Jeremy Jacobs bullish on Houston and Seattle, not Quebec

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
Ehlers just signed also you forgot that DUSTIN BUFYLIN an thought out American free agent signed there.I bet you that you will see Patrik Liane sign an extension very soon.so there

Oh and really good to know on turris .
Not marquee
That's highly debatable.
Quebec will be good money wise. Wether the players take to it is another matter.

Player have no choice in where a team goes.Teams win with developing their players and drafing.Signing are not the only reason you win.

Also if the players hated Winnipeg why did they okey the deal for Atlanta to move to Winnipeg.
This doesn't make sense. You're young, so I'll say this: there have been surveys on this an Winnipeg was on top. That's from the players themselves so take it as you will.

KevFu

May 22, 2009
Phoenix from Rochester via New Orleans
I suspect Jacobs is very concerned about future alignment effects.

If we had Quebec for 17, just adding them into the "Adams" is fine, right? But you're going to have DET vs BOS to join QUE-OTT-MON-TOR-BUF if the NHL goes to 18 EC teams; and it's going to make more sense to put BOS vs NYR-NYI-NJD-PHI-WAS

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
Came up with this

nyr/nyi/njd/phi/car/tpa/fla/pit/
bos/mtl/tor/ott/buf/det/que/cbj
min/chi/stl/nsh/dal/hou/kc/wpg
sea/edm/cgy/van/la/ana/lv/sj/col

KC replaces Phoenix.
I think the divisions are too big but everyone wants to be happy. You can't get what you want in life.
I suspect Jacobs is very concerned about future alignment effects.

If we had Quebec for 17, just adding them into the "Adams" is fine, right? But you're going to have DET vs BOS to join QUE-OTT-MON-TOR-BUF if the NHL goes to 18 EC teams; and it's going to make more sense to put BOS vs NYR-NYI-NJD-PHI-WAS
Agree and that I feel is the other understated reason why Jacobs does not want Quebec.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Uhm actually the NHLPA have to approve it .Also did Mason and Kuliov and Buffy not wanted to leave there.

The have singed alot of players in few years.

The PA didn't have to approve the move--the PA has no say in relocations. Just as they don't have a say in the selection of expansion teams.

The PA does have a voice in league realignment, which came into play following the Atlanta relocation to Winnipeg. Similarly the PA has a voice in how expansion draft rules are formulated as we saw this past year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad