The Laziest Player In The League...

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Some Leaf fans were staunch supporters of his. Even wanted him drafted over Nylander and were pissed when he wasn't. Then he gets here and was just a waste of a roster spot.
I was one of those fans. I also hated the Kadri pick. Sometimes I miss.

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Ben Chiarot, although I cant tell if it's just because he's just really, really slow.

His effort whilst committing holding penalties and cross checking guys is unquestionable though.

Reactions: luiginb

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Pierre Engvall.

He has good size and good skating ability. When he's on, he's a pretty good middle-6'er. But it seems like he just does the absolute minimum for like half the regular season games.

He should feel shame for how little he produces with the natural gifts he has.

There's a reason Leaf nation laughed at Lou signing him for 7 years.

pi314

Jun 10, 2017
Windsor, ON
I don't think Ovechkin is an especially lazy player.

At his peak he played hard. He was always moving and exerting effort. He wasn't great defensively, but I'm not sure that was primarily an effort problem.

He's coasting in that clip, but you can find similar clips of other notable players.

You don't score that many goals and have that many seasons as a noteworthy player if you're lazy.

Laziest player in hockey history WITHOUT the puck.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
iu
Xbox controllers used to drive me nuts.

RyJo is one lazy ***** ******

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Wait, what? Seriously? Like.. Doom 64, Tetris, what are we talkin here? If he had problems then, dear lord, we’re lucky Marner leaves the virtual reality goggles in the hotel room.
Yeah, 1990s Nintendo stuff. Told he was thinking not about hockey, but about how to beat video game levels once he gets back home while sitting on the bench in the NHL.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Yeah, 1990s Nintendo stuff. Told he was thinking not about hockey, but about how to beat video game levels once he gets back home while sitting on the bench in the NHL.

Ya, found the quote after reply- that’s absolutely nuts. Kinda makes some sense at the same time- coming from closed-down Russia, a certain personality type (that I may or may not identify with)- you get lost in the infinite new fun technology and games.

Oh, was Voracek lazy on the ice? I just remember his chiclets interview basically being “ya I don’t do that modern shit”. Just surprised me is all- very good player at his peak, but from interviews with other players and my own read on what he said- sounded like natural talent and little effort. Could be way off, lemme know.

Reactions: Shark Finn

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
I don't think Ovechkin is an especially lazy player.

At his peak he played hard. He was always moving and exerting effort. He wasn't great defensively, but I'm not sure that was primarily an effort problem.

He's coasting in that clip, but you can find similar clips of other notable players.

You don't score that many goals and have that many seasons as a noteworthy player if you're lazy.
There are things Ovi flat out doesn't do. This year against the Jets he made me laugh. Someone on his line dumped the puck in for him to chase. Ovi don't chase. He just gives his team mate a stare and goes for a change.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Laine. God given talent in that shot but just doesn't seem to like hockey.

Byfuglien is another guy who was just good at hockey but didn't like it. He gave back $16m just to not play or even deal with LTIR. He was known for being one of the few players who would gain weight throughout the season. He did have a few years when he was engaged and it was amazing.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad