Confirmed with Link: Jeff Carter Traded to Pittsburgh / Jeff Carter Appreciation Thread

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Pens fan here...what can we expect?

He's become a bit of a utility forward. Plays center and wing.

More of a shooter than playmaker. Though he's still willing to go to dirty areas to score (he doesn't just rely on one type of shot).

He looks lazy in his skating, but that's just from having very effective skating mechanics.

He's been hot and cold the past few seasons. Injuries and age taking its toll.

He isn't a hero who rises in clutch moments. Not that he's soft. He's just not one who elevates his game any differently. However, just when you think he's fallen off the face of the earth, he'll show up with the kind of goal you needed and you'll think "where has this guy been?"

Toffoli and Pearson excelled under him. He can be good for youth or vets. While he has moments of disappearing from the scoresheet, he's easy to play with since he is very consistent in his style of play.

It was time for him to move on. The youth has outplayed him. But he will be missed for all that he brought.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Holy crap, I legit thought he was untradeable at this point. I will always absolutely LOVE Jeff Carter for helping the Kings get over the hump and winning two cups. With that said, he needed to go or retire. At the very least his time with the Kings had expired and more than likely his time as an NHL player is over

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Sad but not sad. He needed to move on for both parties. I love the guy but after his quick start it’s been hard work watching him struggle to bring it consistently. That skate injury really slowed him down and he never looked the same since. I wish him well and would love to see him raise another cup.

Hopefully Andersson now gets a long look.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
He wasn't going to be in LA much longer, so getting something for him while he could was good for Blake. Who knows? Might have seriously declined next season.
I think he's been pretty decent this year.
5 on 5 scoring
Kopitar 579 minutes 4-14-18
Iafallo 540 minutes 7-10-16
Athaansiou 387 minutes 7-7-14
Carter 485 minutes 7-6-13
Moore 460 minutes 3-10-13
Brown 509 minutes 6-7-13
Vilardi 437 minutes 4-7-11

Not so sure anyone else just steps in and fills that role this year.
But I think Andersson should probably be on deck.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2006
He wasn't going to be in LA much longer, so getting something for him while he could was good for Blake. Who knows? Might have seriously declined next season.

I wonder what changed from last season? Didn’t he threaten to retire if he was traded or something to that effect?

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Never thought Blakey could trade Carts, but my hats off to both of them. :clap::bow:

ac9457568464fa7fc013c29cd83db56c851035be.gifv

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I'm happy for Carter. I hope the conversation with Carter, Brown, and Quick was something along the lines of "we don't want to trade you, but if an offer to a contender comes along, would you be interested?" I don't blame him one bit for leaving and can't thank him enough for what he did for this franchise. One of the best to ever play here without a doubt.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Jeff Carter was a great King and two time Stanley Cup Champion. They don’t win without him. My favorite goal of his is when he skated around the net against Arizona in the WCF shot it from the middle and won the f***ing game. Thanks for all he did. Good luck at another Cup run Jeff!

You mean this in game 2 of the Stanley Cup Finals vs NJ?
(Kopitar had that sweet breakaway game winner in OT in game 1)

Carter could really fly and had that lethal wrister. This is such a Jeff Carter goal right here. ::tear::

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Conditions? I'd assume something about Pittsburgh advancing in the playoffs, but they're 2022/23 picks so now I'm curious.

In any case, so long Jeff and thanks for a LOT of great memories. Wish him the best and I'm confident Pens fans will be happy with what he brings.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Good luck Carts, gonna miss the big dude suprising everyone with his speed, even as an old fart.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
Conditions? I'd assume something about Pittsburgh advancing in the playoffs, but they're 2022/23 picks so now I'm curious.

In any case, so long Jeff and thanks for a LOT of great memories. Wish him the best and I'm confident Pens fans will be happy with what he brings.

Mayor mentioned the 22 pick could be based on games played. Nothing on 23 however

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad