Post-Game Talk: Jersey Sore | Jets lose 3-2 in SO

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Maybe he's got wax in his ears and not just when Noel is coaching. I mean he was somewhat disappointing when he was on the Ice Caps as well. Playing an individual game, not following systems, or embracing the game on a structured level. Able to dangle, pursue and play physical but not a lot of hockey IQ or urgency outside of PK situations. What did someone else call it...pond hockey?

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Stolen from the Devils GDT:

wellwood.gif

Blood sugar crash from those hamburgers at intermission...

IceCapsFanNL

Nov 1, 2011
St. John's
Maybe he's got wax in his ears and not just when Noel is coaching. I mean he was somewhat disappointing when he was on the Ice Caps as well. Playing an individual game, not following systems, or embracing the game on a structured level. Able to dangle, pursue and play physical but not a lot of hockey IQ or urgency outside of PK situations. What did someone else call it...pond hockey?

Pond Hockey!!!

That is it exactly!! When he was here after a few games watching him , every time he grabbed the puck and rushed up the ice, you just knew he would flub it. Burmi is all flash no finish.

Klingberg is similar except less talented, and doesn't show up to play as much. Healthy scratch on Saturday.

jetkarma*

Shane Hnidy doesn't throw players under the bus and usually is pretty diplomatic when he offers some comments that aren't positive. He talked at length today about Burmistrov on the big show today and it is worth searching out.

Slowly the Burmistrov proponents are seeing the actuality of his game , and while I hope he becomes a solid player , it is what it is and as one who termed his game "pond hockey" unfortunately that is still how he plays all too often.

A lot of skill to be sure , but that isn't translating on the ice.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Shane Hnidy doesn't throw players under the bus and usually is pretty diplomatic when he offers some comments that aren't positive. He talked at length today about Burmistrov on the big show today and it is worth searching out.

Slowly the Burmistrov proponents are seeing the actuality of his game , and while I hope he becomes a solid player , it is what it is and as one who termed his game "pond hockey" unfortunately that is still how he plays all too often.

Could you give a quick summary of what was said?

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Pond Hockey!!!

That is it exactly!! When he was here after a few games watching him , every time he grabbed the puck and rushed up the ice, you just knew he would flub it. Burmi is all flash no finish.

Klingberg is similar except less talented, and doesn't show up to play as much. Healthy scratch on Saturday.

Pretty much my sentiments, I like Burmi, think he has special skills but he is a long way from figuring it out, and until he proves otherwise as IceCapsFan put it "all flash no finish"

jetkarma*

Could you give a quick summary of what was said?

Trying to find link to relisten as I was not able to fully focus on it , but he said he makes that extra move that isn't productive , hasn't changed to how the team wants , that he keeps doing unproductive things. To me , as I mentioned , Shane is pretty positive and I really enjoy him and his perspective, as a recent player he doesn't grab the first opportunity to sensationalize a poor play , player , or performance.

It was kind of a verbal big shrug of the shoulders if that makes sense. I am sure we'll find a link or a post of the text of his conversation , just finding more and more the take on his play is becoming not blinded by the sparkle but focused on the results.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

I heard that on the ride in this morning. That, along with Dreger's comments about Burmistrov maybe being available has made me more and more resigned to seeing him traded.

Not saying it is likely, just seeing a greater possibility now.

I thought Burmistrov was looking pretty good for the first part of the season, and had limited some of his "extra" moves and such that Noel didn't like. Lately, though, it looks like Burmistrov has started to shift back towards his own East / West style, much to the chagrin of the coach.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I'm still trying to figure out whether or not Noel and the Jets are doing a good job of coaching and developing Burmistrov. I'm not sure that we can give Noel and the management the benefit of the doubt, yet.

I think it would be a mistake to trade a player of such obvious skills and potential so earlier in his career, particularly since I am not sure that his development has been handled all that well by the Thrashers / Jets so far.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I'm still trying to figure out whether or not Noel and the Jets are doing a good job of coaching and developing Burmistrov. I'm not sure that we can give Noel and the management the benefit of the doubt, yet.

I think it would be a mistake to trade a player of such obvious skills and potential so earlier in his career, particularly since I am not sure that his development has been handled all that well by the Thrashers / Jets so far.

I'd be pissed. Seriously.

The franchise trading for him will be patient and boost his confidence level. I'd bet money that we will regret trading him in a couple of years.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'd be pissed. Seriously.

The franchise trading for him will be patient and boost his confidence level. I'd bet money that we will regret trading him in a couple of years.

Maybe, maybe not. Not all players breakout when given a fresh start with another team. I'm not one to defend Noel but Burmistrov has been given extended looks in the top 6 over the last few years and hasn't been able to do much with it so I think some of the blame here falls on the player here. I'm not looking to ship him out but the longer you hold onto him without him breaking out the less value he will have. The Jets may regret not moving him right now when his value is still high.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Maybe, maybe not. Not all players breakout when given a fresh start with another team. I'm not one to defend Noel but Burmistrov has been given extended looks in the top 6 over the last few years and hasn't been able to do much with it so I think some of the blame here falls on the player here. I'm not looking to ship him out but the longer you hold onto him without him breaking out the less value he will have. The Jets may regret not moving him right now when his value is still high.

well thats true, it will be a gamble either way. Even now, all we'll get is either a small upgrade with no upside, or a player in a similar position (upside but questionable as to wether he makes it) there's going to be a risk inherent with whichever decision you make regarding burmi. Personally i'd rather we take the risk of holding onto him, unless you do have someone offering a clear upgrade that works long term (as in they are really banking on burmi becoming more then he is)

If were going to take the risk, i'd rather take the risk of holding on to him.

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
the way Claude Noel handles Burmistrov is mind boggling to me. Honestly he seems to have something against the kid. Burmis leach is a lot shorter then some other guys on this team.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
well thats true, it will be a gamble either way. Even now, all we'll get is either a small upgrade with no upside, or a player in a similar position (upside but questionable as to wether he makes it) there's going to be a risk inherent with whichever decision you make regarding burmi. Personally i'd rather we take the risk of holding onto him, unless you do have someone offering a clear upgrade that works long term (as in they are really banking on burmi becoming more then he is)

If were going to take the risk, i'd rather take the risk of holding on to him.

Agree with you.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
the way Claude Noel handles Burmistrov is mind boggling to me. Honestly he seems to have something against the kid. Burmis leach is a lot shorter then some other guys on this team.

Personally, i think the other guys leach's are too long, that's probably why they're always so tired...the damn leach's have lowered their blood supply!

No wonder burmi's able to back check so hard and usually looks like he's given it his all, that short leach is giving him a leg up on his competition

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
Personally, i think the other guys leach's are too long, that's probably why they're always so tired...the damn leach's have lowered their blood supply!

No wonder burmi's able to back check so hard and usually looks like he's given it his all, that short leach is giving him a leg up on his competition

lol, jokes at my expense!

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
it's all in good fun, I really shouldn't make fun of posts with typo's considering that's practically my calling card around here...

Yes...we're all well aware when the grindphone comes to town lol.

There was a really good one in another thread. It actually made me **** my eyebrow and go "huh?"

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Yes...we're all well aware when the grindphone comes to town lol.

There was a really good one in another thread. It actually made me **** my eyebrow and go "huh?"

I'm having trouble replacing those *'s with a four letter word that doesn't make that sentance sound bizarre...

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

So your privy to what Noel is telling Burmi and the assignments he gives him etc., Burmi follows and executes everything Noel and the coaching staff tell him to do and yet he gets benched right?:shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad