Post-Game Talk: Jersey Sore | Jets lose 3-2 in SO

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
2-1-1 on this road trip. Would have been nice to steal this, but at least they stole a point, and kept pace with NJ and NYR

Time to improve the home record, and a good start would be a win against the truculent Leafs.

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
I would have felt a bit guilty if we'd won this. I'm also somewhat relieved because the team isn't going to be able to think that what it did tonight is good enough. It wasn't. It can be dangerous to win too much when you don't deserve to.

Puckschmuck*

I want to be happy about getting a point, I really do. But it just bugs me that we let this game slip away from us.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
So how was he game guys and how was the shootout?

Btw, my idea for OT is just run 10 mins 4v4 and then either the shootout or 3v3 then shootout. Either way I think you eliminate shootouts quite a bit by doing that.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
omg-wtf-cat-o.gif

:RE Burmistrov's ice time

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
Maybe the worst first period by Jets 2.0?

I made a mistake, defending Clitsome earlier. He had a brutal game, and in a game filled with brutal free pizzas, bonehead plays, giveaways, he stood out in his brutality.

And WTF was Noel thinking having Meech and Clitsome out on the ice, and frickin paired together for OT?

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
jets not in playoff position and we are past the halfway mark. what's the math on jets chances making playoffs this season?

Need to go 13-7-3 to pretty much guarantee a playoff spot. This doesn't fully take into account the poor play in the SE, but if you want to remove that from the equation, that's what they need to do.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
One point out of tonight's game is more than many of us expected. I'm glad the deuce the Jets laid at centre ice got cleaned up before the 2nd period started. Wheeler and Hainsey tried to give the Devils a leg up. More Jokinen looking useless. LLW pinned in the d-zone too often tonight. Great to shut down Kovalchuk and Loktionov. Pavs was stellar tonight.

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
I'm not trying to start a Burmi vs Jokinen debate, it's just a reference that needs clarification.

Early on this season Burmi was quite often one of if not THE best Jets forward on the ice, now he has a few gaffes and gets completely demoted. And yet compared to Olli Jokinen who has been given every opportunity to succeed by being given a shot on almost every line. Playing both forward and defensive roles on the power play and never having his minutes reduced, all while not making much of any consistent contributions to this team and seeing no punishments or demotions....

and I ask my god why.

JustGivingEr

How far we done fell
Aug 17, 2009
Hamsterdam
Picking up Jokinen has been a big mistake thus far. I was optimistic heading into this year but the days of him in Florida are long, long gone and even his play in Calgary is a distant memory.

Avocado Coolranch

Just a fool
Jul 1, 2012
Vancouver
Need to go 13-7-3 to pretty much guarantee a playoff spot. This doesn't fully take into account the poor play in the SE, but if you want to remove that from the equation, that's what they need to do.

that looks doable??????? looks like jets schedule is easier in april, as well. maybe just maybe......

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
So out of our 9 of 11 games on the road, we went 4-1 in our first 5 game road trip. We followed that up by going 1-1 in our 2 games at home, then went 2-1-1 on the final 4 game road trip.

All in all, 7-3-1 and collected 15 of a possible 22 points. I'll take it. And in our last 10 we're 7-2-1. It all hasn't been pretty, but again, at this point I'll take it.

Heading into this 11 game stretch this team was at a low point, so much so that this 11 game stretch could of realistically dismantled ANY playoff chances for this team. Instead, we clawed through it and here we are. I am not a believer in this team, I am a supporter. It's going to take a long time for this team to make me a believer.

With that being said, we're 3 points back of the Division leading Carolina Hurricanes, though we have played one more game. Also, we're 5 points up on the next closest Southeast teams in Washington and Tampa Bay, that is a nice gap if we can buckle down and play quality hockey from here on out.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
So out of our 9 of 11 games on the road, we went 4-1 in our first 5 game road trip. We followed that up by going 1-1 in our 2 games at home, then went 2-1-1 on the final 4 game road trip.

All in all, 7-3-1 and collected 15 of a possible 22 points. I'll take it. And in our last 10 we're 7-2-1. It all hasn't been pretty, but again, at this point I'll take it.

Heading into this 11 game stretch this team was at a low point, so much so that this 11 game stretch could of realistically dismantled ANY playoff chances for this team. Instead, we clawed through it and here we are. I am nit a believer in this team, I am a supporter. It's going to take a long time for this team to make me a believer.

With that being said, we're 3 points back of the Division leading Carolina Hurricanes, though we have played one more game. Also, we're 5 points up on Washington and Tampa Bay, that is a nice gap if we can buckle down and play quality hockey from here on out.

Agreed. I really hope that the Jets can get out of that bubble limbo, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad