last 6-7 games that KK's TOI was increased. The fact that I have to point this out to you tells me you won't get it even if you go read it a second time.

Well, aren't you a pleasant individual.

And you're also wrong. But that's okay. Usually the two are correlated (unpleasantness and intellectually challenged). Added to the good old trusty list.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Just no longer sold on this player amounting to much. He showed some glimpses early on under Ducharme and now he looks like Bambi on skates again.

Horrible pick.
So... Was this just a hot take to get the morning off and running or do you really believe this? Why do you think that if you do?

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

His reflects are slow when he's shooting or passing the puck. And the odd occasions he does complete a shot or a pass it's off the mark more often than not.

So if he can improve those failings by the time he's 22-23, I'll grant you his age is a factor. But if he can't then his age is just an excuse to overlook his failings.

Clearly, you have very little experience or understanding of athlete development.

I wonder, do you also post incoherent takes in message boards about other topics you have little or no understanding of?

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I love it when you go around insulting others and haven't got the faintest idea of what you're talking about. I guess you're compensating for something.

No idea what I am talking about? Go look at the average production of top 10 picks at 20 years old and then look at production at 25 years old and then go take a long look in the mirror.

Major insult, a sarcastic "genius". Reallly thin skin you have.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Suzuki was plateauing before the linemates started shifting, no? imo with both of these kids, patience is key... that doesn't mean they shouldn't see their ice time or linemates fluctuate, the issue with JKO through the first part of the season was that he wasn't getting any real opportunity for "top-6" type minutes or linemates, and that, to myself and some others, seemed like a mistake given the level of play that he was showing.

I see,so many thought he deserved to be playing with Tatar and BG and against the opposition top lines every game,got it! KK was getting PP minutes where PD was not,talk about gravy! KK started the season with Toffoli, one of the top scores in the league so I get a bit flummoxed when people say he was not playing with quality players all along.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
People don't realize that Kotkaniemi have more tools than Brady Tkachuk. Yeah Tkachuk is "badass" type player, but Kotkaniemi can hit, can make beauty pass, have great shot, great hands, great instinct defensive play.

He have more hockey sens than Lars Eller and Alex Galchenyuk, so he can't be like them.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Honestly man, I know youve been vocal about him being a third liner, but lets be honest, you are wrong. I will give you the chance to just admit it, and never really talk about it again.

This post is just really far from the reality we've seen, not only since Ducharme took over (Thats an insane post if just looking at that period.), but also over the whole year.

The fact that you question his vision, out of anything is completely insane. He has, almost every game this year, delivered absolutely elite level passes, just last game he completely beat the whole Canucks team with a pass on Lekhonen stick who did what Lekhonen does.

Lets be honest here, your bias is extremely strong, and you are panicking because you don't see the light of day, so at the first sign of a "bad" game, where he didn't have a point and was on the ice for two goals, you rise up from your ashes and come in the thread to remind us how bad he is.

Get real, stop hating, enjoy the ride.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Suzuki was faltering while playing with Drouin/Anderson when Julien was still the coach. He's been having issues since around game 10 of the season, took too long for the coaches to realize it too.

Kind of coincided with the demise of all the habs. So it's all Suzuki fault? It was all up to Suzuki to carry the team when the veterans were not pulling their weight, no pressure kid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad