Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
When Poehling scored 4 goals in one game, he was on PACE to score 328 for the year. Does the term small sample size mean anything to you?

Fyi, for identically and independently distributed random variables (an approximation admittedly), the value of sample size goes as the square root of the number of games.

So the midpoint between a 1-game sample and an 82-game sample is at around 21 games.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I see,so many thought he deserved to be playing with Tatar and BG and against the opposition top lines every game,got it! KK was getting PP minutes where PD was not,talk about gravy! KK started the season with Toffoli, one of the top scores in the league so I get a bit flummoxed when people say he was not playing with quality players all along.

A lot of ppl say a lot of silly things, and?

Kinda like ignoring the reality that, under CJ, JKO was given less opportunity & held on a tighter leash.

Again, bottom line is that MB set the two kids up for failure, fanning playoff success expectations yet building a deep but talent thin fwd group that needs 20 & 21 C's to play with more consistency than is realistic... Especially when compounded by the fact that the defense he built lacks the top 4 talent to properly support.

Both kids are doing just fine and trending well overall towards growing into high quality if not elite top 6 C's over the next 2-4 yrs. Not their fault MB is clueless and some fans blindly buy his misguided expectations

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
A lot of ppl say a lot of silly things, and?

Kinda like ignoring the reality that, under CJ, JKO was given less opportunity & held on a tighter leash.

Again, bottom line is that MB set the two kids up for failure, fanning playoff success expectations yet building a deep but talent thin fwd group that needs 20 & 21 C's to play with more consistency than is realistic... Especially when compounded by the fact that the defense he built lacks the top 4 talent to properly support.

Both kids are doing just fine and trending well overall towards growing into high quality if not elite top 6 C's over the next 2-4 yrs. Not their fault MB is clueless and some fans blindly buy his misguided expectations

Yup! what you say. MB has no ability to make proper evaluations hence the situation the Habs are in.

Reactions: Miller Time

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Unless I missed someone calling it out already, I wanted to post that I believe that Jesperi Kotkaniemi is no longer waiver-exempt, due to games played in the NHL.

This is relevant a little bit to the yo-yo game they are playing with the taxi squad on off-days, but more imporantly it means that he can no longer go down to Laval without passing waivers, unless it is a conditioning stint.

It's sink or swim with him going forward.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad